Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   RC2 released (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63536)

Admins 01-18-2006 09:16 PM

RC2 released

The new Remote Control has been released. Download it via v4, on the login server click on the "Update" tab and select Remote Control 2.
This is a tool for server administration.

Most important improvements compared to RC1:
- You can watch and edit profiles
- Playerlist tab with guilds and server tab
- IRC-like chatting, you can communicate with staff on other servers or players using the F8 window to chat
- You can open several script windows, there is syntax highlighting and display of line number
- There is a new way of banning - via "Edit Access" and "/openaccess account". This will replace the old banning. All servers will be restarted until tomorrow evening and the old bans will be removed, but we will upload a text file temp/bans.txt where you can see the old bans and eventually reban them using the new tools. We decided to not copy the old bans into database because there are many unfair lifetime-bans which finally need to be cleared, if people have done bad stuff so that they deserve lifetime ban then they should be globally banned.
- The new RC makes it possible to restrict access by computer (instead of ip check), this is not enabled yet though

haunter 01-18-2006 09:19 PM

*Sits and waits for March 31st* :)

Minoc 01-18-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haunter
*Sits and waits for March 31st* :)

o?

haunter 01-18-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc
o?

According to the link that Stefan provided me in another thread that's the expected release date of V1.0 for GTK Mac OS X. RC 2 needs GTK to run.

At least this is my understanding. :)

Yen 01-18-2006 09:27 PM

I can't express my love for Stefan without being incarcerated. :(

Tom 01-18-2006 09:57 PM

I've been wondering why i could'nt find this lol.
My adventure for the RC2 ends.

Inverness 01-18-2006 09:57 PM

Oi! I'm glad this RC2 doesn't have that ugly theme! ^^
And maybe you could make the syntax highlighting for server ops, folder cfg, and server flags seperate?

Crono 01-18-2006 10:15 PM

Awesome!

But how do I make it automatically upload a level I click "save" on in the level editor? For example in RC1, if you click "edit" on a level and without fiddling around on the RC and just keeping the level editor open, you can automatically upload a level simply by clicking save. Is that possible here?

WanDaMan 01-18-2006 10:24 PM

Add a search button to the RC serverlist.

sage_scooby 01-18-2006 10:25 PM

I loaded RC2 before the server restarts worked fine, but after the restart I cant log onto Aeon with it. As soon as I click connect it locks up and bogs my comp down.

Edit: odd I had it pinned to my start menu, loaded it from there got the problem. Then I loaded it from the graal2001 folder and loaded no problem.

Nightmareangel 01-18-2006 10:27 PM

My v4 client doesn't have an Updates tab anymore. It only has Servers, Events, and Chat. x-x

sage_scooby 01-18-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmareangel
My v4 client doesn't have an Updates tab anymore. It only has Servers, Events, and Chat. x-x

Open a new instance of graalV4. pressing F8 in game doesnt load the update menu.

Admins 01-18-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami
Awesome!

But how do I make it automatically upload a level I click "save" on in the level editor? For example in RC1, if you click "edit" on a level and without fiddling around on the RC and just keeping the level editor open, you can automatically upload a level simply by clicking save. Is that possible here?

It should work the same way, you double-click on a level in the file browser, edit it, and then when you press 'Save' then it is automatically uploading it.

Admins 01-18-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightmareangel

It depends on which server you are, if you are on the login server then it displays the general Graal updates, on other servers you might find graphic packs and such, e.g. on Zone.

Nightmareangel 01-18-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sage_scooby
Open a new instance of graalV4. pressing F8 in game doesnt load the update menu.

har har...yeah I'm blind. Thanks for the help.