Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Linux v6 beta test (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257634)

Skyld 01-12-2010 08:15 PM

Linux v6 beta test

Please post any bugs with the v6 Linux client here, including details on your Linux distribution, graphics driver versions, a console log and how you reproduce the error.

Deas_Voice 01-12-2010 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this have anything with bugs to do, but..
  • can't make the "how much would you like to drop?" gui appear at v6 on Aeon.
  • text isnt bolded on npc, textchat ect. see images, the pollnpc for example.
  • Heartsbar is moved abit to the right & up on v6, see images.
    Edit:
  • can't bring the playerlist to front by pressing F7 when it's already open (in the client, not on the playerlist).
  • if a window (example, Scripted-RC) is open, and u press the hotkey again (F6) you close the window instead of bringing it to the front ( in the client, not the window )
oh and, i'm using Ubuntu 9.04 ( Jaunty ) & Nvidia v.180

cyan3 01-12-2010 11:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ubuntu 9.04
Nvidia version 180.44

Tabs under the role playing button on Graal Kingdoms for staff tools won't open, not sure if I'd be allowed to post a screenshot of staff tools on the forums but I could send one directly to Skyld if needed.

Edit: Start options won't open either.

Edit2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1549974)
can't make the "how much would you like to drop?" gui appear at v6 on Aeon.

hmm, I think the problem is using gui tabs, my problem is exactly the same using a tab to select options and I've also tried using tabs with the kingdoms gui on graal kingdoms and have the same problems.

Edit3: Tab options seem to work fine if I use the client in full screen mode.

Edit4: After enabling full screen mode the tab options work even in window mode until you restart the client.

Umat 01-13-2010 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1549974)
  • can't bring the playerlist to front by pressing F7 when it's already open (in the client, not on the playerlist).
  • if a window (example, Scripted-RC) is open, and u press the hotkey again (F6) you close the window instead of bringing it to the front ( in the client, not the window )

Same for me, although, I'm using Debian.
The problem where you move external windows over the main window on Windows XP exists here aswell, just not as annoying. The main window flickers a bit while dragging.

The playerlist doesn't show the accountname/community name of the player if it's on another server.

In the scripted rc:
If you move the scrollbar on serveroptions the text-container jumps up 3-5 pixels

Edit:
Layered tiles makes a transparent 16x16 square "holes" which the other tiles smudges over while walking. I guess this has something to do with Malorias tileset using transparent pngs instead of alpha transparent pngs or something?

Edit 2:
Debian Gnu/Linux 5 64-bit
Graphics: Intel Mobile GM965

Edit 3:
I've also noticed that the playerlist stops updating after a while if idling, I had to move my mouse over the players on the list for it to update.

xXziroXx 01-13-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1549231)
It seems that as soon as either the width or height is higher than 1024 in a GuiDrawingPanel, it completely vanishes.

One person claimed it also happens in Windows, but I've only had complaints about the map script on Maloria (where this was noticed) by Linux users, and been unable to replicate it at all in Windows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umat (Post 1550024)
Edit:
Layered tiles makes a transparent 16x16 square "holes" which the other tiles smudges over while walking. I guess this has something to do with Malorias tileset using transparent pngs instead of alpha transparent pngs or something?

Able to post a screenshot? Not seen the error you mention at all. Transparent png's originally didn't work in v6, but Stefan fixed it after some debugging on Maloria.

Umat 01-13-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1550167)
One person claimed it also happens in Windows, but I've only had complaints about the map script on Maloria (where this was noticed) by Linux users, and been unable to replicate it at all in Windows.

Able to post a screenshot? Not seen the error you mention at all. Transparent png's originally didn't work in v6, but Stefan fixed it after some debugging on Maloria.

I'll do it after work today.

Edit:
It seems to be broken on the windows version aswell, not in the same way though.
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...4&postcount=52

Deas_Voice 01-13-2010 05:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
in addition to Umats post,
the black stuff appears when u have minimized the client and opened it again.
also, when i was just gonna take a screenshot of "before", some blue errors appeared on the level.

Edit: just noticed that, on the first image, down at the bottom, there is some darkblue errors too.

Umat 01-13-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1550196)
in addition to Umats post,
the black stuff appears when u have minimized the client and opened it again.
also, when i was just gonna take a screenshot of "before", some blue errors appeared on the level.

Edit: just noticed that, on the first image, down at the bottom, there is some darkblue errors too.

I think Stefan has fixed this on a unreleased beta version.

Deas_Voice 01-13-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umat (Post 1550202)
I think Stefan has fixed this on a unreleased beta version.

oh okey :)

cyan3 01-13-2010 08:20 PM

I've noticed a slight delay when receiving pms from somebody who isn't at the top of the list, it will show the pm icon for the top person for a few seconds before it moves the other person up.

Tigairius 01-13-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1550236)
I've noticed a slight delay when receiving pms from somebody who isn't at the top of the list, it will show the pm icon for the top person for a few seconds before it moves the other person up.

Just a note for Stefan: this is caused because of GUITextListCtrl not updating unless the window is active or you mouseover it (also reported in the Windows bugs thread).

Deas_Voice 01-14-2010 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
if you change shape on the script editor and close it then open it again, the buttons won't follow to the normal shape.

cyan3 01-14-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1550441)
if you change shape on the script editor and close it then open it again, the buttons won't follow to the normal shape.

Not sure if you had this problem as well but when this happens the the tree icons for classes/database npc/weapons won't open the script lists.

Deas_Voice 01-14-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1550443)
Not sure if you had this problem as well but when this happens the the tree icons for classes/database npc/weapons won't open the script lists.

oh, yeah, that too.
forgot to add that. :)

cyan3 01-16-2010 12:32 AM

When I had 2 client open (one on Graal Kingdoms and the other on Kingdoms Debug) the second client I opened became unresponsive until I killed the process. I will try and replicate this again soon to see how it started.