Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   N-Pulse Bugs and suggestions (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Lag on NPulse? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58702)

Hiro 04-25-2005 02:26 AM

Lag on NPulse?

Why the hell is it so laggy on NPulse? Me and Holy Gryphon just lost int he Semi-finals of the tag team spar tourament because the server is so laggy that you can't walk anywhere without skipping - and it's not just me. Everyone on the server is laggy, and everyone else says it's laggy.

What the hell did you guys upload that made the server so laggy?

ETD 04-25-2005 02:29 AM

I had been working on reducing the lag on N-Pulse, but I'm not staff there anymore
:(

Hiro 04-25-2005 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETD
I had been working on reducing the lag on N-Pulse, but I'm not staff there anymore
:(

It's so laggy that you can hardly spar well because these people get lag hits out of no where.

Not to mention it turns a lot of people off from the server as they can play somewhere else without being so laggy.

Velox Cruentus 04-25-2005 02:58 AM

Scripts... That's what makes a server laggy.

Hiro 04-25-2005 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
Scripts... That's what makes a server laggy.

Or crappy Scripters.

HarDKoRe1234 04-25-2005 03:38 AM

Yeah, seriously, I can't see anybody move on that server....

PrinceDark 04-25-2005 07:27 AM

A few things were chopped in half so some are incomplete so just continuously execute. There's a lot of things wrong there. Most of the content should be rescripted.

But that will likely never happen.

Velox Cruentus 04-25-2005 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro
Or crappy Scripters.

Crappy Scripters only enhance the lagging factor on the scripts. Scripts themselves lag the server however.

Scripters don't lag the server... Their scripts do however.

Spark910 04-25-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
Crappy Scripters only enhance the lagging factor on the scripts. Scripts themselves lag the server however.

Scripters don't lag the server... Their scripts do however.

Well, I'm sure he was suggesting such a thing anyway, rarther than saying the presence of the staff is causing the slow-down.

Robin 04-25-2005 05:12 PM

The presence of scripts, players, levels and images cause lag.

matt8891 04-25-2005 05:17 PM

Npulse does'nt usually have alot of NPC's in one level. But i think that new tileset could be causing alot of lag.

Malinko 04-25-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinceDark
But that will likely never happen.

Hm, why not? Thought you were NAT there or so?
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8891
Npulse does'nt usually have alot of NPC's in one level.

Nor much scripts at all.
Quote:

But i think that new tileset could be causing alot of lag.
How so?

Kaimetsu 04-25-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin
The presence of scripts, players, levels and images cause lag

That's an overly simplistic assertion, given that the term 'lag' is ambiguous.

If you're talking about clientside slowdown then the number of levels on the server is irrelevant.
If you're talking about client<->server latency then the number of images on the screen is irrelevant.

Darlene159 04-25-2005 10:02 PM

I have heard some complain of lag, not many though...I haven't seen any lag either, and I have seen no difference in lag with the new tileset...I'm not saying there isn't a lag problem, but I am saying that I haven't noticed it.
CriminalX has quit his job as scripter....

Admins 04-25-2005 11:22 PM

N-Pulse doesn't seem to have slow scripts on serverside, the npcserver is actually quite bored. Also on clientside there doesn't seem to be slow scripts, at least with the default items you get when entering the server. Graal took between 4 and 6 % cpu time for me.
So the question is are you actually moving slow, or is there just network lag?