View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
If the graal# account was behind the scenes and something never had to be dealt with it would have been better instead of making people pay for the community name, it should just have been default and hidden #s
I agree. Community Names ought to be something available only behind the scenes, like PCID, IP, and so on.

Being able to identify people by the names they want to use is very useful all on its own, and it is incredibly frustrating to have lots of randomly numbered users on who are able to constantly change their nicknames. If nobody catches their actual community name before they log off, it's harder to issue a warning or ban. Guest accounts make things even worse, because players will use them for alternative purposes that exploit game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps
If you don't want to pay you play as guest as always, or just reset? I remember those days.
Those days were pretty terrible, and the P2P system slowly drove away lots of players who didn't believe a monthly / annual fee for Graal was justified. (And honestly, it still isn't.)

Microtransactions are really the better way to go, because it gives players the option of funding the game in exchange for digital goods and services, rather than paying just to enjoy the game. I would not advocate going back to P2P.