View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Mac requires a native RC.

Virtualizing Windows to use the native RC is way too resource-hogging for a portable. In all dimensions: Disk Space, CPU, and Memory. My system goes to a sluggish speed in these cases. Backing up things is also near impossible (communications from mother os to virtualized os is difficult)

In-game client-rc is immensely slow... And I have time to write an entire line of code before I see the beginning of the line start to form. If I do a typo, I have to move the cursor to the point of interest to work, because waiting for the cursor to finish changing is too long. Also, it was badly designed for user experience. Backing up things is impossible.

Alternatives are to abandon Mac, which I have no interest in doing.
The Intel version of Graal, with external windows, is waaaaay better. However, it's still not as good as the Windows RC.

I'm with you, but unfortunately, Stefan has said Windows won't be getting offline RC updates, which means that Mac will NEVER get any kind of offline tools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
BootCamp?
He wants a Mac RC, not a way to run Windows

I have to use Boot Camp to develop, unfortunately.