Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Search Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Showing results 251 to 271 of 271
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 38 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Hezzy002
Forum: Era Main Forum 08-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Replies: 37
Views: 4,125
Posted By Hezzy002
You can entirely fix "eating bullets" and...

You can entirely fix "eating bullets" and completely synchronize the bullets by adding a time value to the bullet creation packet, and moving the projectile ahead based on what point in time it was...
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,738
Posted By Hezzy002
I prefer V6 for a lot of reasons. It's a huge...

I prefer V6 for a lot of reasons. It's a huge improvement over V5.



What's that supposed to mean?
Forum: NPC Scripting 08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,075
Posted By Hezzy002
He's only giving you an example of what a system...

He's only giving you an example of what a system NPC could be.

He's suggesting that you check if the player has a system NPC to see if the player needs to be reset or not.
Forum: Era Main Forum 07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Replies: 37
Views: 4,125
Posted By Hezzy002
On a default Graal server with a level 3 shield,...

On a default Graal server with a level 3 shield, with a player having 100 MS of lag, a player will appear about 1.2 tiles behind where he actually is when hit detection comes into play. On Era, where...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
The synchronization process is ridiculously...

The synchronization process is ridiculously negligible in my eyes, unless GS2 has the most hilariously slow VM I've ever seen, and I'm not sure but the limit is probably imposed for technical...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
Yeah mate, I know you can do that, but this is my...

Yeah mate, I know you can do that, but this is my way of doing it and you still haven't told me any consequences for using my system. I'm interested in those severe consequences that are bothering...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-28-2011, 03:52 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
There are no "consequences", though.. The server...

There are no "consequences", though.. The server is experiencing no more strain than if you were to use attrs, they're handled in exactly the same way, just natively in <insert language Graal's...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
It's for convenience, just like ATTR's are. A...

It's for convenience, just like ATTR's are. A caching system for the client to have data available about other clients for whenever it's needed, instead of having to wait for the server to respond....
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
That's true, I hadn't thought about that case....

That's true, I hadn't thought about that case. I'll modify it, then. I don't see any problem with the triggers, it's no different than sending a packet, isn't it?
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
I'm fixing a poor design choice that affects the...

I'm fixing a poor design choice that affects the end-user experience, that's all. I don't particularly need more than 223 characters of data in an attr, but having attributes stored in an array and...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
In my testing I couldn't get attrs to display...

In my testing I couldn't get attrs to display more than 223 characters if I tried to access it from the clientside portion of a script on another player, maybe it was just the way I tested it or...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Replies: 23
Views: 5,530
Posted By Hezzy002
Better ATTR's

After finding out that there was a 223 character limit on attributes, and a limited amount of them available for use, I decided to write my own system for handling cross-client communications in the...
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 5,886
Posted By Hezzy002
Sounds perfectly ideal, thanks for the suggestion...

Sounds perfectly ideal, thanks for the suggestion mate.
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-27-2011, 03:07 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 5,886
Posted By Hezzy002
temp.lastFocus = GraalControl; for (c :...

temp.lastFocus = GraalControl;
for (c : GraalControl.controls) {
if (c.isFirstResponder()) {
temp.lastFocus = c;
break;
}
}

//Create GUIControl
Forum: Playerworld Staff Openings 07-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,770
Posted By Hezzy002
Eh, find any server on Graal from the past four...

Eh, find any server on Graal from the past four years (that isn't running on a new platform) that hasn't failed. Why not work here?
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 5,886
Posted By Hezzy002
"Safe", non-focus stealing GUIControls?

I've been using this to ensure that a GUIControl will never steal key input, but it still does?

profile.cankeyfocus = false;

I still need to be able to interact with it through mouse input, and...
Forum: Future Improvements 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,389
Posted By Hezzy002
For a one-pixel (or even two, if you don't mind...

For a one-pixel (or even two, if you don't mind the small artifact on the corners) sized outline, four would suffice. Anything more than one pixel usually looks like ass (in my opinion) anyway. Could...
Forum: Playerworld Staff Openings 07-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 3,770
Posted By Hezzy002
I'd be more active if I didn't have projects...

I'd be more active if I didn't have projects outside of Graal, but I'll try to work a bit more. Granted, most of the things I've been working on haven't really been so tangible anyway, mostly backend...
Forum: Future Improvements 07-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Replies: 19
Views: 2,389
Posted By Hezzy002
for (i=0;i<4;i++) { //Create child text...

for (i=0;i<4;i++) {
//Create child text controls at vecx(i), vecy(i) with the desired outline color.
}


Probably the best you'll be able to get for a long time.
Forum: NPC Scripting 07-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,524
Posted By Hezzy002
You can host a PHP server using the GD library or...

You can host a PHP server using the GD library or something, send the image to the server, modify it, and download the modified image back to the server (or at least the client, I can't remember if...
Forum: Code Gallery 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 3,528
Posted By Hezzy002
Coming soon to iPhone playerhouses, guaranteed.

Coming soon to iPhone playerhouses, guaranteed.
Showing results 251 to 271 of 271

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.