Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 101 to 125 of 500
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 37 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Silver Knight
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-18-2004, 03:59 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 4,913
Posted By Silver Knight
NPC Scripting. Heaven forbid some hapless child...

NPC Scripting.
Heaven forbid some hapless child wanders in here in hopes of getting help in some other coding language.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 07-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,436
Posted By Silver Knight
His point is that the stars are way way way way...

His point is that the stars are way way way way way further away than any normal moon would be.
Forum: Level Design 07-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 2,358
Posted By Silver Knight
See the attached file. Those were the ones I...

See the attached file.
Those were the ones I saw right away, I think there might be another, not really sure.
Forum: Level Design 07-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 2,358
Posted By Silver Knight
Yeah, there is a special tile for that sort of...

Yeah, there is a special tile for that sort of thing, Crono.
Makes it look nice and spiffy.

I like both levels, but, in the first level, the deep water parts seem kind of blocky.

As for the...
Forum: Graphic Design 07-17-2004, 04:44 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 1,617
Posted By Silver Knight
Gradients=Nonono. Just because it's easy...

Gradients=Nonono.
Just because it's easy doesn't mean it's good.
Just because it was overused for a long period of time, doesn't mean its good.
Your walls will be much more interesting if you...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 2,440
Posted By Silver Knight
The code they gave you works for the door, it...

The code they gave you works for the door, it does not show a key or anything.
There are a few ways you can do the key thing,
one is to simply have the key hidden, then have it show when the...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 07-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Replies: 64
Views: 5,368
Posted By Silver Knight
In my search for free online games to play, I...

In my search for free online games to play, I came across some site like www.freegamesonline.com, or something.
On it they had a link to "Zelda Online."

I then made an account and started...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 07-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,388
Posted By Silver Knight
I hope you don't end up using the mouse to aim or...

I hope you don't end up using the mouse to aim or anything.

I vote for a nice D+F combo.
D shoots in the direction your facing.
F pumps the gun.
Perhaps X,C, and V could be utilized for special...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
Nonono. I didn't mean read by the player. The...

Nonono.
I didn't mean read by the player.
The NPC won't read that part, and thus won't think it's a command.
Those // are for putting comments in the script like
Ex:
this.speed=2 //Change this...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
While your here, MegaSizzler, take a gander at...

While your here, MegaSizzler, take a gander at the coding standards set forth by the great Kaimetsu.
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
The Newbie Scripter Bible. It is a tutorial on...

The Newbie Scripter Bible.
It is a tutorial on Graal's scripting language.
Do a search on the forum and you should be able to find a link.
In the meantime, there is a file in your main graal...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
Well, I'll give you the some commands you need to...

Well, I'll give you the some commands you need to do the script.
It's up to you to find out how to use them.
Comments behind a // are not read by the script, so you can put info in there.

if...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
Read my edited post above. I pretty much told...

Read my edited post above.
I pretty much told you why I didn't want to give you the script.

And yes, trial and error is how you learn.
It's how I learned ages ago, and it's how other people...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
The other hint? Don't make a server that needs...

The other hint?
Don't make a server that needs a script that detects when you kill all the lame baddies in some horribly tiled level to just go to yet another horrible looking room to slay some more...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 4,579
Posted By Silver Knight
This really should be in the scripting forum. ...

This really should be in the scripting forum.
But whatever.

However, I will not give you the whole script.
Rather a psuedocode for it.
Essentially, it is like this.

if (created) {...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 07-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Replies: 84
Views: 10,020
Posted By Silver Knight
You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear...

You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear that.

Oh, and I'd help with levels if you need it.
I have a sample of my work in the Levels Forum.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 07-13-2004, 06:53 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 3,492
Posted By Silver Knight
I logged on to the server and, so far, it's...

I logged on to the server and, so far, it's looking pretty good.
I have some small gripes, though.
Your cactus image seems too bright and contrasts with the rest of the server.
It's hard to...
Forum: Level Design 07-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 2,782
Posted By Silver Knight
No Cliffs???

A level without cliffs?
What is this blasphemy!?

Come on, these comments are nice, but I'm looking for some real constructive criticism here.
Shadowless's post was good, but he'd already told...
Forum: Tech Support 07-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,126
Posted By Silver Knight
v3 Crashing Problem

Since upgrading to VIP, I've noticed that v3 is rather unstable on my computer, and tends to crash when too many things are going on.

For example, the last crash occured under the following...
Forum: Level Design 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 2,782
Posted By Silver Knight
Outside Level: Feedback Please.

Well, here is a level I made a week ago, or so, and I decided to post it here so that you guys can comment on it, etc.

I'm not looking for a score so much as an explanation of ways to improve...
Forum: Graphic Design 07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Replies: 40
Views: 3,187
Posted By Silver Knight
The Galdor strikes again with yet another fine...

The Galdor strikes again with yet another fine piece of art.
The first one is amazing, the coloring on it is great, I really like the use of light and shadow on the various parts.

As for the...
Forum: Level Design 07-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,640
Posted By Silver Knight
Parts I Like: -The paths, they aren't just...

Parts I Like:
-The paths, they aren't just straight paths, which adds a bit of needed interest to the level.

Parts that need improvement:
-The overall design of the level is dull. Things don't...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 11-06-2001, 10:22 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 2,985
Posted By Silver Knight
Yup, those people suck.

Yup, those people suck.
Forum: Bomy Island Main Forum 11-04-2001, 12:36 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 823
Posted By Silver Knight
It's basically a mecha that bomies can use. BAES...

It's basically a mecha that bomies can use. BAES stands for (I think)- Bomy Appendage Enhancement System. The mechas have arms, so bomies can perform many task they could not before.
Forum: Future Improvements 11-03-2001, 08:21 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 812
Posted By Silver Knight
It has already been recommended, but Stefan...

It has already been recommended, but Stefan hasn't added it yet, hopefully in 2.1
Showing results 101 to 125 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.