Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphic Design (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bookshelf (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87042)

Unkownsoldier 07-24-2009 02:54 AM

Bookshelf
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is a little thing I made in the past hour to waste time.

C&C please.

Attachment 49030

cbk1994 07-24-2009 03:13 AM

It looks too flat, the colors don't really change from the top part to the front.

Unkownsoldier 07-24-2009 03:18 AM

How do you suppose I fix this? I thought straight images were suppose to look flat.

kia345 07-24-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier (Post 1509838)
I thought straight images were suppose to look flat.

It has no depth. That's what he's saying. That's what he's always saying. That's what everyone is always saying FOREVER.

Unkownsoldier 07-24-2009 03:45 AM

Maybe that's the style I make it in.

kia345 07-24-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier (Post 1509849)
Maybe that's the style I make it in.

You made a big deal about how this bookshelf is Graal related, so it had better be made in a style fitting of Graal, not your slapped together way.

MrAnonymous_P2P 07-24-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1509852)
You made a big deal about how this bookshelf is Graal related, so it had better be made in a style fitting of Graal, not your slapped together way.

Take it easy, it's not like he shot someone. Atleast try to give some helpful information.

Try looking at other pixel artists work. Use an image as a reference and try to duplicate the style.

Luda 07-24-2009 04:19 AM

http://www.thebbps.com/blog/wp-conte...2/facepalm.jpg

kia345 07-24-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAnonymous_P2P (Post 1509855)
Take it easy, it's not like he shot someone. Atleast try to give some helpful information.

Try looking at other pixel artists work. Use an image as a reference and try to duplicate the style.

He responds to everyone "no this is my style, you are wrong", and it's getting old.

Rufus 07-24-2009 04:32 AM

  • The books are bright, saturated, and too repetitive. It doesn't contrast well at all.
  • The books are badly shaded, giving off some kind of weird non-book-like texture. I don't know why you've gone for this 'technique' when it's a bookend you're trying to convey.
  • The overall perspective isn't fully there. The top should be brought down more.
  • You're using a gradient overlay in an attempt to bring perspective -- it isn't working, especially with how you've applied it.
  • I'm not a fan of the golden book tops, they aren't defined too well, especially towards the top of the shelf. I'd personally just get rid of those as you'll never see something like that on books that are multicoloured and organized in such a way.
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac, otherwise it could really do with an overhaul.

BigBear3 07-24-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1509862)
]
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac

Can't tell if that's a compliment or not.

Crono 07-24-2009 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1509864)
Can't tell if that's a compliment or not.

Yes you can.

Clockwork 07-24-2009 07:07 AM

I lol'd at this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier (Post 1509849)
Maybe that's the style I make it in.

If that's the attitude you're going to have then there is no point in asking for criticism.

CharlieM 07-24-2009 07:29 AM

Empty the shelf a bit not all book shelves are filled with matching books

Unkownsoldier 07-24-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1509862)
  • The books are bright, saturated, and too repetitive. It doesn't contrast well at all.
  • The books are badly shaded, giving off some kind of weird non-book-like texture. I don't know why you've gone for this 'technique' when it's a bookend you're trying to convey.
  • The overall perspective isn't fully there. The top should be brought down more.
  • You're using a gradient overlay in an attempt to bring perspective -- it isn't working, especially with how you've applied it.
  • I'm not a fan of the golden book tops, they aren't defined too well, especially towards the top of the shelf. I'd personally just get rid of those as you'll never see something like that on books that are multicoloured and organized in such a way.
Slap on a texture and it'd fit right into Zodiac, otherwise it could really do with an overhaul.


Uhm, you maybe right but I think you get the perspective thing wrong, those golden tops are the pages..


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.