View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Requiring an open beta (the Hosted tab) sounds like a hype killer for servers that have had continuous pre-testing like Classic and are planning a "big" release. I thought the only purpose of the Hosted tab was to offer that kind of testing environment to servers that feel they've reached that stage in their development. It just seems weird that you can no longer skip the step, but it's not really a big deal either. It's not as though we're flooded with potential Classic tab servers planning their release, but I can understand why Classic staff don't like it being a requirement, because I wouldn't either if I had a server I planned to release.
These are general guidelines for the the majority of UC servers. While most of this has always been used it was never really put in writing. If a server chose to do massive pretesting and wished for a direct release to classic they would just need to notify the PWA of their intent ahead of time so we could be more in depth with what we are looking at and for.

PC Classic will not be required to go through this process. Thor's request to be UC until such time as he is prepared to be visible again was based on efficiency.