View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
In a naughty place.
touch_me is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to touch_me
Lightbulb What makes a good manager?

Hello fellow graalians. I am seeking out an answer that will hopefully help all of us. I have been apart of many servers, making graphics, ganis, and levels. I have seen numerous servers fail, where other may succeed and vice versa. I have developed on both classic worlds, and playerworlds. But now i am seeking out an answer as to what makes a good manager. I know each person shall have there own opinion on this, and thats why i am posting this question here.

In my opinion, a manager should be someone whom not only helps with the progress of a server but is a cornerstone. Someone who already has the understanding that maturity and cooperation are the key principles behind making concepts and plans a reality.

But it is hard to find a single person with the discipline and character required to fill such an important position.

There are wikis about how to create graphics, or how to learn graal script. but where can i find information about managing?

I would like to hear some of your opinions about any manager that you think has been successful and why they were able to be such a success.

I would also like to hear about the opposite. Who was/is a bad manager why are bad in your own opinion.

And if anyone who currently manages an already "successful" server happens to read this please add your thoughts as well.

And please be honest, don't be affraid of hurting anyones feelings, anything posted here should be information that can help all future managers and this thread should be no means turn into a place where people blast jargon against one another in an attempt to make someone look bad so they can feel good about themselves.