Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New playerworld? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260923)

Outlaw_P2P 10-25-2010 08:48 PM

New playerworld?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm planning on hosting my own server for a bit, I'm going to need some LATS, GFXs and maybe a few testers in the end, I already have a friend that will eventually help with the scripting, once I teach him. Any good ideas for future development? Anything you wish was in another server but wasn't. I'm not sure if I'll level the server or if me and my friend/ or hired staff will. Heres a failed level. Yes, I know I used the wrong tiles, but stfu cuz I wanted to see how it would look. >_< I did it in like 10 minutes. So I really didn't take my time on it lol.>_< its my very first level :/

DeCeaseD 10-25-2010 08:53 PM

I really hope that if you made that level you are going to let someone else level your server because well.. that's aweful.

Seeya 10-25-2010 09:49 PM

I think you should make a YU-GI-OH card based server.

DrakilorP2P 10-25-2010 10:46 PM

There aren't enough space travel in other servers. Maybe you can have that?

papajchris 10-26-2010 01:20 AM

Why on earth would you give Graal your money if you don't have any Dev skills? You CAN make levels in the offline editor :shocking:. Get started on a decent looking GMAP before you waste your money.

ffcmike 10-26-2010 11:30 AM

Albeit from personal experience there seems to be alot higher than usual amounts of people who are fairly new to Graal server-hopping and begging any Developer (especially scripters) they can find to work for their (or their friends) server, this isn't a problem in itself but the general mindset among these people I'm referring to is that their server is special, it doesn't take alot of work to make a server people will play and that it's a guaranteed "Classic Tab", I would hope for the sake of better spent time, money and effort that people would be more realistic, though I suppose it would be hard for new people to consider the fact that not a single server has made the breakthrough for coming up 5 years now as they wouldn't have been around long enough.

MattKan 10-26-2010 11:07 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long AEON has been off the hosted tab?

fowlplay4 10-26-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1608681)
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how long AEON has been off the hosted tab?

Was removed 3 days ago.

Src: http://statistics.graal.us/

MattKan 10-26-2010 11:45 PM

Oh ok

jkldogg 10-26-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw_P2P (Post 1608468)
but stfu

People love when you say that to them, DO THAT MORE AND your server will take over graal.

Dnegel 10-26-2010 11:50 PM

It's a trap!

Too late..

Zeke_iPhoneGP 10-27-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnegel (Post 1608701)
It's a trap!

Too late..

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/1384/original/Atrapitis.gif
I just had to do that...

fowlplay4 10-27-2010 02:23 AM

You shouldn't of.

HirakoShinji 10-27-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaw_P2P (Post 1608468)
I'm planning on hosting my own server for a bit.

Do it.

Outlaw_P2P 10-27-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeCeaseD (Post 1608469)
I really hope that if you made that level you are going to let someone else level your server because well.. that's aweful.

wow thanks for the positive feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1608474)
I think you should make a YU-GI-OH card based server.

are you making fun of me? Or was that really an idea? It's hard to tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrakilorP2P (Post 1608485)
There aren't enough space travel in other servers. Maybe you can have that?

Shure. Sounds good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by papajchris (Post 1608515)
Why on earth would you give Graal your money if you don't have any Dev skills? You CAN make levels in the offline editor :shocking:. Get started on a decent looking GMAP before you waste your money.

there's no better time then the present IMO. Might as well start now. Money isnt an issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffcmike (Post 1608595)
Albeit from personal experience there seems to be alot higher than usual amounts of people who are fairly new to Graal server-hopping and begging any Developer (especially scripters) they can find to work for their (or their friends) server, this isn't a problem in itself but the general mindset among these people I'm referring to is that their server is special, it doesn't take alot of work to make a server people will play and that it's a guaranteed "Classic Tab", I would hope for the sake of better spent time, money and effort that people would be more realistic, though I suppose it would be hard for new people to consider the fact that not a single server has made the breakthrough for coming up 5 years now as they wouldn't have been around long enough.

your right. I plan to change that though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HirakoShinji (Post 1608725)
Do it.

You'll see :)