Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 401 to 425 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 69 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: DustyPorViva
Forum: N-Pulse News 05-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 8,723
Posted By DustyPorViva
I'd rather see pics1 used over some horrible...

I'd rather see pics1 used over some horrible pics1 recolor/shitty edit(which tends to be the case). "Oh look, I took pics1, darkened it, upped the contrast and slapped a horrible spray-tool grass...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 7,915
Posted By DustyPorViva
Welcome to the internet, where **** happens.

Welcome to the internet, where **** happens.
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Replies: 55
Views: 7,915
Posted By DustyPorViva
Disable php format from being used as an image?

Disable php format from being used as an image?
Forum: N-Pulse News 05-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 8,723
Posted By DustyPorViva
If only it matched the cliff palette. ...

If only it matched the cliff palette.

(hint: change it to match the cliff palette)
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 7,834
Posted By DustyPorViva
Ya sorry I meant g2k2 lol.

Ya sorry I meant g2k2 lol.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Tiles? No. But NPCs will be rendered onto the...

Tiles? No. But NPCs will be rendered onto the level to supplement that void.



Aye, there's probably a lot more tweaking that can be done, but getting past that gmap hump was my focus for now.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Managed to get this much done just before bed....

Managed to get this much done just before bed. Finally implemented rendering gmaps. It's still a bit buggy(some levels seem to not be rendering, some divide by 0 issues with some polygons), but I'm...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 7,834
Posted By DustyPorViva
@Crono dat original 2k1 image. That **** was...

@Crono dat original 2k1 image. That **** was awesome. Back when the concept of having not only D but also S being able to swap items was mind-blowing.

Let's get some bravo evolved in here while...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I misunderstood, but no I don't think you can...

I misunderstood, but no I don't think you can mess with UV coordinates.

As for the quality, aye I have considered having near polygons larger, but that would involve a lot of core rework. Also,...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I don't think you can. Regardless, this is what...

I don't think you can. Regardless, this is what it looks like when you apply an image to a skewed polygon:

http://i.imgur.com/9g8Ym.png

The issue was brought up with Stefan a long time ago, but...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Because you can only apply one texture to a...

Because you can only apply one texture to a polygon, and you'd need the have the Y scale of the image vertically get smaller towards the horizon. At least, that's how I figure. Either way Graal...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
You can, yes, however Graal doesn't map textures...

You can, yes, however Graal doesn't map textures correctly. It will break on the diagonal seam(which is also what is causing the distortion with current rendering). That's why I had to resort to...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
My mistake, it was disabling everything other...

My mistake, it was disabling everything other than the polygons. I ran a 64*64 loop and only displayed polygons, with nothing else going on in the loop, and that's what caused the massive slowdown....
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I was curious and checked it out before. Simply...

I was curious and checked it out before. Simply running the loop at 64*64 with no math or rendering drops the fps down to about 8. Then the math/rendering drops it down to 3.

I was thinking about...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I cranked up the quality to 1 polygon per tile...

I cranked up the quality to 1 polygon per tile simply to make it look nice :) Here's at 16 tiles per polygon:
http://i.imgur.com/y2sdr.png
There's more distortion because of the extreme angle, but...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I was having a bit of trouble messing around with...

I was having a bit of trouble messing around with PFA's version, since it's not something I wrote up so I was fairly unfamiliar with it, and decided to revisit my own to see where I get.

I'm...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
"Chances are in final play the scene won't be...

"Chances are in final play the scene won't be that zoomed in on the terrain, though."
http://i.imgur.com/jpojQ.png
Actual racing levels will probably be gmaps, alleviating this issue moreso.
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Reflections are all real-time. Intensive? Not...

Reflections are all real-time. Intensive? Not really, running fine on my computer(20fps). Quality can be adjusted, lowering the quality will create distortion in the textures, but still mostly...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
PFA did all of the new 3D scripting, he gets the...

PFA did all of the new 3D scripting, he gets the credit :)

And the reflections are all scripted ;)
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
PFA went ahead and completely rescripted it into...

PFA went ahead and completely rescripted it into a PROPER 3D projection mode... and it is awesome :)

I'm still tweaking what he has, but so far it looks great! Ignore the temporary Mario...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
PFA(Tolnaftate2004 up there) is taking a stab at...

PFA(Tolnaftate2004 up there) is taking a stab at the maths now. I trust his skills so I can't wait! In the mean time I will be having at the graphical side, doing some graphics, working no the...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-16-2012, 03:11 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Me? Probably not. I intend to do a little...

Me? Probably not. I intend to do a little kart-game with it but that's it. But I will release the script(hence the need for it to be user-friendly) and what others do with it is up to them. You could...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Also, future mockup! ...

Also, future mockup!
http://i.imgur.com/eKHiZ.png

This sort of effect would be insanely easy to pull off. Basically I'd take water(in this case from pics1) and give it a semi-transparent...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
Well I feel I'm crippling the potential of this...

Well I feel I'm crippling the potential of this by doing it on my own. I'm not that great at math and I have absolutely no experience with 3D projection. This is my first attempt and I don't feel...
Forum: NPC Scripting 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Replies: 89
Views: 31,556
Posted By DustyPorViva
I sorted out the distance issue, and here it is...

I sorted out the distance issue, and here it is running at 20fps(a few frames lost while recording):
j4LoOvdoaKg
But I have yet to try it in a real "racing" level and I need to add gmap support...
Showing results 401 to 425 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.