Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   You're welcome, Eurocenter (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262488)

DustyPorViva 03-21-2011 03:16 AM

You're welcome, Eurocenter

I accept your thanks on behalf of the development community(and players I guess, but I'm mostly a developer and not a player, so I don't think it'd be right to act like one) here at PC Graal, Stefan and Unixmad. I accept your thanks for the work of the developers have done over the many years and kept Graal alive. Even through all the neglect and many years of being what almost seems to be completely ignore, you're still welcome. You remember when playercount seemed to be almost nil?

You remember when Gold servers almost stopped holding a playerbase? You remember the developers that kept working through the years, hell, the developers that paid to give Graal content and never got paid? I remember so many years of working with primitive and outdated tools, but still managed to function. So many talented developers I watched overcome the limitations of Graal and the tools, pulling off amazing things. But more importantly I remember sticking by Graal and for some damn odd reason, always hoping to bring something to the table for players. For the players who also stuck by Graal, no matter how hard it was for developers to provide them with fulfilling content. So many lack of updates for us developers. So much neglect, but we stuck by you. Ya, we were cynical but can you blame us? We just wanted a little more for our money. But we still stuck around regardless.

But yes, I do accept your thanks for those who stuck by Graal and kept it alive long enough to eventually find the niche to really make it flourish -- the casual player niche. I mean, what would have happened the so many years if we just up and left? Would Graal still be here? I dunno, but it is now and it seems like it has finally made it worth your time and it seems like you're finally glad to have it.

You're welcome.

nullify 03-21-2011 03:21 AM

Repped. Thanks for your development work, Dusty.

_Zelph 03-21-2011 03:22 AM

Yeah. Most of us feel that way. That's why Graal is, and will continue to be, experiencing a brain drain.

kia345 03-21-2011 03:25 AM

Lackluster content for the masses is cheaper than impressive content crafted by talented individuals like yourself. As true as everything you said is, it's been painfully obvious for a long time that the powers that be are rather uninterested in the community - both developers and players - that Graal hosts, and more interested in turning a profit. Just look at the last thread Unix posted before the Facebook announcement. So many broken promises and missed opportunities to satisfy the long term players and workers.

You can't really blame them. The casual market that is iPhone games and Bejeweled on Facebook is a much nicer place to be, it requires much less effort in the long run than it would take for a legitimate game to make just as much money.

It's some twisted analogy about how Stefan went from a humble port/rip of Zelda, something magical with potential, to a thoroughly milked time-wasting game. Something about selling your soul I guess.

e. as someone who is primarily just a player, I have to say that I appreciate you devs a lot for all that you do, and my constant violent criticism in threads, even for new/unskilled developers is only because I love you. Except Soala.

oo_jazz_oo 03-21-2011 03:27 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks to all the Graal devs for your dedication and hard work!

ffcmike 03-21-2011 03:36 AM

http://www.zedia.net/wp-content/uplo...LikeButton.gif

joel34 03-21-2011 06:28 AM

please, soala, don't post

jorollychu 03-21-2011 06:36 AM

thanks to everyone except everyone who has been dev admin/manager of classic since 2004 and has killed it.

Mark Sir Link 03-21-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorollychu (Post 1637957)
thanks to everyone except everyone who has been dev admin/manager of classic since 2004 and has killed it.

yup

Luda 03-21-2011 06:37 AM

Quote:

yep

MysticX2X 03-21-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

ya

ffcmike 03-21-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link (Post 1637958)
yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1637959)
yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1637962)
ya

An issue is being raised that questions the decency of 2 individuals that are pushing the dedication of many people over the last decade (and that includes people that worked on Classic both prior and after the date specified) to one side for their own benefit (and I'm not saying it isn't a step forward, that's not the issue), and you're using it as an opportunity to make a jab towards what can only be one or 2 people that whether you like it or not have contributed more than what you will ever contribute.

If there is anyone that should not be thanked, it is you.

WhiteDragon 03-21-2011 07:02 AM

It's unfortunate that this thread which was clearly targeted at Eurocenter had to be swung into some internal drama.

jorollychu 03-21-2011 07:14 AM

LMAO thor, you actually believe all that garbage you and whitedragon (how often did this ****ing clown **** around with NPCs that were never released while off tag?) worked on is contributing. contributing to no one, and not listening to anyone's opinions, is something you should NEVER be thanked for. No idea how such a headless arrogant chicken as yourself got the manager position, not that it's very prestigious considering the state of classic when you got it.

ffcmike 03-21-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorollychu (Post 1637966)
LMAO thor, you actually believe all that garbage you and whitedragon (how often did this ****ing clown **** around with NPCs that were never released while off tag?) worked on is contributing. contributing to no one, and not listening to anyone's opinions, is something you should NEVER be thanked for. No idea how such a headless arrogant chicken as yourself got the manager position, not that it's very prestigious considering the state of classic when you got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1637964)
An issue is being raised that questions the decency of 2 individuals that are pushing the dedication of many people over the last decade (and that includes people that worked on Classic both prior and after the date specified) to one side for their own benefit (and I'm not saying it isn't a step forward, that's not the issue), and you're using it as an opportunity to make a jab towards what can only be one or 2 people that whether you like it or not have contributed more than what you will ever contribute.

If there is anyone that should not be thanked, it is you.

Thank you for proving my point.