Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 101 to 125 of 372
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 43 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: joseyisleet
Forum: Future Improvements 02-28-2002, 06:32 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 783
Posted By joseyisleet
Read from file....

-=Josey=-
It would be nice to have a function that would read text from a file (not like an npc). Something like:

if (playertouchsme){
say2 filenamehere,toplinetostartwith,bottomlinetoendwith;...
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,429
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Yeah, I'm still thinking of how I can...

-=Josey=-
Yeah, I'm still thinking of how I can make the level better and assort the prizes better. Maybe make a shelf type thing or something. If anyone has any ideas for some good prizes post them...
Forum: Level Design 02-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 1,893
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- I give it a 6. It looks good all in...

-=Josey=-
I give it a 6. It looks good all in all, but, no originality to it. I've noticed that most of the recent screenshots posted have been nothing but a level with waterfalls and cliffs in...
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 1,377
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- How I first started making "walking"...

-=Josey=-
How I first started making "walking" NPCs, I looked at the code inside of the pre-made NPCs, then found my own "unique" set up for doing it. It's not all that hard, just set the direction...
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-28-2002, 01:07 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,429
Posted By joseyisleet
Events..

-=Josey=-
Ok, almost every server has a completely idiotic Events prize system. You don't get any NPC prizes unless there's an RC on or all you get is money. Tell me what you think of mine.
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 1,432
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- if...

-=Josey=-

if (playerenters&&hasweapon(yourweaponhere)){
toweapons yourweaponhere;
sleep .1;
destrory;
}


You may have to make the sleep just a tad bit longer. It should work though....
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,482
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Or you could use it in a timeout...

-=Josey=-
Or you could use it in a timeout like:

if (playerenters){
timeout=.05;
}
if (timeout){
setani ani,;
timeout=ganilength;
}
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-27-2002, 11:33 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,482
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- In the gani editor, on the continuous...

-=Josey=-
In the gani editor, on the continuous part set that to true.
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-27-2002, 01:48 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 980
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- So if I put it on a looping timeout...

-=Josey=-
So if I put it on a looping timeout starting with the created command it would run forever?
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 980
Posted By joseyisleet
Serverside scripts.

-=Josey=-
Ok, I've never used any server side scripts. I was wondering how exactly they work. Say you use something like:


//#SERVERSIDE
if (created||playerenters){
message Hello!;
sleep...
Forum: Level Design 02-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,130
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Thank you Stefan. That question...

-=Josey=-


Thank you Stefan. That question has been bugging me forever, lol.
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,524
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Looks good WarpCaptain. Nice clean...

-=Josey=-
Looks good WarpCaptain. Nice clean and short script.
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 866
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- We all gave you great advice in your...

-=Josey=-
We all gave you great advice in your last thread, re-read it. We didn't call you a "newbie" scripter. If I got that much advice whenever I first started scripting I would be at the level I...
Forum: Level Design 02-26-2002, 12:31 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,130
Posted By joseyisleet
Stefan or anyone who knows.

-=Josey=-
Ok, I'm not "telling" you to answer this like most people. Just a simple question with a simple answer to you or anyone that knows for sure. What is the maximum file size for a level on a...
Forum: Level Design 02-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 1,925
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Like the infamous song "Kama Sutra"...

-=Josey=-
Like the infamous song "Kama Sutra" by DJ Skribble says, "Free your minds". ;D Even though I myself lack the creativity to make good levels like most people. ;\
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 02-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 1,658
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Hell my player world isn't even...

-=Josey=-


Hell my player world isn't even up, and I'm already being IMed in AIM asking if they can be a Police member, a FAQ, or an ET. It does get quite annoying, but, on the other hand it...
Forum: Zormite 02-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 131
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- I see it in the near future, bye bye...

-=Josey=-
I see it in the near future, bye bye orb. Lol!
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 1,823
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- I know this isn't scripting related,...

-=Josey=-
I know this isn't scripting related, but, Lomgren where in Missouri do you live?
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 2,644
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Looks good man. Like they said, if...

-=Josey=-
Looks good man. Like they said, if you press the S and D key your weapons get enabled. An easy way to stop that would be to put the disableweapons command in a timeout.
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,531
Posted By joseyisleet
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am

-=Josey=-


Slow processor or some settings where set wrong with your Graal?
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-25-2002, 02:46 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 2,531
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Well, not that high, lol. Say you're...

-=Josey=-
Well, not that high, lol. Say you're only capable of making an NPC weapon that layed a bomb, set your goal to make it lay all around the player in a circling motion. Stuff like that. Not...
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-25-2002, 02:37 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 1,736
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Ultima, I'm just now starting my own...

-=Josey=-
Ultima, I'm just now starting my own NPC trading item, I'll happily let you look at the code to learn from it, and not steal it. =P
Forum: Level Design 02-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 1,925
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Looks good, but, do you think you...

-=Josey=-
Looks good, but, do you think you used enough of those rock things? ;P
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 02-25-2002, 06:10 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 863
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey and half of Graal=- Why would you even...

-=Josey and half of Graal=-
Why would you even use a levelgenerator? Sure it does all of the hard work for you, but, the hardwork is what makes you appreciate your own work. Also, if you're LAT...
Forum: NPC Scripting 02-25-2002, 05:46 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,747
Posted By joseyisleet
-=Josey=- Oh yeah, use something like : ...

-=Josey=-
Oh yeah, use something like :
setstring client.test, strtofloat(#s(client.test))+1;

I do believe that should work.
Showing results 101 to 125 of 372

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.