Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 351 to 375 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 69 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: DustyPorViva
Forum: Your opinion 06-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Replies: 52
Views: 49,855
Posted By DustyPorViva
There is a layer of confusion when it's actually...

There is a layer of confusion when it's actually your Graal account being used, but you still have to register an account/password/email. This is not normal for registering on forums. Though I...
Forum: Your opinion 06-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Replies: 52
Views: 49,855
Posted By DustyPorViva
Development forums are slow, but stagnant...

Development forums are slow, but stagnant moderation isn't helping. Believe it or not, good moderators that are active within the section are quite motivating for users.
Forum: Bug Report 06-18-2012, 01:39 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 71,844
Posted By DustyPorViva
In-client bug-tracker could be cool. Let players...

In-client bug-tracker could be cool. Let players submit bugs, other players can vote if they have the same problem, sort by votes. Let players comment, let staff(like login staff, globals) manage...
Forum: Your opinion 06-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Replies: 52
Views: 49,855
Posted By DustyPorViva
Oh ya, graphic forums definitely don't need any...

Oh ya, graphic forums definitely don't need any type of moderation. :rolleyes:
Forum: Code Gallery 06-17-2012, 03:49 AM
Replies: 61
Views: 27,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
Teachers don't just sit down and teach a kid...

Teachers don't just sit down and teach a kid Calculus. The fact that you're not even grasping this is a little worrying.
Forum: Code Gallery 06-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Replies: 61
Views: 27,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
That is NOT what teachers do. Sorry.

That is NOT what teachers do. Sorry.
Forum: Code Gallery 06-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Replies: 61
Views: 27,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
It doesn't matter how amazing and helpful a...

It doesn't matter how amazing and helpful a person is, if they try to sit down and teach me Calculus and I don't have a fundamental understanding of math, they're not going to get anywhere and...
Forum: Code Gallery 06-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Replies: 61
Views: 27,180
Posted By DustyPorViva
It's not like these are plugins or mods. If you...

It's not like these are plugins or mods. If you want to use snippets/samples from the code gallery then you at least need to know some basic gscript. You're handling scripts, therefor it's implied...
Forum: Birthday Forum 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Replies: 22
Views: 2,114
Posted By DustyPorViva
Thanks guys : D

Thanks guys : D
Forum: Graal Kingdoms 06-10-2012, 06:08 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 3,646
Posted By DustyPorViva
Ya, honestly players the best thing you can do to...

Ya, honestly players the best thing you can do to make sure you're not a casualty is to not log on to any servers if you know they're having issues. Logging on means data is going to be attempted to...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 10,553
Posted By DustyPorViva
You may also be interested in making this a bit...

You may also be interested in making this a bit more flexible using arrays.
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
// Create an array with a value for each message desired
this.messages = {
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,173
Posted By DustyPorViva
I didn't just base what I said off of this...

I didn't just base what I said off of this thread. Hell, the very same distance formula was explained just a few threads down just for him:
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 4,173
Posted By DustyPorViva
Then maybe you need to start reevaluating your...

Then maybe you need to start reevaluating your scripting projects?
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,024
Posted By DustyPorViva
You need to start applying a little logic and...

You need to start applying a little logic and problem solving.

What can you do to store information? What can you do to check the status of said stored information before proceeding to do other...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,024
Posted By DustyPorViva
I think something like this would be a more...

I think something like this would be a more appropriate way to check for collisions, albeit there's more calculation going on:


for (temp.p: players) {

// Determine width/height of player
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-05-2012, 05:04 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,024
Posted By DustyPorViva
function onPlayerTouchesMe() { this.chat = "I...

function onPlayerTouchesMe() {
this.chat = "I need an adult, I need an adult!";
}

But no, Cal, that wouldn't work because when you use 'with' the reference to this. changes to the NPC being...
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 6,024
Posted By DustyPorViva
Graal really needs an onCollide() function.

Graal really needs an onCollide() function.
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,159
Posted By DustyPorViva
Use an image index >200 in this case.

Use an image index >200 in this case.
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 4,133
Posted By DustyPorViva
On top of this, it DOES matter in many...

On top of this, it DOES matter in many languages(like Java) which you may eventually find yourself moving on to after Graal/GS2.

Habits die hard, may as well crush them early.
Forum: NPC Scripting 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Replies: 28
Views: 8,083
Posted By DustyPorViva
http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/369/36847...

http://media.desura.com/images/members/1/369/368475/media_httpwwwgifninja_Clwwb.gif
Forum: Bug Report 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 14,194
Posted By DustyPorViva
Shadows seem to be using a different rendering...

Shadows seem to be using a different rendering placement method than the NPCs themselves, maybe related to Z functionality?
Forum: Your opinion 06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 23,332
Posted By DustyPorViva
I'd probably participate, if it's not a poor...

I'd probably participate, if it's not a poor theme.
Forum: Level Design 06-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 11,495
Posted By DustyPorViva
So this is an unpractical level? Still cool, but...

So this is an unpractical level? Still cool, but it's been a while since I've played with tile layers.

I wish that Stefan would either just make tile layer 0 definitions used(that way we could...
Forum: PlayerWorlds Main Forum 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 4,772
Posted By DustyPorViva
I imagine the Facebook server was an attempt to...

I imagine the Facebook server was an attempt to cash in on that Farmville playerbase ;)
Forum: Gani Construction 05-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 6,366
Posted By DustyPorViva
Hmm, gotta say I think this would be better off...

Hmm, gotta say I think this would be better off in the graphics section. Gani makers wouldn't benefit much from this as much as people who make heads/bodies and such.
Showing results 351 to 375 of 500

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.