Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Can we phase out v5 yet? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134265691)

cbk1994 02-04-2012 10:22 AM

Can we phase out v5 yet?

It's been years since the last stable client release, and many players are still using v5, which prevents scripters from using the latest features in the new clients. I don't want to be too optimistic, but can we please make it a goal to phase out v5 some time in 2012? This is getting a bit ridiculous.

Andre2006 02-04-2012 10:35 AM

I'm still using V5 for the sole reason that the player list is 10 times better. My PMs don't minimize when I click somewhere else on the screen with an open message window.

Emera 02-04-2012 01:53 PM

I agree. V6 is more than able to do anything the V5 client does, and also has new features built into it that players should be using. For a client to be in its BETA stage after a full year of release, it's getting a little silly. If it's capable then it should be introduced. The remaining reported bugs on the forums aren't really extreme ones and we can surely live without them until they're patched.

Crono 02-04-2012 02:54 PM

give us back the "windows" playerlist and we're good

Emera 02-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1683607)
give us back the "windows" playerlist and we're good

I liked the old playerlist too <3

Admins 02-04-2012 03:30 PM

Can you explain why the v5 player list is better: look, or easier selecting of players, etc. ?

NicoX 02-04-2012 03:33 PM

I like the v6 more. I dont know why you ppl keep staying at this ****ty v5 list...

Emera 02-04-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1683614)
Can you explain why the v5 player list is better: look, or easier selecting of players, etc. ?

The look of it, how it doesn't resize whenever you move it and it's a little clearer against the white background of it.

Andre2006 02-04-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

The old player list doesn't minimize my open message box when I cick somewhere else on the screen (ex, if I am opening up more than one mass message) It's a lot easier selecting players, and the look is better, I personally don't like the blue.

I like how you can send a mass message to everyone on the server by pressing a button on the new player list, but 9 out of 10 times I want to select the players myself, if I want to avoid certain people and that is much more easier on the old player list.

Crono 02-04-2012 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I like the fact that on v5 I don't have to change my entire theme just so the playerlist can have a better color combo, black text on grey background is very easy to read.

The font seems to be slightly different (smaller?), making it harder to read compared to the v5.

One of the biggest deals for me, though, are the tabs. I like how on v5 the tabs stand out so much. They are bolded, have a radically different color, and have those big line breaks. On v6 they're just a different color and blend in too much.

Overall it would be nice if we could have the old playerlist look back and have the pm windows themed to match it without having to change our entire theme.

TSAdmin 02-04-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre2006 (Post 1683617)
The old player list doesn't minimize my open message box when I cick somewhere else on the screen (ex, if I am opening up more than one mass message) It's a lot easier selecting players, and the look is better, I personally don't like the blue.

I like how you can send a mass message to everyone on the server by pressing a button on the new player list, but 9 out of 10 times I want to select the players myself, if I want to avoid certain people and that is much more easier on the old player list.

Have you tried using the external playerlist option instead? It sounds like what you're after is this:

http://i.imgur.com/0PcRrl.png

and this:

http://i.imgur.com/aElI9l.png

Which are both already in V6 (Obviously, since I just screen captured it). Unless I'm mistaken in what you're trying to achieve. If I am mistaken, chances are it's probably going to be unclear to Stefan as well. Perhaps you could do a v5-v6 comparison to demonstrate your desired functionality?

The look, on the other hand, is another issue. I know it sucks having to use a theme to get a desired readable text and background.

xXziroXx 02-04-2012 04:10 PM

Theme functionality is probably one of the worst ideas every intergrated into Graal, it would be a lot better with just one universal look (and please not that ugly toon or blue theme).

Andre2006 02-04-2012 04:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSAdmin (Post 1683620)
Images and stuff ;]

I want to be able to select certain people like you did to avoid certain players, and that doesn't work for me on V6 but it does on V5, the problem where if I had a message box open and clicked somewhere else on my screen it would minimize the message seem to be fixed now.

I don't want the messages to clutter my taskbar like in your images, and when I have more than one message box open at a time they all stay in the center of the screen so I can answer them one by one.

This is how I want it v.

Attachment 54262

The only thing I'm missing is an option to remove the S (sends messages if a message box is open) because I walk with WASD.

ffcmike 02-04-2012 10:00 PM

I'm actually glad that V6 isn't being rushed as there's still quite a lot of bugs and inconveniences which need to be fixed. But yes the supposed release has gone awfully quiet for something which was publicly stated to be imminent over 6 months ago.

fowlplay4 02-04-2012 11:29 PM

I want a check box added to the downloads window so I don't have to see it every ****ing time I log on a server.

An actual native option for GUIs not those "like native" themes/skins with the photo shop tutorial buttons. Alternatively an actual native GUI theme/skin would also work.

There needs to be two options as well:

Default Theme for Internal Windows
Default Theme for External Windows

Better bug tracking, because it's a ****ing nightmare trying to point out and keep track of bugs in a single forum thread.