Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Graal v6.113 for Windows Released (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269561)

Cubical 06-01-2015 09:11 AM

Does Graal work on Windows 11.1 SE?

Tim_Rocks 06-21-2015 01:45 PM

Where the **** is the linux client update, or the new forum everyone was so concerned about getting released?

PhantosP2P 06-23-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1736524)
Does Graal work on Windows 11.1 SE?

I thought you may have meant window mobile editions, but it never reached 11.1. Same with Win 10 mobile. Do you mean Windows 10 server edition? If so, it does work on that platform. Although you'll most likely be RDPing into it, so your graphics will break and not work unless you're in a very specific environment.

The lack of linux option means we can't run it on raspberry pi which would be amazing.

As for forum updates, you guys may hate VBulletin 5.X if they are going that route. The only thing wrong with this forum is its organization and participation, not the software below it. Although VBulletin 4.X is amazing compared to this version.

Cubical 06-24-2015 10:10 AM

i meant what i said. windows 11.1 CE or die

cyan3 06-24-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantosP2P (Post 1736854)
The lack of linux option means we can't run it on raspberry pi which would be amazing.

It wouldn't run on a Raspberry Pi regardless because the Graal client was complied for x86 and the Raspberry Pi uses an ARM processor.

Cubical 06-24-2015 10:25 AM

He can do anything he puts his mind to

Ceasar 07-02-2015 08:59 AM

Attention, we have 2 more months left to celebrate our very first year anniversary of our highly appreciated disconnection content!

:noob:

Rob 07-08-2015 03:10 PM

Hello.

I'd like to take a moment to address the complaint regarding disconnects on the PC client.

First, I'd like to notify server developers of some specifics. From internal testing, these disconnections appear isolated to entering a new level, whether it be via a warp (ie, level link) or a script (eg, setlevel2). Additionally, they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

What this means is, for the time being, that you can mitigate the damages by minimizing level-changing events or scripts. Good examples of areas to to avoid for now would be some kind of overworld-wide game (such as Tag or a race) or a multi-level, repeatable instance (due to instance levels each being unique and "new," regardless of repetition).

That aside, Unixmad has been brought up to speed on this issue. Though no specifics are available to be shared, I'd like to note that, due to the cause being a fault within the client, any possible solutions for this bug won't be rolled out until the next Graal client update.

scriptless 07-08-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1737007)
Hello.

I'd like to take a moment to address the complaint regarding disconnects on the PC client.

First, I'd like to notify server developers of some specifics. From internal testing, these disconnections appear isolated to entering a new level, whether it be via a warp (ie, level link) or a script (eg, setlevel2). Additionally, they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

What this means is, for the time being, that you can mitigate the damages by minimizing level-changing events or scripts. Good examples of areas to to avoid for now would be some kind of overworld-wide game (such as Tag or a race) or a multi-level, repeatable instance (due to instance levels each being unique and "new," regardless of repetition).

That aside, Unixmad has been brought up to speed on this issue. Though no specifics are available to be shared, I'd like to note that, due to the cause being a fault within the client, any possible solutions for this bug won't be rolled out until the next Graal client update.

Is the level changed in any way when I update a weapon npc? I also experienced this disconnect bug when hitting the apply button on a script window. Usually at which I log back on and press it again (several times) as well as on all other script windows (several times) just to ensure that it does save the level. Not sure if you have looked into this also or not in connection to the bug?

Tim_Rocks 07-08-2015 08:32 PM

That's good to hear, Rob. Thank you for the update. I can vouch for scriptless. The disconnect bug does happen while applying script changes to weapons that result in the weapon being re-added to you via script.

Rob 07-09-2015 01:06 AM

If receiving Weapon NPC data alone were enough to trigger a disconnect, you would assume players would frequently get disconnected simply for logging onto the server (where they simultaneously receive literally hundreds of WNPC scripts on some servers).

I would be interested if these WNPCs in question were doing something unusual that might have contributed to it... I've made several thousand script updates in the last months, often with two clients online at the same time, and have never experienced that problem.

However, I appreciate this information and have forwarded that tidbit to Unixmad as well. If you can narrow down possible functions or interactions that might be causing it in those WNPC updates, that could potentially make the solution very easy.

ffcmike 07-09-2015 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1737007)
they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

This is not true, it can occur when a level has already been loaded, as well as entered within the same online session.

What I've noticed is that it is more likely to occur when there are higher number of players around, which also cause a higher number of these lines to be logged:

PHP Code:

Received invalid data (2from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server
Received invalid data 
(3from game server 

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with how player attr[] values were being stored and synchronised, as this has been somewhat bugged since the last client.

Minoc 07-09-2015 09:22 AM

Why not just roll back to the previous version?

Tim_Rocks 07-09-2015 09:50 AM

There's multiple variables involved here. I've been disconnected for hitting the save button to an npc level editor in game.

scriptless 07-09-2015 06:33 PM

I haven't been disconnected recently for updating a weapon but yes, I've also experienced it entering a level I already had entered in. Usually when logging on GK inside bomber trade and going outside, then going back inside.. But the weird thing is the bug does not occur every time you do it. So there has to be some other variables involved too. But looking for commonalities is definitely a good way to trouble shoot the problem. I would be inclined to suggest looking into the TPlayer, and TServerPlayer objects. It's possible that they are receiving, or sending, a corrupt packet.