Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions about V6 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196)
-   -   Graal 3D (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84014)

ImmortalHuman 02-04-2009 02:07 AM

Graal 3D

is graal 3d still encoded into graal or has become a subdevided client?

Draenin 02-04-2009 05:28 AM

Who cares? Graal3d is the cancer killing Graal.

Here's a better question: Why have we not had a new flagship server for seven years? Three more years, and Kingdoms will be a decade old.

Think about that.

I know Graal3d is a neat pet project and all, but the rest of Graal's servers seem completely neglected at this point. I'd be thrilled up and down to see Stefan interested in another Gold server. Graal could be so much more innovative and interesting if a little attention was paid to its servers and its development tools half the time.

Twinny 02-04-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1462742)
Who cares? Graal3d is the cancer killing Graal.

Here's a better question: Why have we not had a new flagship server for seven years? Three more years, and Kingdoms will be a decade old.

Think about that.

I know Graal3d is a neat pet project and all, but the rest of Graal's servers seem completely neglected at this point. I'd be thrilled up and down to see Stefan interested in another Gold server. Graal could be so much more innovative and interesting if a little attention was paid to its servers and its development tools half the time.

Is graal3d even important to cyberjoueurs(shut up...slightly inebriated)? I figure they care more about the iphone servers than anything else atm

Crono 02-04-2009 04:35 PM

It's all about ADRENALINE POKER YEAAAH!

Stefan thinks these iphone games are "Graal" so I've lost all hope.

Aura 02-04-2009 07:35 PM

Graal 3D is too expensive, but if the community learnt modelling and coding, then it would work

James 02-04-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura (Post 1462842)
Graal 3D is too expensive, but if the community learnt modelling and coding, then it would work

The community can't seem to put up a decent 2D server, do you really think they are going to be able to create a passable 3D one?

cyan3 02-04-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 1462848)
The community can't seem to put up a decent 2D server, do you really think they are going to be able to create a passable 3D one?

If you had the ability to rent a 3D server I think every tom, **** and harry would rent one.

Tigairius 02-04-2009 09:17 PM

I just want to script on a 3D server to help me improve my math.

James 02-04-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1462864)
If you had the ability to rent a 3D server I think every tom, **** and harry would rent one.

True, but I think a lot of kids would be upset because they wouldn't know where to begin. I haven't actually seen what tools they have to edit, but I'm pretty sure they would be 3rd party on the modeling end of it.

Can the standard Graal editor open the 3d maps?

I just think it wouldn't be as straight forward as 2D and the people buying these servers would have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

xXziroXx 02-04-2009 09:39 PM

Scripting, at least, is pretty much GS2.

James 02-04-2009 09:52 PM

I think the 3D concept is cool and all but I'd much rather see it implemented into normal Graal playerworlds for mini-games and things like that.

As Draenin mentioned, if they put the heart and soul into a new flagship server that they put into Graal2001 and Kingdoms and not abandon it after 2 years, and kept updating it, I guarantee the Gold servers would have a much bigger playerbase.

I just don't think Graal can compete in the 3D market because it's already dominated by companies that have a lot lot more money to spend. Graal is really unique in the 2D aspect because there aren't a whole lot of online games that have the potential Graal does.

Chompy 02-04-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1462867)
I just want to script on a 3D server to help me improve my math.

When I did some stuff on 3D, I improved my use of vectors and math involving 3 dimensions :-o

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1462871)
Scripting, at least, is pretty much GS2.

It's actually very similar, besides 60 FPS and cool 3D functions :]

DustyPorViva 02-04-2009 10:50 PM

Is 3D graal accessible enough to the point where someone paying $100+ for a server(the average goer that you see with servers now) isn't going to be so severely overwhelmed to the point of regret for renting a server?

James 02-04-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1462891)
Is 3D graal accessible enough to the point where someone paying $100+ for a server(the average goer that you see with servers now) isn't going to be so severely overwhelmed to the point of regret for renting a server?

This is what I was trying to imply earlier in my posts. I don't think it would be nearly as user friendly. Most kids that rent servers try to revive old servers or create an Era clone anyway. They really have no idea what they are doing.

knightfire35 02-05-2009 04:03 AM

Graal 3D will never happen as long as Graal continues this way.