View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 03:08 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I was never really a big fan of economy based gaming that supported the ability to trade in game for out of game goods. To me I would rather play a server that you cannot trade or drop your items if you want them go earn them. However, I do kinda miss some of the old servers that were around in late 2002 when I started. Servers that were just beginning to go UC or shutdown when I started. For example, I remember seeing old delteria, doomsday, boy moons, n-pulse, classic and I'm sure a few others. Thor's recent remake of Classic is just simply amazing. I am so saddened that I have already done the quests a dozen times and there are no new quests. I noticed that a huge part of grail's decline was not only when it transitioned into p2p (slightly before my time) yet still could hold player counts in the 80's-120's+ to when servers started going on a massive "we gotta have custom graphics and become rpg".. RPG I'm my opinion ruined the magic that I felt when I first started. Everything shifted from a exploring and questing to a storyline to more of a just go kill something 10,000 times and you'll be strong. Thats why servers like 2001, and classic, and even n-pulse were always great servers to me even if classic and 2001 went UC and never came back really =/ As for iPhone/Android servers and even Facebook... there just not fun to me, yeah they have a lot of players but big deal the controls just are no where in the same league of fun as PC. Facebook limits and lags to much I would rather the real client. When I first first first started playing graal I cannot even fathom how many players were on. It simply was not in my mind at all. I was interested in playing a game, not looking at a number. The adventures, the exploring the game play was just nice. And I can honestly say even in the 80-120 player count range I never really interacted with more then 10-20 players in a level at any 1 time and that would be considered sparing, or events. Most of the questing I did I was the only player in the quest with MAYBE 1 or 2 other players randomly around the world. And it was fun, I didn't care how many people were around I was on a mission and I succeeded.