Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Scripting (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Issue with NPC sync distance? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268659)

Cubical 08-23-2013 09:37 PM

Issue with NPC sync distance?
 
I'm having a strange issue where if I log on in a level all NPCs act fine but if I login on a different level and then walk over to some NPCs they aren't visible until very close. I've included a video below. Does anyone know the root cause of this? It only seems to happen to certain ones while others are always fine.

edit: ignore the music, i didn't know it would add it.


MattKan 08-23-2013 10:26 PM

Sounds like something with this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Light (Post 1721465)
Check this in your server options

PHP Code:

 syncdistancex=number
 syncdistancey
=number
 syncbydistanceinside
=true/false

Define the radius 
(in tiles) at which players are synced to the screen. 
This is used for GMAPs to reduce players from being drawn outside of 
the specified radius
. By default, it is being drawn at 192x192. 

Source : Server Options - Wiki


Cubical 08-23-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1721961)
Sounds like something with this:

It's NPCs not players and it's only effecting certain NPCs.

MattKan 08-25-2013 01:09 AM

Sorry, the real issue is that the NPCs had a mental breakdown. In a year they will be back (though perhaps only for a week) and will work again.

Tim_Rocks 08-27-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1721963)
It's NPCs not players and it's only effecting certain NPCs.

I'm guessing you're using showimg("img.png");? I've noticed graphics don't always display until you get close enough to them.

Cubical 08-28-2013 01:30 AM

I figured out what it was but I forgot to post the resolution.If you place a NPC in a level with coordinates being equal to or greater than 64 within a level on a gmap it causes it.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright (C) 1998-2019 Toonslab All Rights Reserved.