View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Problem is, nothing unexpected is happening. When someone complains about hitting someone else on their own screen without it damaging them, there's nothing unexpected about that, when someone complains about hitting someone else despite not seeing themself hit their opponent on their own screen, there's also nothing unexpected about that.
If hitting other players is different it could easily be down to something such as increased delay as a result of being on a different, possibly lower priority machine than UN or iClassic.

And there definitely is a placebo element to it, a lot of players still believe we have a serverside hit detection, which was scrapped completely.
I gave you examples in the other thread and instead of actually wondering what I'm experiencing you're too busy trying to justify your system. Many veteran sparrers are telling you that it's not the same, how can you possibly try to deny that?

On Classic I don't have to slash on a player to hit them, I spam where they will be in 1-2 seconds and then see them get hit well after I'm done. I don't lag and neither do they. On UN or iClassic that window of "slashing ahead of time" is much shorter, meaning I can't pull the same kind of hits off there. Why is it happening? I don't know, but it is, and other sparrers can see it.

It has nothing to do with Classic's old serverside HD, I doubt many of the sparrers today really even experienced that HD.

Either way, I'll just keep sparring in Classic's tournies with UDP checked (TCP). It's like a free win for me.