Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 251 to 275 of 499
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 42 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Tolnaftate2004
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
It seems many of us disagree with that idea.

It seems many of us disagree with that idea.
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
thisor.var = thisr.var; or thisr.var =...

thisor.var = thisr.var; or thisr.var = thisor.var; in a with block would be circumventing it.

e: I think you may have misunderstood Stefan, too....
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
This circumvents the privacy. im in ur scope...

This circumvents the privacy.

im in ur scope accezzin ur private variablez.
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,609
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
temp variables still take up memory, it's just...

temp variables still take up memory, it's just stored on the stack versus the heap. Variables defined with no prefix are global, they act now as they did in GS1 for backwards compatibility.
Forum: Code Gallery 01-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 9,300
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
No, there never existed anything called...

No, there never existed anything called showimg(); in GS1; showimg; was retained for backwards compatibility.

No, these two functions return the same thing. You can't say one is more OO than the...
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
My solution was similar to some method in...

My solution was similar to some method in actionscript (I'd guess addmember). You provide the variable's name and the names of the get/set functions.

function someclass() {
temp.var =...
Forum: Code Gallery 01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 9,300
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
This is an awful way to think of it. showimg() is...

This is an awful way to think of it. showimg() is decidedly a function with a return value; it was not so in GS1.

It seems superfluous to me to use the with-findimg construct for (essentially)...
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Right now, one could make member functions...

Right now, one could make member functions "protected/private" with some clever thinking and the right code. Variables are a different case.
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Data hiding, encapsulation. @ cbkbud... My...

Data hiding, encapsulation.

@ cbkbud... My plane home was delayed; I had nothing better to do. :p
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Replies: 32
Views: 5,814
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
C/C++ struct functionality can be replicated. ...

C/C++ struct functionality can be replicated.
function somestruct() {
temp.var = new TStaticVar();
with (temp.var) {
// definitions
}
return temp.var;
}
A = somestruct();
vs.
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
You want the hash algorithm? I'm thinking a hash...

You want the hash algorithm? I'm thinking a hash table of about 30^26 elements would do the job. :P
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
For words longer than 9 unique letters this is...

For words longer than 9 unique letters this is "eh, it's 'okay'."

In a perfect world, we could have a dictionary in a sort of hash table:
function anagrams( word )
sort letters in word;
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Well is this dictionary stored by my choice of...

Well is this dictionary stored by my choice of method?
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-15-2008, 06:10 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Are we given said dictionary? edit: ...

Are we given said dictionary?

edit:
function arrange(letters,first) {
temp.len = letters.length();
if (first == 0) first = "";
if (temp.len > 1) {
temp.returns.clear();
...
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
The length of the word passed.

The length of the word passed.
Forum: NPC Scripting 01-15-2008, 04:02 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 24,668
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
With any luck, we should be able to get O(N!)...

With any luck, we should be able to get O(N!) [for single-word anagrams], or so, I'm thinking.

edit: Recursion can be used to get the arrangements, working on that...
Forum: Code Gallery 01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 9,986
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
I tried your latest: echo(cParseLine("The...

I tried your latest:

echo(cParseLine("The fourth root of 81 is <sqrt><sqrt>81</sqrt></sqrt>."));
The fourth root of 81 is </sqrt>.

this.test = 9;
echo(cParseLine("The square root of...
Forum: Code Gallery 01-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Replies: 31
Views: 9,986
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Thank you. I assume you mean the XML one, which...

Thank you. I assume you mean the XML one, which I've updated to look more C++-like.
Forum: NPC Scripting 12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,151
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Can't see why it would matter.

Can't see why it would matter.
Forum: NPC Scripting 12-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Replies: 50
Views: 6,210
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
I hope you mean "+".

I hope you mean "+".
Forum: NPC Scripting 12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Replies: 20
Views: 4,232
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
They only go by half layers. I think 2.3 is being...

They only go by half layers. I think 2.3 is being rounded to 2.5.
Forum: NPC Scripting 12-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,372
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Use "@font@style@text" as your text.

Use "@font@style@text" as your text.
Forum: NPC Scripting 12-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Replies: 51
Views: 49,272
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
Yeah, the negated temp.b seemed better anyhow....

Yeah, the negated temp.b seemed better anyhow. :blush:
Forum: NPC Scripting 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Replies: 51
Views: 49,272
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
I just meant that the big O notation that Hell...

I just meant that the big O notation that Hell and I have been using is not required in your post (nor is my flashy combinatorics), its just helpful for those who know it.

But if I get you mad...
Forum: NPC Scripting 11-30-2007, 06:57 AM
Replies: 51
Views: 49,272
Posted By Tolnaftate2004
This thread is not about math (well sorta, but...

This thread is not about math (well sorta, but we're not expecting a whole lot from you). :)
Showing results 251 to 275 of 499

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.