Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hello and Goodbyes (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hi, I'm David K? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262753)

Devil_Lord2 04-08-2011 11:30 PM

Hi, I'm David K?

Short version:
Hi, I'm David K?
Introductions?
:]

:) Well... Ironically it took me a few months to figure out I could actually get on here.. from the main GraalOnline.com site it keeps telling me I need a gold account, and nothing about a classic account. However I seen somewhere floating around Stefan mentioned classic accounts could.. So I attempted again to register and it let me on. </3

So, my name is David K?, and I mainly play on Frontier, Classic, or iClassic; some of you may know me in the past as Ðårk Jéstêr , Çütè £î£ ßàbý, or Devil Lord from either Auroria, Shaded Legends, or Babylon. I also played Zodiac three years ago and became the first Aeromancer... about three weeks later quit..

Back again now with an AA's degree in Fine Arts for Graphic Design and wanting to help the Graal Community.

If not help with small tutorials I have created, then at least inspire others to do art with what I do, and critique where it is wanted. Unless I don't think it can get better or I have no interest in it.. I probably won't comment.

You might be asking why do I care, or why should you care? Because I said so! >:0

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, Graal has taught me a lot. While I was in middle school it taught me X and Y while Auroria was first out, I created my first house! My links were horrible at first.. actually they warped the players no where near the doors.. But I had a GP friend who uploaded my house and helped me out.. Auroria was the first 'real' server I ever played.. I mean I've played others like doomsday, something angels, but they really never kept my attention. It was also the first server I was hired on and thus my level editing started.

Eventually Auroria went down and I started on Shaded Legends.. I started wanting to create things.. I started searching for programs to make Shields and Swords.. and other graphics to improve my house. If Graal did not start my career towards art, it definitely sparked an interest. I had my house put on Shaded Legends and held a few different staff positions there. I found Paint Shop Pro programs, free trials really, which helped me do graphics.

Even further down the road I wanted to improve my house more.. "bad idea which will be stated later" and I decided to take on GS1 ... I learned a few of the basics.. how to open a door.. how to move npcs and set there ganis.. actually it was simpler back then because you could press an F# and take a screenshot of the level.. actually take the whole level and scripts too. It helped the learning process but I suppose people could steal things as well..

Anyway, a new server came out... well a few I am sure, Shaded Legends becoming less popular.. I decided I would start playing Babylon.. Again, eventually getting my house up, becoming staff, and having the very last Kuro "A neat pet system which I have semi recreated a like system on Frontier" I wanted to further my NAT, LAT and GAT skills.. I'm not saying I was any good, but I had a small house, ganis 'that I did not create' and a solar system above my bedroom. ... Well they weren't too happy with a player-house with about 50 levels lol.. so I did shorten it to about 20.. I had small skits and scenes where blue aliens, basically stick people would move around, small blue cars would also move.. kind of an animated loop. Anyway, GS2 hit and ... Everything died, my whole house.. D: Essentially so did Babylon.. they kept on for a while.. However during my stay on Babylon and progressing slowly I took over as FAQ Admin because again it was dying.. Kinda quit trying to learn Graal Script because I only knew the basics and it only got harder. :'[ Kinda quit making levels too...

Sadly, I quit FAQ Admin and started playing Zodiac.. This was a big mistake because at the age I am now, I feel I should have stayed with Babylon until the grave.. But the only good skills I had left were to create event levels.. I couldn't even script them.

During all these years I have quit Graal about 3-4 times. But I always come back, because I love Graal.. It taught me X and Y Axis which helped me a lot in highschool. It taught me basic HTML to PM people with.. even that old body onload alert script that you had to turn your computer off to get rid of lol

I learned how to program.. or the idea of programming anyway.. but I can't say that helped me much in Visual Basics, however in college it did help me when I had a C Programming class.. Kinda dropped out of Computer Science and went into art because Programming just doesn't seem for me..

And most of all, it opened my mind to art.. and just creating things in general... Now I am not sure if Graal is the main reason I like art, but I think it definitely helped.

When I can, and I think I know what I am doing, I attempt to create tutorials for others to learn the things I know. Currently trying to do a gani tutorial because all my ganis I do online and via text. I should probably state I can't use Graal Shop or Levels Editor, not that I like either of them because working with Type1 tiledef, and images I create they can't be seen offline. :'[

Anyway, I now go by David K?, and dress like a noob. :]

I suppose I should also state I come from Graal iPod which brought me back to Graal after I seen it had come on iPod.. I actually like it much more, and I feel the players are more friendlier. I will probably get flamed for this, but I could care less. ;]

Also, I would also like to restate, I play frontier mostly and I am currently Co-Manager of it. I do only have a classic account, and can only use RC on testbed which I am grateful for. "Although I just moved from PA to MD and can no longer use RC because my IP is changed"

Anyway, you all almost know a lot about me now, anyone care to introduce them selves? I hope to meet a lot of you and get to know you all. Perhaps we will work together some time. :]

-David K? :noob:

P.S. Yes, I usually do have a lot to say, and do make long posts. </3
Sorry for those who hate to read..

Geno 04-08-2011 11:35 PM

K.

what is frontier?

Shadow5596321 04-08-2011 11:37 PM

hi, no life stories.

Devil_Lord2 04-08-2011 11:42 PM

@Geno
Frontier is a Quest based server, currently under development. The server is owned by ZeroG, and it is basically ZeroG, Winston and I who work on it. It is staff only, however I am currently hiring two GATs. One for ganis and one for graphics. They would basically just work on the side things and help out.. can't say they would be put to a lot of use.

That is about all I can say about it. ^.^;

@Shadow5596321
Hello. :]

I believe I read somewhere, or have heard there is no double posting.. that will be slightly hard for me, but I guess I will edit a lot of my messages.

Does anyone know why my status cannot be "Noob" ? It seems to be in asterisks.. as if it were a bad word. :[

nullify 04-09-2011 12:01 AM

What the hell happened to the first Devil_Lord?

Shadow5596321 04-09-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 (Post 1642174)
Does anyone know why my status cannot be "Noob" ? It seems to be in asterisks.. as if it were a bad word. :[

cause ur a noob

Devil_Lord2 04-09-2011 12:06 AM

@nullify
Good one ;]
After my first nickname spyboy0 when I was around 10?
I started using Devil_Lord2 on Graal around year 2000.
I can't exactly say why I chose that number.. It may have been taken..?

@Shadow5596321
I know, isn't it great?! :D

Crono 04-09-2011 12:11 AM

hi <3

Devil_Lord2 04-09-2011 12:19 AM

Hi Crono, how are you doing?
I've either seen your posts around, or have seen you on PC somewhere.. not to be confused with Cronos who I believe was our owner on Shaded Legends.. Do you get on Testbed at all?

Demisis_P2P 04-09-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 (Post 1642168)
some of you may know me in the past as Ðårk Jéstêr , Çütè £î£ ßàbý, or Devil Lord

Judging you so hard right now. :|

Soala 04-09-2011 12:22 AM

hello

Devil_Lord2 04-09-2011 12:39 AM

@Demisis
Take your time. :p
Try not to leave anything out.

-edit- Also, all three of those were around the same time. I have a .. had a statue on Babylon in my house with all three.. well Excluding Devil Lord.. and there was also Cute Lil Kitty actually ... >.> That wasn't too often but they had a neat cat which use to be on UN as well but I suppose it was taken down.. that or the invisible head was.. Actually it was turned into an odd noob head which had freaky eyes. I was on UN for eight minutes where I was called a ***got, many other names... It was a great welcome back. :]

@Soala
Hi, how are you!

SwimChao 04-09-2011 12:43 AM

Hi.
You've reached the point of no return.

Devil_Lord2 04-09-2011 12:45 AM

@SwimChao

But I have already returned... D:
And I use to love Chao's from sonic on Dreamcast! </3

Luda 04-09-2011 12:58 AM

I didn't read the whole thing (maybe you could do a TLDR version) but welcome, it's good to see some 'new' faces.