Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Gonstruct Feedback (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258190)

xXziroXx 07-06-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeCeaseD (Post 1699055)
So den wat be da issue m0nnn?!?

Check the rest of the post, including the quotes.

WanDaMan 07-08-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1698683)
You did get that sorted out, right? Short of some bizarre bugs, this would mean that you somehow set D:\ as your graal directory and gonstruct is trying to index your recycle bin. While that error is definitely something we should be handling, you can probably avoid it if you nuke your probably gonstruct settings and choose a small graal directory the next time.

I'll consider moving the Graal directory from the partition and clearing the cache for Gonstruct. Thanks Loriel

Loriel 07-09-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanDaMan (Post 1699173)
I'll consider moving the Graal directory from the partition and clearing the cache for Gonstruct. Thanks Loriel

Having your graal directory on D:\ should be perfectly fine, but I think that error there could only have happened if you had D:\ itself set as your graal directory.

xXziroXx 08-22-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1698801)
If someone is going to work on Gonstruct, it should be noted that these are the most important bugs/improvements:
  • Dragging the tileset slider causes the entire tileset to draw over the level until the slider is released.
  • No right-click tile flood fill when having multiple tiles selected.
  • Ctrl+Z does not restore deleted layers.
  • Unknown reason(s) causes some gmap levels to crash the client.
  • If you accidentally right click to flood fill outside of the level boundries, the client crashes.
  • The ability to zoom out on gmaps would be fantastic.
  • Wrong settings can cause the client not to start until you remove them from AppData.
  • If done properly, having layers displayed in their own layer section (PhotoShop/PaintShopPro style) could be an improvement. If not done right, the current way they work is just fine.
  • Not sure if this is a bug or just poor implementation, but selecting tiles on a layer > Ctrl+C > navigate to another layer > unselect the tiles causes them to be moved from the original layer to the current layer. Would be nice with a better way of handing that, because it's a great feature.
  • If a tileset image is updated while having Gonstruct opened, it would be nice if the level would redraw.

That's all I could come up with for now.

Come on all of you programming savvy people out there, make it happen! :(

xXziroXx 12-11-2012 02:29 AM

A friend of mine tried to install Gonstruct on her computer, but apparently can't run it due to the following error.

PHP Code:

Could not start editorboost::filesystem::basic directory_iterator constructorAccess is denied 

Any clues?

scriptless 12-11-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1709212)
A friend of mine tried to install Gonstruct on her computer, but apparently can't run it due to the following error.

PHP Code:

Could not start editorboost::filesystem::basic directory_iterator constructorAccess is denied 

Any clues?

First thought maybe directory where boost is installed (if its installed) needs premissions changed?

What OS is your friend using?

Kiwi27 12-27-2012 10:10 AM

I just installed it on this computer, and every time I try and make, or load, a level, it stops responding ?

scriptless 12-27-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi27 (Post 1710686)
I just installed it on this computer, and every time I try and make, or load, a level, it stops responding ?

Windows, Mac or Linux?

Have you tried running in compatibility mode (if windows), or as administrator??

cbk1994 12-27-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1710726)
as administrator??

I know I post this every time somebody recommends running as superuser/admin, but this is potentially very very dangerous—do you really trust that Graal is secure enough to give it access to do anything to your computer?

scriptless 12-28-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1710763)
I know I post this every time somebody recommends running as superuser/admin, but this is potentially very very dangerous—do you really trust that Graal is secure enough to give it access to do anything to your computer?

Nope, however he is talking about Gonstruct.. And I have no way of knowing if he himself compiled the code and verified legitimacy of it. And I wasn't recommending it, I was asking if he tried it.. just out of curiosity.

Kiwi27 12-28-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1710726)
Windows, Mac or Linux?

running windows

scriptless 12-28-2012 03:42 PM

Does the application run just not open levels? Can you create new levels and save them?

Kiwi27 12-30-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1710865)
Does the application run just not open levels? Can you create new levels and save them?

I can't open them, I can't make new ones, and because of that I can't save them.

Tim_Rocks 12-30-2012 07:26 AM

Have you tried turning your screen off and on?

Torankusu 09-04-2013 12:39 AM

Looking for a bit of insight (I believe some of these issues are because I selected a wrong option when installing it). Windows 7 32 bit. Gonstruct 0.2.3

Gonstruct was installed in Graal folder, filenamecache.txt exists.
Error: "Told to use Graal file cache, but can't open FILENAMECACHE.txt"

subsequently, I am also getting this error:
"Could not start editor: boost::filesystem::basic_directory_iterator constructor: Access is denied: "C:\Config.Msi""

I have no issues with the default editor, personally, but was wanting to see what gonsctruct was all about and play with tile layers.