View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
delterian loyalist
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
[*]Do you have a gold subscription?

I currently do not have a gold subscription on this account. However, I do have a gold subscription on an account I rarely use. If this is a problem, I would have no reservations upgrading to gold on this one.

[*]Why do you want the position?

I've always had an interest in writing and research. Two things that I believe this job will entail. I've often thought about becoming a journalist because it's something that has always seemed like fun, while at the same time providing others with useful information that will (hopefully) matter to them or let them know something that they previously didn't.

[*]Why would you be the best person for the position?

I can not and will not say that I am the flat-out best candidate for this position, but I will offer some of my thoughts as to why I think I would be a good News Team member:

I believe that I have an objective mindset and that I am willing to give things a shot before making any opinion. While there may not be many instances when I have to write an article for the News Team that needs objectivity, I would believe that more staff members would be willing to and feel more comfortable sharing their ideas with someone who will hear them out fully instead of coming in with preconceived ideas about whatever it is that they're discussing.

I have plenty of free time to get the job done and consider myself to be a punctual person who gets things done on time. You won't be waiting around for me to finish an article or be worried about assigning me a task. I am self motivated and somewhat of a perfectionist. You won't worry about needing to spell check my articles and finding ten to twenty grammatical errors.

Recently, I've picked up Adobe Photoshop as a hobby. I'm definitely not a photo-editing god but I feel as if I have a good grasp on the program and would be able to create whatever graphics are needed to complete an article. (If either you or Nataxo would like to see some of my work, please feel free to forum PM me Cyan and I will be glad to point you in the right direction.)

Finally, I would be able to do this job with a professional attitude. While it is a game, this game is a source of income for CJ and I would treat it as if it were a job I was being paid to do. I really do feel like Graal could benefit if prospective players saw news updates written by people with this mindset.

[*]Do you have any relevant experience with writing news?

The only experience I have with writing news comes from being on the High School Newspaper and Year Book clubs. However, I don't think that learning on the job would be an overwhelming task for me as I take criticism well and am always looking to improve.

[*]Other information you want to add

While I may be relatively unknown by a lot of you on the forums, I have played Graal for a long time without giving much of anything back to the community. If anything, this would be a chance to give something back to the game that has given me something to do over the past 10 years while doing something like I already enjoy.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a forum PM and I'll be more than happy to answer them.