Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone PC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Development Plan of Action (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134264684)

Programmer 10-01-2011 05:07 PM

Development Plan of Action

Formal Plan of Action:
  • Improve the efficiency of Zone by removing redundant features and optimizing system code. Many systems operating today do not run as optimally as they should. A prime example is the Hitpoint handler: It has been seen running at over 2% on the /stats readout with only 7 people online. This can cause latency issues in other systems, most notibly the movement system. In spar scenarios, this is unacceptable. Another significant issue is the fact that Zone still has GS1 artifacts in its code, which may also contribute to latency throughout the server. This code must be removed or replaced with GS2.
  • Remove unnessecary additions by previous management. Certain features today have no use in Zone, and actually serve as a detriment. An example is rolling. Players feel that the player doing the rolling has a significant advantage as he can avoid incoming fire very effectively. This leads to long, drawn-out stalemates on any theatre.
  • Balance weapon statistics. A large number of Zone's arsenal is overpowered, overused, and abused. A prime example was the Carrot. Before I nerfed it, the carrot did a massive 40 damage per hit. That's right, from a carrot. I pose the question: How can a carrot do more damage than a Magnum!? Yet another problem is the Twinblade. It is far too fast while using very little energy. The damage is fine on it, just the energy needs to be increased per swing.
  • Implement new features for both gold and trial alike. Zone has become stale in the past couple of years, as the old planets and weapons have gotten boring. New features will entice more players into Zone. A large feature that many players inquire about is a zombie survival map, akin to Left 4 Dead 2. Many other features have been proposed, such as allowing all players (trial and gold alike) to use hotkeys, implementing more ranks and awards, class-specific buffs and debuffs, etc.

Approved ideas:
- Passive Events
- Bounty Cap Increase
- New UI
- Class Buffs / Debuffs
- New Class: Medic
- City + Zombie Maps
- Gelat Shop Removal
- Arctic Minimap

Any criticisms or comments are welcome, but keep it civil please. Be welcome to change, because change is coming ;)

Crono 10-01-2011 05:10 PM

isn't there already a medic class? o.o

Programmer 10-01-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1669682)
isn't there already a medic class? o.o

Well, more of "improving" the medic class actually :P

destructo104 10-01-2011 05:16 PM

This sounds nice, im looking foward to seeing something new on graal, good luck.

ReptarKingOfTheOZone 10-01-2011 05:22 PM

not sure if medic class needs changing. they can heal players, what more do you need?

plus medic can be OP if played right.

littlekinky 10-01-2011 06:29 PM

Removing Gelat shop? Good luck. Not sure Stefan will remove it because only Stefan can?

Crow 10-01-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlekinky (Post 1669692)
Removing Gelat shop? Good luck. Not sure Stefan will remove it because only Stefan can?

It's on the list of "approved ideas" so I'm guessing that Stefan has already approved of it.

littlekinky 10-01-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1669696)
It's on the list of "approved ideas" so I'm guessing that Stefan has already approved of it.

Stefan will be losing money?

ReptarKingOfTheOZone 10-01-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlekinky (Post 1669698)

because im sure hes making a killin' at the moment.

fowlplay4 10-01-2011 07:04 PM

Looks like you're in for quite the rebuild, at least you won't have to deal with too many complaints as you basically redo nearly everything.

Crow 10-01-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlekinky (Post 1669698)

Sometimes, you have to lose in order to win. Also, I doubt he's making a lot out of the Zone Gelat shop right now.

DuBsTeRmAn 10-01-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1669701)
Sometimes, you have to lose in order to win. Also, I doubt he's making a lot out of the Zone Gelat shop right now.

Nice said, even if the gelat shop is removed, as zone gets more populair people will buy gold to play it..

Programmer 10-01-2011 08:21 PM

The gelat shop provides a very unfair advantage to players that have the ability to pay money. Unfortunately, this has a strong effect on Zone's balance. Although we can't truly remove the Gelat shop, we can alter its content to only allow the purchase of generic items while not in combat. No purchasing super-powerful weapons in the middle of combat to gain an unfair advantage anymore.

Shadow5596321 10-01-2011 08:27 PM

So about those recolors.....

Get rid of them.

DuBsTeRmAn 10-02-2011 10:43 PM

I personally think it would be a nice thing to put in a max amount of hotkeys.. Like 3 or something..