Thread: Levels Editor?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I found it was lacking in some areas to the point I couldn't use it. Also the fact that it didn't have layer support meant it didn't offer enough for me to move over from the current editor.

Mainly it had problems saving options/tile definitions. I don't quite remember though.
The version in the source repository does saving and creating of tile definitions, could probably test that a bit and then update the executable.

Also if you could name some of the areas where it is lacking, they can maybe be fixed if they are reasonable, I just haven't had much time in the last few months, so not much has happened. The problem with most tile editing related changes is that they are personal preferences, in the future there should probably be a special options dialog for selection/tile behavior.

And the problem with layers is that there are some implementation obscurities in how Stefan intend(ed) to implement them in the Graal client, since, considering they are not even "officially" supported right now, there's not much information about it. That, and the actual usefulness of them (maybe someone could link a level where they are used?).

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):