Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Graal v6.113 for Windows Released (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269561)

Elk 07-09-2015 07:33 PM

oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)

ffcmike 07-12-2015 04:29 PM

Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?

ffcmike 07-12-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1737038)
Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?

With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.

Tim_Rocks 07-12-2015 08:20 PM

That's interesting you mention that. I did disable disconnections a while back on Era.

Ceasar 07-14-2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1737039)
With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.

yeah this might be why era doesnt disconnect like delteria, kingdoms, zodiac

Ceasar 07-22-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1737038)

it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling) there were people that started getting The game server could not be reached. errors
http://i.imgur.com/QpvhPgy.png

it may still be something that has to do with the idle detection but it might be the scripts overriding each other like elk said.

I also noticed i have 100 more ms or even higher on zodiac for no reason when it's fine on era.

ie: 160 ms on era, 280-500 ms on zodiac.. i seen many people that don't lag on era lag hardcore on zodiac, i have no idea why this occurs hmm...

ffcmike 07-22-2015 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceasar (Post 1737184)
it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling)

This is also what I experienced immediately after changing server options, and is what led me to investigate the idle detection. After restarting the client however I have not experienced a disconnect in over a week.

Since I posted this however it has been said that the cause is known, and it does appear unrelated. It may be the case that disabling the idle disconnect doesn't cause the problem, but rather helps trigger it.

Rob 07-22-2015 02:46 PM

Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.

scriptless 07-22-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1737194)
Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.

Hmm, what if you are entering between 2 levels both of which have 0 npc's in them per say, however are part of a larger gmap, in which there are npc's in other surrounding levels? I recently had 2 disconnects within the same level just trying to walk thru it and it didn't have any npc's in it.

Ceasar 08-17-2015 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk (Post 1737022)
oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)

how old of a problem was the disconnections? this has been happening since last year september after this thread was created. i wonder what is causing this..

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1733623)
"Please update your Graal version!"

The latest Linux version is 6.037, unfortunately.

when is the linux version being updated?

shrimps 08-17-2015 06:37 PM

It started happening around when the last client update came, (I think?) The first client update pushed out after Stefan was gone.

Tim_Rocks 08-17-2015 06:47 PM

When is Mac getting their RC3?

shrimps 08-17-2015 07:42 PM

Mmm Big Macs, now I'm hungry.

bradigger 09-10-2015 02:34 PM

Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.

Tim_Rocks 09-10-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradigger (Post 1737522)
Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.

The Linux client hasn't been available for a year now...? If you're not going to support the client, then stop wasting our time and announce it's end of life.