Thread: Crystal Dungeon
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
id want to see the boss in motion too
It reminded me of one of those giant Zodiac monsters; it wasn't too bad.
I checked and it has like 20 frames.

I enjoyed battling the boss and thought it was a real treat compared to the other things we've had on GK. It actually required some bit of strategy and teamwork and surely stretched the limits of the individual player (you have to be fully equipped with Sword, Bow, and Magic to fight it effectively).
-----

However I dislike the open nature of the dungeon and would prefer if it were party-based like the Crypt, where your party has to enter 5 keys at once to get inside.

The reasons for this are fairly obvious. I logged in today cause I saw my buddy Conq online and wanted to say hi. I went to him in the dungeon and saw he was the only person there. There was 3 keys in the door, presumably from him as well. Nobody else entered the dungeon for about an hour while I idled there seeing him run around grinding the rooms.

Suddenly, the door opens and he invites me to a party to slay the boss. This is neat, a first-time invitation even though I didn't really deserve to enter. Anyway, suddenly there's a dozen players in this dungeon after it had just been us two for the past hour or longer.

We battled the giant for about another hour, Shrimps joined our party and contributed heavily... but the three of us were the only ones who ever touched the goddamn boss. We died thousands of times (literally, I got glitched and died thousands of times) battling this thing... and a half dozen random guys got rewards as well. After-words I asked what the reward was used for, and some guy who was barely level 50 and couldn't even do 1 damage to the boss, let alone gather the keys, exclaimed he already had four of the five required reward pieces just by being there. I battled this thing non-stop for an hour to get a gem, and this guy has 4 without ever lifting a finger.

I just found this absurd and laughed as I logged off for another 6 months.
-----

Apart from the boss, everything else is just recycled and grindy with really zero effort put into it (it took me under 60 seconds to re-shade the giant eye-sore wooden gates (in my personal folder) to match the dungeon (before I tore my eyes out), all the same monsters -- why are vampires and t-rex in a frozen crystal cave?)... I wouldn't really recommend it unless someone tells you to come on and sit in the boss room for a reward.

Last edited by Supaman771; 06-08-2015 at 02:32 AM..