Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic News (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Management Change (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134256377)

Bell 10-09-2009 09:35 PM

Management Change

As you all know, Masterstorm and Thor have been co managing Classic for some time. Since Storms employer is now sending him to Canada until December its going to be difficult for him to have the time to put in to full time development. He's going to stay on as staff to administer to the needs of the website, continue to pay for the dev server and will script as he has time.

With this change, it will mean that Thor will become the sole manager of Classic. He's fully capable of handling the issues relating to the current situation and I have confidence that he will bring Classic back to a fully playable state again. We all feel this is the best for Classic and I hope that you will all treat Thor with the respect he deserves.

I do appreciate that Storm will still support Classic and its release and thank him for the years he has put in up till now.

DuBsTeRmAn 10-09-2009 09:37 PM

Ok...?
Good luck new manager, Cya old manager.

pooper200000 10-09-2009 09:41 PM

Congratulations Thor!

Thank you for all your contributions MasterStorm!

DustyPorViva 10-09-2009 09:43 PM

So nothing has changed?

MysticX2X 10-09-2009 10:31 PM

Storm should of been removed a while ago tbh. Who knows what much will change.

Rufus 10-09-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1528703)

Why would anything change?

DustyPorViva 10-09-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1528703)

It was a co-manager set-up. MS and Thor. MS was removed, and Thor still had the same powers he did before. So Thor is capable of doing just as much as he had been able to before, so I'm not sure what will really change.

However, if MS was not letting Thor make decisions, maybe, but as far as I know, MS had been doing all his own changes on his Classic Dev server that he wanted, so I don't know why he'd impede on any changes on the main dev one.

MysticX2X 10-09-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1528707)
It was a co-manager set-up. MS and Thor. MS was removed, and Thor still had the same powers he did before. So Thor is capable of doing just as much as he had been able to before, so I'm not sure what will really change.

However, if MS was not letting Thor make decisions, maybe, but as far as I know, MS had been doing all his own changes on his Classic Dev server that he wanted, so I don't know why he'd impede on any changes on the main dev one.

Well Master Storm did have a heavy influence on the decision to still go with custom systems; not saying that they aren't content with that.

As for some change, I was just trying to be optimistic. Probably won't happen.

xnervNATx 10-09-2009 11:25 PM

finally?

-Ramirez- 10-10-2009 04:39 AM

I think this has come far too late to make any difference now. That's definitely true for my interest in the server, at least.

xmann 10-10-2009 06:28 AM

Good luck to everyone working on this project. I still don't believe this will speed progress up at all. But having an active Manager is good for people to see. Storm has had a very long run, and as I said before,I'd rather keep my job as well :p. Best of luck to you Storm.

acaremon02 10-10-2009 06:54 AM

Didn't Storm just settle in a new home?

Anyways, good luck in Canada.
Real life is always more important than Graal.

Deophite18 10-10-2009 01:43 PM

bye

BlackSolider 10-10-2009 08:16 PM

Thanks for all you've done storm.

Good luck thor.

The big positive I see coming out of this, is that if there was ever disagreement over a server direction, or specific projects, that at least now the development team can move in one direction (whether an individual thinks it's good or bad.)

ff7chocoboknight 10-10-2009 09:11 PM

The only problem we had with MS with development was that he was too picky with it and didn't want really drastic changes.