Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 126 to 150 of 271
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 38 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Hezzy002
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,173
Posted By Hezzy002
All you need is the distance on one axis. Get the...

All you need is the distance on one axis. Get the absolute value of the difference between the two coordinates and then multiply it to scale, or use exponents to scale exponentially. Assign that new...
Forum: Level Design 06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,493
Posted By Hezzy002
If you move large amounts quickly, sometimes the...

If you move large amounts quickly, sometimes the rendering will break up and you get black areas on the level, even when the level data is available. It's only happened with scripts I've made...
Forum: Level Design 06-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,493
Posted By Hezzy002
Forget about my post.. I thought I was on...

Forget about my post.. I thought I was on Graalians. That really only applies to mobile devices, unless someone has a really, really bad PC.
Forum: Level Design 06-02-2012, 04:55 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,493
Posted By Hezzy002
You shouldn't use too many layers, it can get...

You shouldn't use too many layers, it can get expensive from a rendering perspective. Graal allocates a buffer to render to for each layer, because when you don't move, tiles are not rendered as...
Forum: Code Gallery 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 6,769
Posted By Hezzy002
I edited my post with a way to implement it in...

I edited my post with a way to implement it in GS2. Edit was supposed to be right after but I didn't have time, had to go off to school.

You should also rig a percentage of tweening to use as a...
Forum: Code Gallery 05-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 6,769
Posted By Hezzy002
One of the features of jQuery's animation lib is...

One of the features of jQuery's animation lib is daisy-chaining animations.

item.animate().animate().animate();

Then they execute in that order. You can rig that up in GS2, should look into it....
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 3,435
Posted By Hezzy002
I really like this from a conceptual standpoint....

I really like this from a conceptual standpoint. Keep up the good work and you'll probably see it hitting iOS devices. Just don't let them screw you out of some money.
Forum: Gani Construction 05-30-2012, 03:40 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,366
Posted By Hezzy002
Graal Previewer

--Cross posted from Graalians forums--

Features:
-Multi + Singledirection ganis
-Drag + drop a head/body/sword/shield/gani onto the frame and it'll update.
-Hit save in your image editing...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 3,435
Posted By Hezzy002
Looks pretty cool. Who's working on it with you?

Looks pretty cool. Who's working on it with you?
Forum: Gani Construction 05-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Replies: 27
Views: 8,997
Posted By Hezzy002
Yeah, I did at one point. Then I ported it to C#,...

Yeah, I did at one point. Then I ported it to C#, lost the Java source, and integrated it into my own engine for my game's animation format and lost all backwards compatibility with Graal ganis.
Forum: Level Design 05-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 5,343
Posted By Hezzy002
This is the best level I've ever seen!!!!!

This is the best level I've ever seen!!!!!
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,918
Posted By Hezzy002
I've never trusted this mechanic of Graal for a...

I've never trusted this mechanic of Graal for a variety of reasons including huge waste of bandwidth and unreliable behavior. You should look into alternatives or writing your own system.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 7,915
Posted By Hezzy002
It was in response to FP4's "Unless Stefan can...

It was in response to FP4's "Unless Stefan can script it into the PM system..."

And the servers can totally take the stress of being an image host, it's practically nothing compared to all the...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 7,915
Posted By Hezzy002
Yay, everyone ignores my solution that can...

Yay, everyone ignores my solution that can totally be scripted in!
Forum: N-Pulse News 05-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 8,723
Posted By Hezzy002
You should seriously go back to the graphics from...

You should seriously go back to the graphics from the preview.

Stop thinking of N-Pulse in terms of old N-Pulse. Think of it as N-Pulse 2.0. You should keep the gameplay largely the same, but the...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 7,915
Posted By Hezzy002
The solution is obviously to download images to...

The solution is obviously to download images to the game server as a proxy and then send them to the client.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
Nice work, but the transformation is still quite...

Nice work, but the transformation is still quite off. The scene should see more distortion toward the top in the way of shrinking horizontally. Also, the horizon line isn't appearing properly.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
You said it an earlier post you could :/ ...

You said it an earlier post you could :/

Anyway, if you can't set UV coords independent of their vertex positions, then the only increase in framerate that'll really help you is reducing the...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
If you can set the UV coords independently from...

If you can set the UV coords independently from the vertex positions like I said earlier then you can do the exact same thing you're doing now with a single polygon. How do you set the UV coords?
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
If that's the case, then it's very likely that...

If that's the case, then it's very likely that Graal renders scripted images and polygons into their own draw call. The bottleneck here is the communication between the CPU and GPU taking too long...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 7,834
Posted By Hezzy002
Am I the only one who never took screenshots on...

Am I the only one who never took screenshots on Graal? I've seen people with hundreds upon thousands of screenshots, yet I might have like one of some bug that happened.

I wish I took some more :(
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 7,834
Posted By Hezzy002
Agree. Babylon was my favorite server for a long...

Agree. Babylon was my favorite server for a long time.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
Wait, no math or rendering as in a 64x64 loop...

Wait, no math or rendering as in a 64x64 loop without transformation or rendering? What else are you doing? It sounds like something odd is going on if you're getting significant performance drops...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
Does it bottleneck during rasterization or...

Does it bottleneck during rasterization or transformation with the higher quality?

You could also probably get away by scaling up the polycount for the closer sections.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,555
Posted By Hezzy002
Are you having framerate issues? I see the 3 and...

Are you having framerate issues? I see the 3 and have some ideas.
Showing results 126 to 150 of 271

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.