Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal Free To Play on Facebook and Android (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262480)

MattKan 03-21-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimmeh (Post 1637894)
Hm, am I the only one who is kind of underwhelmed by the quality of updates from Unixmad? I feel like Eurocenter could at least use proper grammar.
No offense Unixmad, but Stefan seems to manage...

Since there are multiple "news", the first thread, well, it can be argued that it is actually correct.

Skyld 03-21-2011 02:32 AM

Quote:

Hm, am I the only one who is kind of underwhelmed by the quality of updates from Unixmad? I feel like Eurocenter could at least use proper grammar.

The point of this thread is not to compare how people speak English; it is to announce new releases, so please stay on topic. :)

Unkownsoldier 03-21-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaDaFack (Post 1637912)
Somewhat off-topic but,
I find it strange that a lower quality game developed by one man - minecraft have 10,000x the amount of players Graal does.

Minecraft is so popular because it is endless, customizable to your desire, and easy. In Graal you have to pay for the size of your server (I believe). Customizing your map, takes skills that no beginner would have. Lets face it, Graal is more of a social game than it is anything else. If you want to talk just go on AIM imo.

kia345 03-21-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier (Post 1637916)
Minecraft is so popular because it is endless

No one needs an endless canvas
Quote:

customizable to your desire, and easy
No it's not. Minecraft is popular because it's such a simple concept. Building with LEGOs. It can be as hard or easy as you like, and anyone can pick it up and create something great with it, but there's no ceiling and no one will ever "master it" because you can always build more. There is no way you can compare the formula to Graal's, that's like comparing it to an FPS on Xbox Live and then saying "BUT GRAAL DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY PLAYERS BECAUSE something dumb".

And to WaDa, Minecraft's menu screen is a lot more high quality than all of Graal's "official" content and a lot of player made content.

FrootyTooty 03-21-2011 03:40 AM

Looking foward to playing it.

MrOmega 03-21-2011 03:44 AM

Tad off-topic but relates to mobile and such and is quite a long shot, but is there any plans for a Blackberry based Graal?

Crono1508 03-21-2011 03:47 AM

This just seems like a huge kick in the face to Graal PC client version. I've already played iPhone App version, and its not even comparable to the original Graal...

I don't like this change... I think PC Graal is finally going down the drain after this one.

Theodor 03-21-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono1508 (Post 1637928)
This just seems like a huge kick in the face to Graal PC client version. I've already played iPhone App version, and its not even comparable to the original Graal...

I don't like this change... I think PC Graal is finally going down the drain after this one.

i think it's gonna be quite the other way around: the graal community will grow extremely, and alot of ppl will be trying out graal PC.

kia345 03-21-2011 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theodor (Post 1637931)
i think it's gonna be quite the other way around: the graal community will grow extremely, and alot of ppl will be trying out graal PC.

How many competent developers and long term players are going to be enticed by a facebook app? Sure, it'll grow, but will it grow in desirable areas?

unixmad 03-21-2011 04:39 AM

Making announcement with bad grammar is part of the Graal tradition, isn't it? But feel free to correct me ;)

Quote:

DustyPorViva 03-21-2011 04:41 AM

So ya, dev tools... can you elaborate? Is the level editor finally getting an update or is there just a new scripted level editor?

MattKan 03-21-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1637933)
How many competent developers and long term players are going to be enticed by a facebook app? Sure, it'll grow, but will it grow in desirable areas?

Half the world plays farmville.

Fulg0reSama 03-21-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1637892)
New devs tools intrigues me A LOT. However, are they scripted in Graal or are they external like the old development tools?

I'm curious to this as well.

Googi 03-21-2011 05:26 AM

Will the web-based client only be available on Facebook? Or will people who aren't Facebook users be able to use it as well?

kia345 03-21-2011 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1637943)
Half the world plays farmville.

If that a good thing for the part of Graal that isn't profiting off of them?