Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 101 to 125 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds; generated 31 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: maximus_asinus
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,021
Posted By maximus_asinus
Ignoring blocking tiles?

function onCreated() {
setshape2(10,10,{
11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,
11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,
11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,
11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,11,
...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 08-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 2,466
Posted By maximus_asinus
Did voice chat even work? I remember it required...

Did voice chat even work? I remember it required UDP way back, but that option was removed from the client.
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 5,027
Posted By maximus_asinus
Damn. I was imaging trying to create an...

Damn.

I was imaging trying to create an inventory and weapon system like Link's Awakening where the player could have different weapons equipped to the S and D keys. So I imagine I'd have to...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 5,601
Posted By maximus_asinus
Yeah I realize that. I am just wondering what the...

Yeah I realize that. I am just wondering what the difference of doing what was posted vs something like:


// Part of Class NPC called ControlNPC
function onControl() {
temp.control =...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 5,601
Posted By maximus_asinus
FP4's tutorial is actually really helpful. I had...

FP4's tutorial is actually really helpful. I had no idea you could call functions from a variable. Also I now understand what the different variable prefixes do.
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 5,601
Posted By maximus_asinus
Okay after reading some of FP4's tutorial I am...

Okay after reading some of FP4's tutorial I am guessing temp.controlnpc = findnpc("Control-NPC") finds the object and this.player.data = temp.controlnpc.player_data pulls the value of player_data...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 5,601
Posted By maximus_asinus
GScript for Dummies Guide to GS2 question.

I'm reading the guide on GS2 and near the end he or she mentions objects. This part has me lost. What exactly is happening here?

temp.controlnpc = findnpc("Control-NPC"); //Creates an object...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 5,027
Posted By maximus_asinus
Moving default functions to another key?

Basically I would like to disable the default controls so I can change how each button behaves. But I want to continue to use Graal's default systems. Is this possible?

For example I want to move...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 08-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
Without having a weapon added to another player,...

Without having a weapon added to another player, is it possible to manipulate another player who is not in the same level as me?
Forum: Graal Kingdoms 08-03-2017, 03:47 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 23,895
Posted By maximus_asinus
something you can't do with an established server...

something you can't do with an established server and community. It wouldn't be fair to new players that all the old players control the economy. And you can't reset the server, that'd drive off your...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 08-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 11,095
Posted By maximus_asinus
I heard once you reach 100,000 posts unixmad will...

I heard once you reach 100,000 posts unixmad will release flying technology.
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 08-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
thank you Dusty, that is very helpful to know.

thank you Dusty, that is very helpful to know.
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 08-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
Okay another novice question here. What is the...

Okay another novice question here. What is the difference between serverside and clientside NPCs? I assume that clientside NPCs are only run on locally and can have different behaviors for each...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-31-2017, 10:23 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
So I'm trying to think of a method to warp other...

So I'm trying to think of a method to warp other players but I can't think of anything. The closest I can come up with is using triggeraction passing on temp.list, and then doing something like:

...
Forum: Classic News 07-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 47,981
Posted By maximus_asinus
I find that I am able to keep myself motivated if...

I find that I am able to keep myself motivated if I have a defined design before I actually start working on the levels. That way I have a goal to work towards.
Forum: Classic News 07-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 47,981
Posted By maximus_asinus
I think it helps that I haven't done it in years.

I think it helps that I haven't done it in years.
Forum: Classic News 07-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 47,981
Posted By maximus_asinus
I've been having fun creating levels just for...

I've been having fun creating levels just for myself.
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-31-2017, 10:13 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
Okay so I made an attempt at scripting the same...

Okay so I made an attempt at scripting the same system in GS2 using Carlito's example as my base, but I couldn't get format to work with player.chat. Also tried to do something like this.chat =...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-31-2017, 05:26 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
Okay I'm having issues with the basics. ...

Okay I'm having issues with the basics.


function onPlayerChats() {
if (player.chat == "Hello") {
this.chat = "true";
}
}

This will only return true if player.chat is "Hello" but...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-31-2017, 02:49 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
I only used the timeout to remove the player as...

I only used the timeout to remove the player as soon as they were added to the ban list. Otherwise they could stay in the level until they left or reconnected.


Okay so I understand how the...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-31-2017, 12:44 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
Help me weed out bad practices.

So I was scripting in an online editor and was annoyed by the people popping into the level to see what I was working on. So I scripted a system to remove players froma level in the offline editor in...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,917
Posted By maximus_asinus
Thank you for coming back and clarifying, though...

Thank you for coming back and clarifying, though the confusion was mostly my fault as I misread the original script. And now I know a little more about triggers, so I'm better now for it.
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,917
Posted By maximus_asinus
I see how the class works, but I don't understand...

I see how the class works, but I don't understand what is happening in your post so bear with me.

function deposit(temp.amountToDeposit) {
}

I understand that "deposit" is a custom function....
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-30-2017, 02:24 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,917
Posted By maximus_asinus
What is the purpose of "join"?

My novice scripting skills are coming to the light.

I'm learning both GS2 and scripting with an NPC server for the first time and I see several references to the "join" command. I assume it is...
Forum: Level Design 07-29-2017, 04:23 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 392,787
Posted By maximus_asinus
You're absolutely right. I'll go back and correct...

You're absolutely right. I'll go back and correct that later.

Posting another level, not really related to what I'm working on. A fellow LAT on Graalians was having trouble making a treehouse...
Showing results 101 to 125 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.