Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Windows v6 beta test (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257598)

Admins 01-13-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1550258)
what about bodies that doesn't show?

Well they don't show because they are not palettized

Deas_Voice 01-15-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1549958)
Hmm, I'm unable to replicate this. What are your computer specs and stuff? Could you maybe explain it differently?

he means that if u shake the titlebar on, for example, the external clientrc, all other windows get minimized, this is a windows 7 effect.
i get it too, but i dont see any problem in it, unless the external windows are meant as 1 window(graal), not multiply windows(graal,playerlist,clientrc).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1549974)
  • can't bring the playerlist to front by pressing F7 when it's already open (in the client, not on the playerlist).
  • if a window (example, Scripted-RC) is open, and u press the hotkey again (F6) you close the window instead of bringing it to the front ( in the client, not the window )

i get this too, on windows 7.

Tigairius 01-15-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1550533)
he means that if u shake the titlebar on, for example, the external clientrc, all other windows get minimized, this is a windows 7 effect.
i get it too, but i dont see any problem in it, unless the external windows are meant as 1 window(graal), not multiply windows(graal,playerlist,clientrc).

i get this too, on windows 7.

Yes, these are because there is no showtop() or makefirstresponder effects, it's on the main page :)

xXziroXx 01-15-2010 05:04 PM

Not sure if we can post about suggestions in this thread or not, but since you have a section about it in the first post, I'll take my chances.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=87559

Would be rather useful. Also, have I missed something, or is the promised open beta still closed and just made official, or where can I get the beta version of v6? Have a bunch of stuff I'd like to try on Maloria with it.

Deas_Voice 01-15-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1550538)
where can I get the beta version of v6?

the person you are looking for, starts with a s and ends with kyld.

Admins 01-16-2010 03:41 AM

There is new beta version, short list of modifications:
- 24bit pngs should work fine now as bodies on classic servers
- small speed improvements for drawing classic bodies
- you can use emoticons like afk, brb etc. while walking
- copy&paste should work better
- you can jump down from small cliffs again
- fixed crash on syntaxhighlighting = true in GuiMLTextCtrls
- some more hacking protections
- doesn't try to install Tempus Sans font anymore since it can now use fonts from the graal folder (and downloaded fonts) anyway
- fixed player being warped around while being attached to an npc (kingdoms ships)
- the hearts (ying-yang) are displayed at the regular place instead of at a shifted position like on iphone

Tigairius 01-16-2010 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1550599)
- copy&paste should work better

Doesn't seem to have changed

Stephen 01-18-2010 01:37 AM

I noticed the player-related tool-tips don't display in the playerlist unless you have it focused. Kind of annoying :(

oo_jazz_oo 01-18-2010 02:25 AM

Some things I found -
  • Can't change default font (only size)
  • My head on N-Pulse does not show up, even though it is uploaded.
    (heads_npulse/0wned-head2.png: downloadable, head image, 2635 byte, 2006-06-24 03:53:56)
  • Playerlist and other external windows always open to mouse. It would be better if the playerlist opened to where it was previously closed, and pms and other windows should open in the center of the screen like previous versions.
  • No right click > warp on playerlist (I assume this is updated in the version from login2, but when I try to go to login2, it tells me my client is not supported, and closes Graal)
  • After closing a gui window, focus is not returned to the player, and you cannot move until you click
  • Changing zoom makes images blurry and very unappealing

And my specs, just so you know:
Running on Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom Quad core processor
Ati Radeon DH 2300 Graphics

If these things have been pointed out in previous posts, sorry for bringing them up again. :P
But i'm just pointing out things I've found.

cbk1994 01-18-2010 02:48 AM

Windows 7 x64

Playerlist/PMs
  • The playerlist doesn't dock. This may seem like a small thing, but it's pretty big, at least for me. I always have my playerlist docked. This is why I will be using the old client instead of the beta one for now.
  • The playerlist has to be selected to open/close it with F7. Not sure if this is a glitch with external windows or with the playerlist. It works fine with F3, so I assume it's a glitch with the playerlist.
  • The drop-down list for your status needs to have 'textProfile = GuiBlueTextListProfile'.
  • "Show buddies on other servers" should be enabled by default like it is in the old client.
  • If the playerlist isn't active (e.g. minimized), pressing F7 should bring it to the top.
  • "Warpto (Staff)" shows even when you aren't staff. It's probably worth finding a way to make it only show for staff since it looks unprofessional.

Other
  • Shadow alpha of text needs to be multiplied by the text's alpha. Otherwise, it leaves the shadow behind. This applies to all of the new clients, not just the Windows one.
  • minExtent doesn't work for external windows.
  • Closing an external window doesn't make Graal active if you had previously been using another application. This is especially noticeable with the playerlist, and when closing PMs.
  • Uploading files with client-RC doesn't work, period. It also doesn't work using automated uploading systems which use the personaluploads folder.
  • You can't drag and drop files into the file browser external window.
  • ALT + 3 to show/hide the map makes an error-esque dinging noise, as does ALT + 2 for screenshots, ALT + S to send PMs, etc.
  • External windows have to be focused for them to receive mouse wheel events (annoying with the playerlist)
  • This glitch exists now.

Admins 01-18-2010 06:41 PM

I've fixed the file upload, scripts now need to call uploadfile(filename) to actually upload the file (they might like to do other things with the filename) (setting FileSelector_Window.requestscript to make sure it's us who requested it):

PHP Code:

function onMenuItemUploadFile() {

FileSelector_Window.requestscript this.name;

selectFileForUpload();
}

function 
onSelectedFileForUpload(fullfilename) {
  if (
FileSelector_Window.requestscript==this.name)

uploadfile(fullfilename);

Admins 01-18-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1551004)
[*]My head on N-Pulse does not show up, even though it is uploaded.
(heads_npulse/0wned-head2.png: downloadable, head image, 2635 byte, 2006-06-24 03:53:56)

Looks fine to me, anyone else has this problem?

Crono 01-18-2010 07:39 PM

The minimap still shows the wrong head icon. This has been a problem since v5, for some reason it shows someone else's head instead of mine.

Umat 01-18-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1551092)
The minimap still shows the wrong head icon. This has been a problem since v5, for some reason it shows someone else's head instead of mine.

Same for me.

Deas_Voice 01-18-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umat (Post 1551097)
Same for me.

same here, @ windows & linux.