View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Horrible example @ Blobz.
How is it a horrible example?
It clearly shows his opponent being hurt a whole 2-3 seconds after Blobz had slashed around that area. This backs up the idea that with the combination of default hit detection and lag a sparrer has to guess ahead of time.

Quote:
Sparring people I've sparred on UN and iClassic on Classic felt completely different. The HD just reacts differently. I mean, I can't believe how obvious this is...
It's not obvious though, a lot of sparrers do not notice a difference, and those that claim to can either never explain it, or have some pre-conceived notion based on pre-wipe Classic's HD.

Quote:
I don't hit people from awkward distances on either server, only on Classic.
This is either due to some technicality involving the different machines the servers are hosted on, sheer coincidence, or a biased exaggeration. This behaviour is perfectly normal (even if confusing) to occur as a result of the default clientside hit detection mechanism, and is exactly what the video shows. There is nothing scripting wise on Classic that would be invoking a higher delay, synchronised variables are kept to a minimum where they might be used more wrecklessly on an older more dated server.

Quote:
Maybe it's the level 3 shield thing, I don't know, but as an active player who actually plays multiple servers I can confirm that it's not the same.
The movement speed being pixel perfect does mean it is not exactly the same as default, however the difference is only very slight (visually un-noticable), and is also more accurate.