Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Debate: Should N-Pulse Remain on the Classic Tab? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134259977)

maximus_asinus 07-28-2010 01:54 PM

Debate: Should N-Pulse Remain on the Classic Tab?

Honestly I am confused as to why the PWA have allowed N-Pulse to stay on the Classic tab for this long.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus
N-Pulse should not be on the server list and should be removed until it is actually playable. If it can't get up to that standard it shouldn't return, simple as that. Currently you can't even walk around the main map without it breaking, and players should not be exposed that.

In its current state the server is unplayable. I agree with Rufus, players should not be exposed to stuff like this.

The server has canceled plans on their revival project, Rebirth. Now they're planning to recover an old server backup and rebuild from there. I hardly see how that is fair to other UC servers. They have to build a server on their own dime and get to a point far beyond what N-Pulse is currently at to even reach the Hosted tab, let alone Classic.

I wonder what everyone else thinks. Should N-Pulse be removed from the Classic tab and placed UC? Does it deserve to be where it is now?

Mark Sir Link 07-28-2010 02:06 PM

With Unholy Nation down, I got a chance to go explore N-Pulse and Zodiac again and it seems like one of my previous threads was ignored. If any efforts were made by these two servers to fix these problems, it either wasn't enough or is hidden.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=86404

EDIT:
Wow, was that really over a year ago?

xXziroXx 07-28-2010 02:22 PM

Last time I logged on N-Pulse, I enjoyed exploring the overworld quite a lot. That was before I entered a level that started randomly warping me somewhere else, changing tileset 24/7 (which by the way Zodiac should really fix as well) and generally not having much of anything to do.

I don't think the current N-Pulse meets the Classic requirements.

cbk1994 07-28-2010 02:22 PM

I think it would be much more useful to offer N-Pulse an ultimatum to stay on the tab rather than taking them off immediately. Set out certain requirements for them to remain on the classic tab, such as requiring them to state their plans for NP and their plans for differentiating themselves from UN, and then hold them to a development schedule. If they still do nothing, take them off the tab.

TSAdmin 07-28-2010 02:27 PM

I've brought up N-Pulse in the Global Forum a couple of times. The thing that kept Bell on their side though was the fact Rebirth was apparently "coming along nicely" so it was left at that. With the recent news on Rebirth's production, I figure it's a matter of awaiting Bell's next response on the topic of N-Pulse.

kia345 07-28-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1589962)
The thing that kept Bell on their side though was the fact Rebirth was apparently "coming along nicely" so it was left at that.

So where's Delteria? Their dev server has always been beautiful

fowlplay4 07-28-2010 03:02 PM

itt: Posts not getting deleted by SlikRick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1589959)
changing tileset 24/7 (which by the way Zodiac should really fix as well)

Did like a month or two ago.

TheRuckus 07-28-2010 03:14 PM

no delete it.

TSAdmin 07-28-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1589966)
So where's Delteria? Their dev server has always been beautiful

To be sure, but there was continually the problem of nobody around to do anything. Looking at the review thread in the Global Forums, the problem was that there was concern Misconception had albeit disappeared which turned out to be true. Misconception had been e-mailed by Bell that MysticalDragon had taken over Dev (Which, since it was on Misconceptions server, was totally up to him to do whatever with) and Riot was put in charge of the main server.

The ultimatum was that if nothing was done about main, they'd be sent to UC until such time as they could pull their weight. A month went by and nothing had happened - Xor moved them to UC as per the agreement. This was almost a year ago and I've yet to hear anything changing.

Slightly off topic as that may be, I can see where you're coming from and it is unlikely the cessation of development of Rebirth will aid in N-Pulses Classic-list survival; However, that is yet to even be discussed within the PWA as this has only recently unfolded. That said, I don't make any promise of N-Pulses removal or continued presence where it is.

kia345 07-28-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1589975)
The ultimatum was that if nothing was done about main, they'd be sent to UC until such time as they could pull their weight

You mean like the rehosting of DST/T, the line up of active/semi-active ETs, the reworking of quests to be made more easily accessible to new players, the minor NPC releases, and updating various events to work with the switch to GS2 to give people a bit to play with while waiting for the dev server?

Because I distinctly remember those things.

Cloven 07-28-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1589975)
To be sure, but there was continually the problem of nobody around to do anything. Looking at the review thread in the Global Forums, the problem was that there was concern Misconception had albeit disappeared which turned out to be true. Misconception had been e-mailed by Bell that MysticalDragon had taken over Dev (Which, since it was on Misconceptions server, was totally up to him to do whatever with) and Riot was put in charge of the main server.

The ultimatum was that if nothing was done about main, they'd be sent to UC until such time as they could pull their weight. A month went by and nothing had happened - Xor moved them to UC as per the agreement. This was almost a year ago and I've yet to hear anything changing.

A lot of these details are rather inaccurate, though MD did 'take over' while Riot and I were away for a couple of weeks (due to real life issues). I have no problem with main being off of the classic list until we're finished, however, and in fact we even requested this prior to it actually occurring. For the record, though, Misconception wasn't around for a very, very long time and simply just submitted dev-server payments after collecting funds from those who have contributed. Myself and Riot have been in control of the server (and were in control of the server) for a rather long time. Tig, Skyld, and Bell were all aware of this which is why there was a bit of hostility when things went down (as nobody made an effort to contact either myself or Riot) before proceeding.

It matters not ultimately, but without typing a novel I just wanted to set a few things straight. For future reference it is important that you guys contact me and/or Riot regarding anything Delteria-in-nature.

Concerning N-Pulse, I'd say they've had more than a fair amount of time (like Delteria) to provide content improvements and/or a re-release and should simply be removed from the classic list as we were (though still remain classic-enabled) until such time that they're able to stand on their own again.

TSAdmin 07-28-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1589980)
You mean like the rehosting of DST/T, the line up of active/semi-active ETs, the reworking of quests to be made more easily accessible to new players, the minor NPC releases, and updating various events to work with the switch to GS2 to give people a bit to play with while waiting for the dev server?

No

kia345 07-28-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1589985)
No

Because that's all servers like UN have to survive on anyway,

If what you're implying is "they should release what they have finished", then the words I would use to describe you guys are probably censored.

Rufus 07-28-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1589987)
Because that's all servers like UN have to survive on anyway,

If what you're implying is "they should release what they have finished", then the words I would use to describe you guys are probably censored.

Should N-Pulse remain on the Classic Tab?

kia345 07-28-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1589988)
Should N-Pulse remain on the Classic Tab?

"N-Pulse should remain on the classic tab for the same reason Delteria was removed"