Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Global Development Team? (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87453)

Hiro 08-27-2009 10:03 PM

rufus, all it took was name value and some development positions on certain servers. if you volunteered to help out at first notice, i'm sure you could have gotten "advanced development" type rank thing (whatever it is)

it's not as if they couldn't use people who in the past have been *******s and have abused their positions, at least they are still somewhat active enough to want to be in such a group like GDT, let alone have any type of hands-on experience; though this isn't to say that i endorse such actions

Rufus 08-27-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1518957)
rufus, all it took was name value and some development positions on certain servers. if you volunteered to help out at first notice, i'm sure you could have gotten "advanced development" type rank thing (whatever it is)

it's not as if they couldn't use people who in the past have been *******s and have abused their positions, at least they are still somewhat active enough to want to be in such a group like GDT, let alone have any type of hands-on experience; though this isn't to say that i endorse such actions

I couldn't care less. What I addressed in my post is a disgraceful thing for anyone to do, and if this game cared for the protection of its users (or in this case, its staff members) then he wouldn't even be allowed to post on the forums never mind volunteer for a global development job. I'm just going to bring it up with Bell.

Vulcan 08-27-2009 10:06 PM

Skyld has just registered an IRC channel for us on freenode.

irc.freenode.net #graaldt

Inverness 08-27-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

That is incorrect.

Skyld has been global staff for quite some time, which is why he has Advanced Development rank, and Vulcan is former global staff and has quite the history, and also apparently assisted Bell with this. That is good enough for me. And for anyone without such a history, gaining that rank requires time and dedication.
Quote:

I would appreciate it if you would at least try to use correct grammar. And let's not start flaming people about their past history, if you have issues with someone bring it up in a thoughtful and logical way either in this thread or over a forum PM.

Hiro 08-27-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1518961)
I couldn't care less. What I addressed in my post is a disgraceful thing for anyone to do, and if this game cared for the protection of its users (or in this case, its staff members) then he wouldn't even be allowed to post on the forums never mind volunteer for a global development job. I'm just going to bring it up with Bell.

i agree, but they are still trying to get off the ground - it isn't yet a big enough position that it could be abused really, and it could use all the help it can get. sure some people on that list are sketchy, but if the PWA administers the team good enough then those people will be weeded out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1518963)
I would appreciate it if you would at least try to use correct grammar. And let's not start flaming people about their past history, if you have issues with someone bring it up in a thoughtful and logical way either in this thread or over a forum PM.

you obviously didn't understand what i said at all, which i'm sort of surprised about

Inverness 08-27-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 1518968)
you obviously didn't understand what i said at all, which i'm sort of surprised about

I understand exactly what you said, but I'm trying to head off the thread going up in flames. So I say just use forum PMs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan (Post 1518962)
Skyld has just registered an IRC channel for us on freenode.

irc.freenode.net #graaldt

And for those without an IRC client handy: http://java.freenode.net/

Loriel 08-27-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1518974)
And for those without an IRC client handy: http://java.freenode.net/

And for those without a Java browser plugin: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Inverness 08-27-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel (Post 1518978)
And for those without a Java browser plugin: http://webchat.freenode.net/

That's even better, Google failed me.

Bell 08-27-2009 11:25 PM

I've already spoken to Rufus so now drop it all and lets get back to what we were doing. While I realize that most of you will have something in your past that could potentially stop you from being added, no others are being added at this time. All future additions will be discussed by the team and the PWA before being added. I still have some research to do on the rest of the people that have put in their voices of interest and some of them will need to complete an application for review. All in good time kids. I'm getting there slow but sure. I'm just also trying to not let accounts support get backed up in the meantime.

Thank you cyan for your help in this, its much appreciated and thanks to skyld and vulcan for getting the irc channel set up. I'll be giving Darlene a list to get you added to global connect today but won't have much time to do much else until Monday as I'm going to be gone.

If any of you have any specific questions or concerns to ask me though, feel free to forum pm me. I'm going to try to check those a few times this weekend. By Monday we should have an application available and are working out the details of where it should be sent.

Seich 08-28-2009 01:53 AM

awww.. I didn't get accepted... =[

Scary_Sock 08-28-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seich (Post 1519051)
I didn't get accepted? =[

You need to be patient.

Vman13x 08-28-2009 02:02 AM

Its just a question, ceo is one of the most patient guys I have ever known.

Seich 08-29-2009 03:01 AM

^^ oops I guess I forgot a question mark.

LoneAngelIbesu 08-30-2009 07:30 PM

I was told the application would be ready by now. :( I would really like to join.

Edit: Apparently Monday. I should learn to read. :\

Bell 08-31-2009 10:43 PM

I'm slow but don't worry. We are also hammering out the actual responsibilites of the GDT prior to releasing the application so the rest of you know what you're in for. The first group we just pressed into service with probably's.