Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 426 to 450 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 69 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: DustyPorViva
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I'm very close to getting something "playable"...

I'm very close to getting something "playable" but I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to fix.

Here's what my rendered looked like:
http://i.imgur.com/rHj5O.png

Okay, but see that...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Huge breakthrough : D I had a great idea,...

Huge breakthrough : D

I had a great idea, and I was able to pull it off. Before, I was rendering each tile to a polygon. Before that, people were mimicking pixel buffers with showimg's, rendering...
Forum: Your opinion 05-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Replies: 60
Views: 75,879
Posted By DustyPorViva
This entire ****ing thread shows that you do...

This entire ****ing thread shows that you do care. Don't sit and try to act all nonchalant about rep, like you're "better than that" in a thread entirely dedicated to you *****ing about the negative...
Forum: Level Design 05-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Replies: 30
Views: 5,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
Should always learn regardless because bad habits...

Should always learn regardless because bad habits die hard. Even if you only work offline eventually if you get into online development you'll have to spend more effort trying to get past those...
Forum: Level Design 05-14-2012, 05:05 AM
Replies: 30
Views: 5,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
Level editors really need to learn how addtiledef...

Level editors really need to learn how addtiledef ACTUALLY works. The second parameter is for the level prefix. It will apply the tiledef to any level that starts with the string you provide.

So:...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Most likely no because pics1 is already in...

Most likely no because pics1 is already in memory. Rendering the entirety of pics1.png onto the polygon as opposed to an individual tile yields no difference in framerate. The only thing that can...
Forum: Your opinion 05-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Replies: 60
Views: 75,879
Posted By DustyPorViva
I guess you haven't connected the dots. The more...

I guess you haven't connected the dots. The more you ***** about neg reps, the more neg reps come your way. But you don't connect the dots and you ***** even more and even more neg rep comes at you....
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Some progress, but it's just trial and error. Me...

Some progress, but it's just trial and error. Me tweaking numbers over and over. Fun stuff though.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNCnu.png

I'm hoping IF I get anywhere, I can optimize it to only need to...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-13-2012, 04:30 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I had intended to do my own projection, yes. Each...

I had intended to do my own projection, yes. Each tile is a polygon, so I'm hoping by scaling each tile to its own polygon I can alleviate some of that horrible normal issues with the textures that...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Update. Thought I'd check out the drawingpanel...

Update. Thought I'd check out the drawingpanel render times. Just to render a screen on each tick. It's abysmally slow. Even rendering a very small resolution like the SNES results in a framerate of...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Project Mode7

'ello! I thought I'd try my hand(again) at attempting Mode7 in Graal. For those unaware, mode7 was graphical mode embedded in the hardware of the SNES that emulated 3D projection. Obvious examples...
Forum: N-Pulse News 05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Replies: 38
Views: 9,447
Posted By DustyPorViva
I think Mhyre = Soala. I'm not sure though.

I think Mhyre = Soala. I'm not sure though.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,522
Posted By DustyPorViva
Am I the only one who remembers that Unixmad used...

Am I the only one who remembers that Unixmad used to go to gaming conventions and rent out booths to promote Graal? ROFL.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,522
Posted By DustyPorViva
Honestly iClassic just turned into a poor-man's...

Honestly iClassic just turned into a poor-man's 2k1. It's working off the same fundamentals so 2k1 would have made more sense to release over Classic. However originally because of the strict...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 2,522
Posted By DustyPorViva
If they really wanted money, then the better...

If they really wanted money, then the better question to ask is:

http://t.qkme.me/35x3zp.jpg
Forum: Graphic Design 05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Replies: 547
Sticky: Free tiles
Views: 1,061,379
Posted By DustyPorViva
Well I had no intention of using them :P ...

Well I had no intention of using them :P
http://i.imgur.com/1955G.png
Forum: Graphic Design 05-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,900
Posted By DustyPorViva
Just for the hell of it: ...

Just for the hell of it:
http://i.imgur.com/1955G.png
Forum: Graphic Design 05-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,900
Posted By DustyPorViva
http://i.imgur.com/bDPM2.png

http://i.imgur.com/bDPM2.png
Forum: Graphic Design 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,900
Posted By DustyPorViva
Well completely redid it and tried to capture the...

Well completely redid it and tried to capture the glossy, simpler look of my LttP version:
http://i.imgur.com/iKQ8s.png
Forum: NPC Scripting 04-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 9,802
Posted By DustyPorViva
Even my own Classic server ended up being me...

Even my own Classic server ended up being me redoing everything from scratch. Originally I wanted to use default but as I developed the server it quickly ended up with my realizing that it's just too...
Forum: NPC Scripting 04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 9,802
Posted By DustyPorViva
I find it's because Graal itself is extremely...

I find it's because Graal itself is extremely limited, and you get no help from anyone who could change that. And it's not flexible either, which is another issue. Working with default means working...
Forum: Your opinion 04-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Replies: 80
Views: 87,547
Posted By DustyPorViva
I get a really annoying fps-related issue with v6...

I get a really annoying fps-related issue with v6 which feels like it's dropping a single frame every second or so. Definitely not anything that breaks it, but fairly annoying to play and not feel...
Forum: Your opinion 04-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Replies: 80
Views: 87,547
Posted By DustyPorViva
Typically any other high-end game will tax all...

Typically any other high-end game will tax all the specs of a computer. So ya, if other games all run fine(including v5) except v6 then it's safe to assume that maybe v6 is the culprit. It's not like...
Forum: Your opinion 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Replies: 80
Views: 87,547
Posted By DustyPorViva
I think he means it's not a problem on his end....

I think he means it's not a problem on his end. Which it still kind of is... but more importantly it means it's v6's problem.
Forum: Graphic Design 04-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 3,900
Posted By DustyPorViva
A pics1 made of nightmares

So I had a great idea. Take the method I used to upscale my LttP tree and do it to the pics1 tree!
http://i.imgur.com/Snali.gif
Well it didn't go as well as I had thought... I guess I forgot the...
Showing results 426 to 450 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.