View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Statistics beg to differ the 'death' of Graal, player-count of Graal has been increasing and the main reason is because of iPhone Graal. It's free advertisement for the PC platform. Many players on the iPhone are fully aware of Graal on the PC.

Zodiac's Player Graph
http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/120

Both Zodiac and Era show signs of player-count increase in the past year as well.
True, on facebook all the time there is players arguing PC is better. I feel, most of the time, it is deceiving players to think they should pay to have an account. I also know trials get on and quit because servers don't explain the PC controls and how to play their servers... One of my iPod friends told me for two months he didn't know about the Q menu, and I had to teach him how to use F7 to message me.

But I don't think Trials should count in the statistics unless they come back over and over again. That would be like saying me playing Runescape for five minutes to try it counts for the active users on Runescape D:

I only use that as an example because it was the only game I couldn't try for two weeks. So horrible in my opinion.. D:

I'd also like to know how far the graph goes..
If 922 trials upgraded since last year or the last few months, then I admit I'm definitely proven wrong lol.. Sounds too astonishing to be true..

But yeah, iPod and Facebook are both advertisement for Graal it self, so will facebook be. I'm sure iPod fans will argue iPod is better than facebook as well and have people switch as well.

Just saying there are too many unknowns in the statistics to persuade myself. Also shows me people have too much money to waste. x.x;
And so far no one has voted that it will be dead soon anyway...

Either way it is still going to die slowly until they step up with something big like getting rid of P2P's which I feel started killing the population from the start. Possibly advertise Graal more then having the game. Facebook ads would help a lot once it hits facebook.

There use to be more then 4-5 servers on the server list. Hundreds of people on each server.. :'[ miss those days..

Everything dies slowly. -.^
Newpapers are dieing slowly.
Hopefully I am proven terribly wrong,
and Graal finds a health potion.

-Edit-
Actually in that whole bit, I was thinking PC.
After iPod, Facebook, the owners may find other ways to get money from its audience and expand. It's still going to die slowly, but possibly slower than my own lifetime. x.x; Depends more on the owners.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz