Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hiring for Era (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Era Hirings Index (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85142)

cbk1994 04-14-2009 06:46 AM

Era Hirings Index

Era is currently hiring several positions. You can find links to all of them below, and this list will be updated as time progresses.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or email them to me.

> Level Artists

> Tile Artists

Sorry for all the spam that I've generated with these hiring posts, but this is the best way to do it.

If you've got any questions, again just post in this thread

Masa has decided to return to his former position as guns admin; everyone please welcome him back!

BlueMelon 04-14-2009 10:55 PM

Sweet, I am confused in the Need of "exp" for the Gun admin tho, What kind of Exp?

cbk1994 04-14-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMelon (Post 1483894)
Sweet, I am confused in the Need of "exp" for the Gun admin tho, What kind of Exp?

The kind where you will be able to know the best balance for guns/other weapons, and be able to keep all weapons "equal", in a way.

MontyPython 04-14-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1483900)
The kind where you will be able to know the best balance for guns/other weapons, and be able to keep all weapons "equal", in a way.

And hopefully the kind where you have the sense to tag-lock business weapons.

And not randomly buff guns you have lying around in your inventory, such as the SMGPK.

But in all honesty, BlueMelon, Speed Experience for Gun Administration and Balancing is most necessary. Level 9 and above, please.

BlueMelon 04-14-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPython (Post 1483906)
But in all honesty, BlueMelon, Speed Experience for Gun Administration and Balancing is most necessary. Level 9 and above, please.

I am not undertanding this.. What i get is that i need level 9 Speed to get this job?

Quote:

What are the work conditions? I know how guns work and all, But how do they update it? Is it all by script? or is it just editing 1 number.

The_Blue_Cracka 04-15-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMelon (Post 1483917)
I am not undertanding this.. What i get is that i need level 9 Speed to get this job?

What are the work conditions? I know how guns work and all, But how do they update it? Is it all by script? or is it just editing 1 number.

If you have to ask that, it's probably safe to say you don't know what you're doing.

BlueMelon 04-15-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blue_Cracka (Post 1483929)
If you have to ask that, it's probably safe to say you don't know what you're doing.

Did i say i knew? ...

Its a question.

Frankie 04-15-2009 01:16 AM

Pretty much.

Each gun stat is a number value.

BlueMelon 04-15-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1483948)
Pretty much.

Each gun stat is a number value.

Thank you.

cbk1994 04-15-2009 01:50 AM

Don't worry about speed, I don't know exactly why that would potentially be an issue. The main point of the guns admin will be to work on the dev server, where it is simply changing numbers to get the desired effect.

I don't care so much about knowing or not knowing how to do the stuff; this can be easily picked up. Focus more on what would make you good for the job or what qualifies you.

Especially, one thing I'd like to know is your "vision" for weapons. What do you think needs to be changed overall? Do guns need to be slowed? Speeded up? Less/more damage? Things like that are golden.

CharlieM 04-15-2009 02:50 AM

Speed levels needing to be removed? I know thats completely not related to the speed you were referring to, but saying speed and level got me to thinking about speed levels

MontyPython 04-15-2009 03:09 AM

Speed's got nothing to do with it.

That's the point.

I think Chris's posts made it exceptionally clear that you would be working with balancing and changing gun stats. Therefore, what experience would logic tell you you would need? Good experience as a culinary chef? Knowledge of every sewer shortcut on Era? Perhaps the first-hand experience of surfing on the Amazon River?

I'll let you decide.

fragman85 04-15-2009 12:09 PM

I really hope Chris chooses the right person for this job.

BlueMelon 04-15-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fragman85 (Post 1484074)
I really hope Chris chooses the right person for this job.

If not things could go downhill...

cbk1994 04-16-2009 05:53 AM

I've received enough applications for a guns admin, and I will announce the new one shortly.