Thread: GK trials
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Tįri o Taurė
ReBorn_Spirit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
I don't see how they're being more limited on GK when they're actually getting saved.
I reported that they got stuck in maps when the map ended while they were in observer mode. Now they cannot use maps.

Observer mode got them stuck in the water because it froze their character while driving a boat, or just standing on them. Well as nice as that wasnt, they can't even get on a boat now. It wouldnt even put them into the cargo hold, or if on the ferry wouldnt wait until they got off. So now they have to use dungeons now which take hours to map at their normal speed.

Then the observer mode was playing with the trade tables, that too was removed from their list of things to do. SO now every day I hear about these "new people" being ripped off and scammed because they cannot use the tables.

Also a new bug revealed itself, trials crafting iron items in a blacksmith actually lose their iron that is in their pliers, and time waisted from burning coal that isnt in use because they are forced to wait.

In short, GK just isnt a place for observer mode until these issues get resolved, NOT LIMITED(restricted)!

Either its going to be all fixed soon, or there just won't be trials anymore on GK at this rate. I would offer to help fix these things but I think Stefan and/or Bjorn are busy with other things. Since these bugs seem to do more damage being reported I should probably delete this post too, to prevent someone restricting them further. Trying to advertise a good game so you can get customers, not showing them how much you forgot to fix when you released the system.

I would propose that a flag be added to the server that will not allow observer mode to take place when trials are doing things like crafting / baking, riding a ferry, mapping. Just simple take the time they have put the observer mode on pause onto their waiting time, and keep that in record so they can't just close the game and relaunch it to avoid the excese time they build up.

Last edited by ReBorn_Spirit; 08-28-2007 at 11:53 AM..