View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 03:38 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Zodiac, GK and UN had aspirations to move to iOS but this has not come to fruition for various different reasons. Delteria has ofcourse made its plans to launch on iOS abundantly clear but is still yet to happen. Era and GtA obviously have political hurdles. In the case of Zodiac and GK they have their own dev server for a mobile project.

Looking at it further, all iOS servers were pushed by Stefan, there have been a grand total of zero community-led projects launched on mobile. With that statistic in mind you have to question whether it's a realistic goal without being given official endorsement.
Stefan didn't actually do much on the iOS servers- I did the majority of the content on both Ol' West and Zone; I don't believe this is the reason why iOS server's aren't being pushed. If a server is wanting to progress to iOS I suggest they contact the PWA? That's how it's always been and to my knowledge hasn't changed.

Quote:
Why not? Having players be able to play your work in real-time is one of the single biggest incentives to learn to develop. I do think it should be clearly advertised as community-created content rather than professionally developed content though.
You missed my point- Staff can design using PC and the iOS players can watch using their device. We use TWITCH a lot on iEra to promote development. I'm pretty sure every player with more than 100~ hours are aware it's a community driven project.

Quote:
Although this is certainly true, your proposed solution is not really tackling the underlying problem: PC Graal has essentially been abandoned by Graal management for at least the last 7 years. Although it will never come close to reaching the heights of mobile Graal, it could still do a lot better if it was actually given some support, or if someone who actually cared about it was given control and the access to make changes.
Why would Graal as a company invest time in a product that isn't their main platform? I agree it could be a lot better - but what's the point when we've proven that the iOS servers are performing 1000's times better.

As mentioned previously- I'd push PC to more a development environment used to create the iOS worlds.

Quote:
It's an interesting thought hypothetically, but the reality of the situation is that Stephane and Xor will not even discuss the matter of whether the servers are similar. There is also the fact that an agreement had already been reached, and it has not even technically been reneged, I'm just assuming that because despite my best efforts over the last 18 months, communication has completely broken down from their side.

Really though if you took away the sword style combat we'd have to remake all the content anyway, and nobody would see it as a homage to the original Graal anymore.

It's odd that you bring this up, because on one of the few occasions Unixmad did reply he was acting as if we were expecting to be launched on iOS, which as I pointed out before is a privilege that no community-led project has yet been granted. It is only Facebook + Web Browser that we had agreed to be launch on, and the differences between the servers are abundantly obvious to anyone who is capable of not judging a book by its cover.
Let's look at this realistically- you've not been contacted in 18 months regarding a release, it's not going to happen in it's current state.

I agree, it would be a completely different server if you took away the swords and created a leveling system (as a suggestion). However, from a company point of view why would they release a Classic clone to confuse the young players?

I hate to say it to you because I think you've put a lot of dedication and effort in to GtA- but if you aren't going to change it to a server that's not similar to Classic... it won't get released; You need to make the decision to change or let it go. I know if I was a company manager I wouldn't invest time in to a project that is a replica of an existing product. Sorry if this offends you.