Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   When will Mac get some love? :cry: (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134270259)

PlanetOscar 04-20-2016 06:23 AM

When will Mac get some love? :cry:

The community (or just me :( ) have been waiting for several years for an offline editor for Mac. Construct is barely functioning and it's a long hasty process to get it to work. Gods of Graal, please answer my prayers.

MysticalDragon 04-20-2016 08:25 AM

You worried about mac and there is bearly a offline editor for windows pc. I think they're moving more towards the online editors, which in my personal opinion is great. I haven't usef a offline editor since pix's tile editor.

JesusFreak250 04-20-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 1738689)
You worried about mac and there is bearly a offlibe editor for windows pc. I think they're moving more towards the online editors, which in my personal opinion is great. I haven't usef a offline editor since pix's tile editor.

Online editors are great but they're only accessible if you have a server or work on one. You're asking people pay to develop the game for you.

MysticalDragon 04-20-2016 09:24 AM

Whats the point in developing in graal anyways if not for graal. If you want to practice leveling, I'am pretty sure there are tons of free editors where you can let your creativity roam free.

JesusFreak250 04-20-2016 09:44 AM

I'm not disagreeing with that. I just think Graal could do a better job at encouraging and enabling developers, especially when they are the ones who will profit from it. The official editor doesn't even work with Windows 10 and Mac users have to settle with a third-party one.

ffcmike 04-20-2016 09:50 AM

There is an offline mode within the V6 client, in theory it could be used for an in-client editor which would enable the usage of GS2 and Clientside NPCs.

BlueMelon 04-20-2016 01:03 PM

Can't the Testbed server be used for practice level design/development?

JesusFreak250 04-20-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMelon (Post 1738694)
Can't the Testbed server be used for practice level design/development?

It's been down for a few days now. Plus there's a level limit which makes it pretty difficult when dealing with gmaps.

PlanetOscar 04-20-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1738693)
There is an offline mode within the V6 client, in theory it could be used for an in-client editor which would enable the usage of GS2 and Clientside NPCs.

i only speak english bro

MysticalDragon 04-20-2016 02:45 PM

No idea TestBed was down, will get it back up.

Spiker 04-20-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticalDragon (Post 1738697)
No idea TestBed was down, will get it back up.

Can I have access?

Tim_Rocks 04-20-2016 09:51 PM

An offline level editor would be a huge step up for this game. Players interested in developing for Graal shouldn't have to jump through hoops to create content. It would be amazing to get a full set of development tools that allow players to create levels, ganis, and even basic GS2 capabilities offline.

Would it be at all possible to get the source code for the original windows offline editor? An open source tool such as this one would be great for our community.

PlanetOscar 04-21-2016 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1738700)
An offline level editor would be a huge step up for this game. Players interested in developing for Graal shouldn't have to jump through hoops to create content. It would be amazing to get a full set of development tools that allow players to create levels, ganis, and even basic GS2 capabilities offline.

Would it be at all possible to get the source code for the original windows offline editor? An open source tool such as this one would be great for our community.

i second this, make it happen :cool:

MysticalDragon 04-21-2016 06:13 PM

Well graal decided to use ONLINE tools, since the game is a 100% online game. Why would offline tools make it head in a better direction? In my
Opinion any type of development tools should be put on a super backlog. All the resources should go to improvising the client to be more sturdy. There is already enough "online" tools that have the same features if not more features then the offline editors.

Urahara112 04-21-2016 08:44 PM

Lol, Graals current version still has annoying problems like occasional disconnects when crossing through a level "link", as well as a head file randomly opening when the client is running.

Let's not forget the biggest setback of all since Version 6, which was removal of UDP which leaves player smoothness and hit detection not performing optimally (actually performing VERY poorly). This likely has a role in the lack of player versus player gameplay seen in the present day client version.

One other thing is the server location, which appears to favour the east coast, leaving west coast players with much higher ping, rather than running from a more neutral location.

EDIT: My post was slightly off topic, sorry.