Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zodiac Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Managerial Changes (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134266942)

papajchris 08-07-2012 09:08 PM

AGT 4 Lyfe!

You guys complain but continue to develop for this game. Do you guys not realize we control this game? Quite developing and I can garauntee updates or changes.

Pandar 08-07-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1701256)
This isn't about your personal problems you've had with PWA. We're all here together for Jerret. A derailed thread is just another reason for Stefan not to acknowledge it.

It's to serve the point that the PWA has been ****ing up constantly for the recent half of Graal's lifespan. I'm absolutely in support of returning Jerret to his position. I didn't mention my qualms for the purpose of complaining about them and getting them righted, I mentioned them for the purpose of supporting the fact that the PWA has been a detrimental aspect to Graal for more than half a decade now.

I don't just want Jerret returned to his position, I want the PWA torn down and remade to actually be what it's supposed to be -- an assisting force to the playerworlds of Graal.

NicoX 08-07-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1701257)
AGT 4 Lyfe!

You guys complain but continue to develop for this game. Do you guys not realize we control this game? Quite developing and I can garauntee updates or changes.

"Quit" but yeah you are right, I mentioned this before. Go on a Development strike and this Game is done.

Tenchry_P2P 08-07-2012 09:13 PM

So far they're on Zodiac talking **** it seems

this is a quote ". I understand you wish for Jerret to remain but there are some underlying causes as to why the PWA feels he needs a break. "

But we've had no other messages as to why he's been removed?

WarriorCam 08-07-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1701256)
This isn't about your personal problems you've had with PWA. We're all here together for Jerret. A derailed thread is just another reason for Stefan not to acknowledge it.

Speak for yourself. I am here to raise awareness of the misconduct the PWA has been perpetrating for years. This is just the latest in a series of abuses and awful service and it needs to end, period.

And for what it's worth I did personally quit developing. Hence the word "former" in my member title. The Graal administration (and I don't just mean the PWAs), was a large reason why.

LordSquirt 08-07-2012 09:14 PM

I would just like to say that as an observant Graal player over the years I had the utmost respect for Jerret and the way he dealt with Zodiac. I was always amazed in how he continuously shelled out updates and never lost his passion in Graal. I know I don't know all the details in the situation in regards to his removal, so I'm not really going to question it at this moment, but I think everyone can say with a consensus that Jerret will be regarded as the best manager Zodiac had to date.

PS: Whoever is currently in control of Zodiac right now should prob find a way to salvage their staff team since everyone is wearing JERRET 4 REHIRE nicks while on tag, and (Jerret for Manager) is considered a staff tag.

PPS: You shouldn't really blame Gabriel for this, I worked with Gabriel and he is not someone who would act rashly in something as large as this.

Imperialistic 08-07-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1701263)
PPS: You shouldn't really blame Gabriel for this, I worked with Gabriel and he is not someone who would act rashly in something as large as this.

You should really read through this thread to actually understand that Gabriel is known for favoring people. :noob:

Pandar 08-07-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorCam (Post 1701262)
Speak for yourself. I am here to raise awareness of the misconduct the PWA has been perpetrating for years. This is just the latest in a series of abuses and awful service and it needs to end, period.

And for what it's worth I did personally quit developing. Hence the word "former" in my member title. The Graal administration was a large reason why.

I agree with this. A lot of the bullshit PWA pulls flies under the radar for most, while being largely noticed by a select few. Pool everybody's qualms together and you have a stampeding gang of ****-uppery.

LordSquirt 08-07-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1701264)
You should really read through this thread to actually understand that Gabriel is known for favoring people. :noob:

I don't understand what you're implying.

One person (even a PWA) cannot remove a Manager from a server.

BurningStarlight 08-07-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1701266)

Maybe they should stop claiming they can, if you're correct.:rolleyes:

MattKan 08-07-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troku (Post 1701246)
Do you guys remember the "unofficial website rules" that Tig posted? Same ploy just to give Val a hard time. Now they're hitting Zodiac, too.

Bell seriously needs to be head PWA. This is out of control.

Yes I do, and here's my opinion on those:

I wanted to release an official Stroseria Forums, but I didn't know if these rules would allow for that.
  • I couldn't post in the thread my question because he locked it for some reason.
  • I couldn't post a visitor message because he blocked those, too.
  • I couldn't forum PM him because he blocked those, too.
  • I've waited over 2 months for an e-mail response.

I'm waiting for the PWA to do something I can support. Same with the US government.

Imperialistic 08-07-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1701266)

Sinkler can easily get someone removed with persistent *****ing and lies to stick up for his friend.

Also, it doesn't help that Jerret is exactly what Tig always wanted to be, a respected developer everyone looked up to in the community.
When have you ever seen Tig spend time creating guides and managing servers? Jerret was never required to do the things he did for us, and for that he's a great person.. something Tig will never be.

Tenchry_P2P 08-07-2012 09:44 PM

This is from Sunny or as his account is called oranrene

It is a rare time I make an appearance on Zodiac (With the exception of giving items to friends that ask for them), so i'll make this short;
In the time that I was an Admin / Developer / Demigod / Whatever you wanna call me, I worked and was very good friends with Jerret.
To hear that he was fired, greatly surprised me. However to hear WHY he was fired surprises me even more.

Triple_Combo is someone that I ( or some other admin hired for some position (I believe GP) for staff. Triple_Combo's time on RC was very short. Not long after his / her inception, It was brought to my attention with a VIDEO that this player was USDing his / her items. Accompanying this, I also chat logged every staff member that we hired to keep track of just what they were doing. The chat logs and the video matched up perfectly.
Upon this discovery (And having the utmost disdain for anyone who USDs and ruins the games economy), the player in question was stripped of their RC rights / Staff job immediately. Afterwards, they were jailed (Or banned, I cannot recall 100%) for some period of time and blacklisted from ever being rehired as staff.

The fact that Jerret was fired over this says 2 this

1.Sinkler, you've went from a nice kid to a corrupt punk since i've left and you're pushing your own agenda or someone else's agenda.
2.You've been ill-informed or made a very poor decision. This, in return, reflects on your age.
Triple_Combo's reset has nothing to do with Jerret's removal. Things like this had been done in the past (Along with permanent bans) to players that were well known / proven to be USDing. It has never justified the removal of a long-term staff member who pretty much rebuilt the game up. I'm 100% positive I had done much more to someone who was guilty with much less evidence.

So, with that on the table, here I am to discuss some other things:
I worked on the iPhone server. I worked on Zodiac for years. I've worked with Sinkler, Stefan, and a few other globals. And I've had to deal with Bell. And although she's usually very rational, I've known her to make very poor decisions frequently when she visited anything I was a part of. There have been a multitude of instances where the PWA/Global team has shown not only the most exasperating signs of bias, but outright CORRUPTION. I read a post somewhere that mentioned they're one big family / group of friends, and to that, I testify to.
It's quite obvious; Jerret stepped on the toes of the wrong person. There are no rational reasons why he was removed. The only obvious one is the entire deal with Triple_Combo, which, I've already ruled out as an inapplicable reason (Also confirmed by Sinkler in a chat I had with him).
Regardless of what they may try to tell you, there is an Agenda they're pushing and the manager will 100% be someone they've had picked out for a while.

And to answer the question before it arises, why do I care? Jerret was and still is a very good and long time friend. Zodiac is something he's very passionate about. Something he has loved doing. Something he has done for FREE, while Graal Online profits from his work through exp pot sales and other virtual items that players apparently, buy a lot more often than I ever thought. And Jerret has maintained all of this for them because it was something he enjoyed.
So, taking five or ten minutes of my time to draft up a letter in his defense when our friends did not (I'm looking at you, Sinkler and Bell) doesn't bother me in the slightest. I must reiterate, I'm most disappointed in Sinkler. I thought, seeing as we used to chat with him a lot on skype and he was trained BY us, that he would be a little less corruptible then this. But the age old saying holds true. That being said…
With all of this in mind, I'll be emailing this to Stefan immediately as well as having someone post it for me on the Graal Forums. He's currently on vacation in Germany from what I understand, and he'll have plenty to answer for when he gets back : - ). Till next time, guys.

-Matthew "Sunny" Ruland

MonkeyBob 08-07-2012 10:32 PM

Flame me if you wish :P, but honestly as bad as this looks, I'm sure Gabriel had a reason for doing this. Through the time I've worked with him on Era, sure he's done things that I didn't agree with, but he's always had good intentions for doing so. More often than not, his decisions have helped the success of the server in the long run. In this case there is obviously something more going on than what you guys are seeing.

DeathOfRa 08-07-2012 10:33 PM

From what I heard, Gabriel wasn't exactly a great guy on Era, he was like one of those e-thug types, again, from what I've heard.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻