Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 76 to 100 of 500
Search took 0.03 seconds; generated 73 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: maximus_asinus
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-28-2017, 08:31 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 5,429
Posted By maximus_asinus
Very interesting stuff happening there. I wasn't...

Very interesting stuff happening there. I wasn't aware of the trigger command. It will be useful to know for the future.

I did have trouble with the 1st and 3rd example. The 1st example wouldn't...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-28-2017, 02:26 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 5,429
Posted By maximus_asinus
Communication between a Class and DB NPC?

Goal: For this example each time a player says "debug" the database is triggered which it in turn triggers back to the class and updates every NPC that is joined to it.

So this is where I started...
Forum: Graphic Design 08-26-2017, 07:12 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 15,993
Posted By maximus_asinus
I wanted to use a semi transparent background to...

I wanted to use a semi transparent background to make signs and the inventory a little more readable but it doesn't seem like Graal supports this. Anyways I made this as a Zelda fan. Enjoy!
Forum: Graphic Design 08-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 15,993
Posted By maximus_asinus
Thank you so much. Those 4 pixels caused such a...

Thank you so much. Those 4 pixels caused such a headache.
Forum: Graphic Design 08-25-2017, 05:19 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 15,993
Posted By maximus_asinus
letters.png

I've made my own custom letters.png image for my personal use and replaced the original. It works fine except the center of the text box is still filled with the orange background from the old...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-24-2017, 04:32 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
That makes perfect sense and worked perfectly....

That makes perfect sense and worked perfectly. I've successfully synced with players in the level.

(yet another post)

What are the limitations of using level variables on a GMAP? I remember...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-23-2017, 02:07 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
I'm pretty desperate for help on this. I'm in...

I'm pretty desperate for help on this. I'm in over my head.

I'm trying to sync the blocks with everyone in the level. My first guess was to use triggerServer or triggerAction but I can get neither...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-21-2017, 04:57 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 60,231
Posted By maximus_asinus
Bow design decision.

This time I'm not looking for script help, just a question in regards to design. On G2K1 they use a custom bow NPC. Anyways to check and see if the arrows hits an NPC you have to check if the arrow...
Forum: Classic Main Forum 08-21-2017, 02:54 AM
Replies: 48
Views: 13,772
Posted By maximus_asinus
It wasn't closed for maintenance or anything like...

It wasn't closed for maintenance or anything like that so I don't imagine we'd be reset.
Forum: Classic Main Forum 08-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Replies: 48
Views: 13,772
Posted By maximus_asinus
If unixmad is to be believed it'll be reopened on...

If unixmad is to be believed it'll be reopened on the 15th of September (or thereabouts).
Forum: Bomy Island Main Forum 08-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Replies: 144
Views: 272,654
Posted By maximus_asinus
This is a note to Skyld or another capable...

This is a note to Skyld or another capable scripter who works on Bomy Moon. If you get a chance to pop in I found a bug with push and pull detection. I think it has something to do with the...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 08-19-2017, 09:17 PM
Replies: 60
Views: 23,703
Posted By maximus_asinus
You guys are forgetting about the OG handheld...

You guys are forgetting about the OG handheld with touch screen, the game.com released by Tiger Electronics in 1997. It heavily influenced the design of the DS with it's multi button input, touch...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
And you just solved in 5 minutes what would have...

And you just solved in 5 minutes what would have taken me 5 days.
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
I am not sure how I would do that. I tried...

I am not sure how I would do that. I tried something like this.level.foobar.add(this); and this.level.foobar[0] = this; expecting this.level.foobar[0] to return the object but apparently it doesn't...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-18-2017, 04:41 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
I went back and tried public function again after...

I went back and tried public function again after reading a post by fp4 and got something that ALMOST works.

CLASS A
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onActionAHPhit() { // custom sword hit detection
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-18-2017, 03:49 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
I've exhausted my theories on how to get this to...

I've exhausted my theories on how to get this to work outside of using a loop to check for a variable change (but that seems very inefficient and not at all what I want to do). Come one guys, someone...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
What is the difference between using this.ani and...

What is the difference between using this.ani and setAni()?

Also coming back to the original post, is it possible for two classes to communicate?

My example:

In the first class I have a...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
I figured that was the problem. Thanks! ...

I figured that was the problem. Thanks!

Unrelated but can you set a gani using a variable as a wildcard? Lets say I have a gani named "walk_true" and another called "walk_false".

function...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 7,751
Posted By maximus_asinus
public function help

In one class named "block" I have this script:

public function OrbSwitch() {
// actions
}


and in another class named "switch" I have this script:

function onActionAHPHit() { // custom...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 08-13-2017, 03:54 AM
Replies: 60
Views: 23,703
Posted By maximus_asinus
most of the active players don't visit the forums

most of the active players don't visit the forums
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-09-2017, 11:34 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,021
Posted By maximus_asinus
I have a hacked solution for now where the script...

I have a hacked solution for now where the script runs on a timer for the amount of time it takes to fill the area, but I hope someone can post a more elegant solution. The goal is that the user only...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-09-2017, 04:18 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,021
Posted By maximus_asinus
I created the desired fill effect, but I hit...

I created the desired fill effect, but I hit another snag. I want to break the loop when 'this.current' is equal to 'this.final', but with how the math is done 'this.current' is always going to be...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,021
Posted By maximus_asinus
I experimented with that command offline and it...

I experimented with that command offline and it works perfectly, but I am having problems getting it to work online. I talked about it briefly in my GS1 thread.

Also...

I'm using showpoly to...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 08-08-2017, 03:16 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 70,671
Posted By maximus_asinus
I'm trying to use attachplayertoobj. if...

I'm trying to use attachplayertoobj.

if (created) {
setshape 1,256,128;
}
if (playertouchsme) {
attachplayertoobj 0,id;
}

Offline that works flawlessly, but online if I touch the NPC...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,021
Posted By maximus_asinus
is it possible to change which layer the player...

is it possible to change which layer the player is on?
Showing results 76 to 100 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.