Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 451 to 475 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds; generated 82 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: ffcmike
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 07-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Replies: 1,110
Views: 1,680,893
Posted By ffcmike
I would disagree with this, we've already seen...

I would disagree with this, we've already seen Graal's management are happy enough to let a server on the Gold tab rot indefinitely. Plus who would ultimately be losing out?
Forum: Zone 07-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 15,523
Posted By ffcmike
I'm sure it's great from the perspective of...

I'm sure it's great from the perspective of someone who was involved with Shangri-La, I was more concerned with the perspective of those previously involved with Zone.
When you consider that it's...
Forum: Unholy Nation Main Forum 07-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,769
Posted By ffcmike
I was referring to the complete server wipe which...

I was referring to the complete server wipe which occurred when we began redevelopment, rather than a player reset. What I meant exactly is that all currencies/credits involved in our primary set of...
Forum: Unholy Nation Main Forum 07-28-2012, 02:56 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 2,769
Posted By ffcmike
Stefan outlines security as his main concern, yet...

Stefan outlines security as his main concern, yet regardless of whether or not that is an issue, he has apparently not provided any criteria as to what security measures he expects. Had he have done...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 07-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Replies: 1,110
Views: 1,680,893
Posted By ffcmike
I would agree that there should be greater...

I would agree that there should be greater efforts to market, advertise and promote the game, something I try to do as often as what's reasonable for a UC server via Youtube, albeit to an existing...
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 07-28-2012, 01:38 AM
Replies: 1,110
Views: 1,680,893
Posted By ffcmike
To minimise potential misunderstanding, which...

To minimise potential misunderstanding, which when you consider Stephane's approval is required, and him traditionally not being too comfortable with English, was worth a try.
Forum: Graal Main Forum (English) 07-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Replies: 1,110
Views: 1,680,893
Posted By ffcmike
So about 2 and a half weeks ago I emailed Stefan...

So about 2 and a half weeks ago I emailed Stefan + Unix for the 2nd time (first time was ignored again) a German, French and English copy of Classic's micro-transaction plans.
Incredibly, I got a...
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Replies: 35
Views: 9,406
Posted By ffcmike
Scripting isn't really a matter of "what is the...

Scripting isn't really a matter of "what is the script for ...?", it's more about "which way would I script ...?".

A simple method to kick all players would be to loop through the built-in...
Forum: Gani Construction 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,457
Posted By ffcmike
Possibly requires this in your server's folder...

Possibly requires this in your server's folder config in order for players to be able to download the file:
file ganis/*.gani
Forum: Old Scripting Engine (GS1) 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Replies: 35
Views: 9,406
Posted By ffcmike
An easier more efficient approach would be to...

An easier more efficient approach would be to create a multi-dimensional array of warp coordinates:


function onCreated(){
//x, y
this.warplocations = {
{5, 10},
{5, 20},
{5,...
Forum: Classic News 07-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 6,611
Posted By ffcmike
It's not all that uncommon, people would often...

It's not all that uncommon, people would often make a trial account for the sake of obtaining an account name of interest, which can't be done now Graal###### is in use.
Forum: Classic News 07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 6,611
Posted By ffcmike
I could add that specific check, though it still...

I could add that specific check, though it still wouldn't be ideal, and perhaps unfair on those with a non Graal###### trial account.
Forum: Future Improvements 07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,838
Posted By ffcmike
The community name method did occur to me...

The community name method did occur to me already, but I do not believe it is 100% reliable. If a non lifetime Classic account created prior to Graal###### accounts were to upgrade, and then...
Forum: Future Improvements 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,838
Posted By ffcmike
Determine if account has upgraded before?

I'm not sure if there's already a 100% reliable method for this, but if not then I'd like a way to determine if a trial account has been upgraded before, as I believe they shouldn't be restricted...
Forum: Classic News 07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 6,611
Posted By ffcmike
Poll Booth Restored

While there is one more studio event in the pipeline, efforts are also being designated towards inside filling, details and refining in preparation for Classic going live.

One such notable...
Forum: Zone 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Replies: 50
Views: 15,523
Posted By ffcmike
Project not being released when said to be...

Project not being released when said to be complete by Graal management horror.

Also the screenshots I saw were of Shangri-La's tileset, so I'm not sure what it has to do with Zone exactly.
Forum: Your opinion 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Replies: 52
Views: 49,849
Posted By ffcmike
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/93/pk42rhrzj0c9...

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/93/pk42rhrzj0c9hevynqjnbw2.jpg
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
This was true for quite a while, but now the...

This was true for quite a while, but now the server was moved to Dallas just 5 days ago.
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
One of the advantages of having custom systems in...

One of the advantages of having custom systems in the first place is that it enables you to make improvements. If you're going to go by being completely 1:1 then the same argument could be made for...
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
While it may not be an exact match, the...

While it may not be an exact match, the difference is negligible, and avoids the erratic behaviour I described:
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
So I just threw some things together on a default...

So I just threw some things together on a default server and simplified them for the sake of conducting a test:


//#CLIENTSIDE

function onPlayerEnters(){
this.initClone();
...
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
So any idea what that difference might be? ...

So any idea what that difference might be?

One point I've been emphasising is that unless someone provides a potentially measurable explanation of what they believe is different, then it really...
Forum: Playerworld Staff Openings 07-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,765
Posted By ffcmike
And Graal is filled with successful new servers...

And Graal is filled with successful new servers which stole ideas from elsewhere.
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
It's a good idea and all, the problem is default...

It's a good idea and all, the problem is default cannot be used on Classic as a result of a special server option used by GK and Zone which only Stefan can set, and un-setting it wouldn't be wise. So...
Forum: Classic Bugs and suggestions 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Replies: 63
Views: 76,562
Posted By ffcmike
It's exactly what Default does: So...

It's exactly what Default does:



So there is no reason to believe that would be the problem. Sprites were the predecessor to ganis.


So in what way are they off?
Showing results 451 to 475 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.