Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   A Barberic problem (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36485)

Alphabet555 08-24-2002 01:30 AM

A Barberic problem

I need to know how to raise my inteligence without buying expensive items. I am a barberian, and I cannot use tools. I have 5 scrolls of using tools, but every time I use them it says "Failed to learn the knowledge of scroll of using tools. I am at level 3 with 3 inteligence. I cant use tools, so I can't make food, and monsters almost never give me food. I die, and lose exp making it harder for me to get food, which means I starve more. How do I raise my inteligence level??? Please help

Alphabet555

FFusion 08-24-2002 01:35 AM

well i don't think you can raise your without expensive items like "Potion of Intelligence". you can gain skill experience by using "/use_skill woodsman" on drops from enemies.

btw this should be in the other forum.

Thak2 08-24-2002 02:13 AM

Re: A Barberic problem

Quote:

Originally posted by Alphabet555
I need to know how to raise my inteligence without buying expensive items. I am a barberian, and I cannot use tools. I have 5 scrolls of using tools, but every time I use them it says "Failed to learn the knowledge of scroll of using tools. I am at level 3 with 3 inteligence. I cant use tools, so I can't make food, and monsters almost never give me food. I die, and lose exp making it harder for me to get food, which means I starve more. How do I raise my inteligence level??? Please help

Alphabet555

Barbarians don't have literacy, that might be why you keep failing to learn it.

Alphabet555 08-24-2002 03:37 AM

I found out the answer to my problem. FFusion thanks. I kill mushrooms, use woodsman on the mushrooms I get, and the mushrooms count as food too! Yay

Aestus 08-24-2002 04:59 AM

*Shrugs* I'm a barbarian, and I learned my starting skill and the scroll of using tools even without literacy. Just keep reconnecting until you learn it, you should get a scroll of using tools every time you log on.

Admins 08-24-2002 05:08 AM

Normally barbarians have the skill of literacy (may be it was bugged before?), but they have low intelligence so they often fail. Even sorcerers often fail when reading spell scrolls.

Aestus 08-24-2002 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stefan
Normally barbarians have the skill of literacy (may be it was bugged before?), but they have low intelligence so they often fail. Even sorcerers often fail when reading spell scrolls.
I created my new barbarian just three days ago, and do not have the skill literacy. It's not there when I use /skills and when I try to read the guide to Close Combat, it tells me "You have no knowledge of literacy. You are unable to decipher the strange symbols," or something to that effect.

ALUCARDPSX 08-24-2002 06:54 AM

Im a priest and all but i used to be a level 7 barbarian til hunger killed me since i NEVER EVER got any drops....it sucks we always starve..since my priest is with bile my hunger drops 1 every 10-20 minutes..

Aestus 08-24-2002 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ALUCARDPSX
Im a priest and all but i used to be a level 7 barbarian til hunger killed me since i NEVER EVER got any drops....it sucks we always starve..since my priest is with bile my hunger drops 1 every 10-20 minutes..
Um. I've never starved once. Just keep on using the scroll of using tools till you learn it --- you have an unlimited supply, you know.