Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator! (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84633)

pooper200000 03-12-2009 02:21 AM

Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator!
 
3:28 EST 03/08/09

Stefan the lead coder of Cyberjoueurs (The parent company of Graal Online, and many Iphone applications) posted an application for a news administrator position.

The application consisted of five questions, the first of which was,"What is your Graal account name?" This writer chooses to answer the question as pooper200000, more commonly known as Supernanny.

The second question was if the applicant possess gold, and this question must be answered with a resounding,"Yes!"

All of the questions to this point seemed to be almost general Graal application questions, until the third question came about. The question stated,"What is your past experience?" and provided additional detail asking for only relevant experience such as the creation of news, and updates on graal.net)

The best way to state this is that the experience of this writer is over enough for the position. Writing experience can be considered many numerous activities, and therefore writers have as much and as little experience as they need. This native English speaking writer's experience consists of adding news for the Zone server, as well as updating miscellaneous articles for the Zone server.

The fourth question stated in the application was one of the most important.
"What would you like to do if given the position?" My best answer would be that I would attempt to visit all of the classic servers, as well as to visit servers under development. An example of a story this writer would put in the news would be for the server dev graal_PuppetMaster. The server recently had an open release, and it turned out to not be exactly what some people were expecting. However, the advertising of this server on Graal.net, may have helped the process of pointing developer's to servers in need of assistance.




In addition to posting news, this writer would utilize experience with from being the Zone FAQ chief to work on creating comprehensive new articles, and also this writer would work on expanding some of the current articles. One of the aims of this writer would be adding pictures to the news for particular servers as well as adding information for Graal users with an interest in Graal.

This writer's contribution's would not be limited to only their ability to take screen shots. This writer could also use their grammatical prowess and recently installed spell checker. Combined with the above and below proposed services by this writer and also combined with the duties of such a position as the News Administrator position, this writer would be able to handle the duties of a News Administrator.

The last question is a question of clarity, "what makes this applicant unique and better than all the other applicants?" This writer's skills gained through experience from being a staff member on the Zone gold server, as well as this writer's interpersonal, and intrapersonal skills make the writer an ideal candidate for the position of News Administrator.

Other unique qualities that really make this applicant stand out is the applicant's friendly and positive attitude and intuitive nature. This applicant is able to control their emotions when writing. This writer is in no way perfect with grammar, but this user's hard work and dedication are shown in all aspects of their work. All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team, especially to the Graal News team.
-Written by Supernanny (Pooper200000)

Rufus 03-12-2009 02:23 AM

I don't get it?

pig132 03-12-2009 02:26 AM

i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator

pooper200000 03-12-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473332)
I don't get it?

I'm trying to give a more unique application. ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig132 (Post 1473335)
i think this is an application, but what the **** is a news administrator

As stated with Stefan's post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admins (Post 1472371)
Title: Hiring: News admin

A lot of fun stuff and updates are happening on Graal servers but not a lot of news are added to graal.net (and the serverlist news). For improving that situation it would be good to have some dedicated staff who talk to server staff to being news to graal.net. This is mainly a helper position and will eventually get global level 1 (RC) to be able to talk to staff. The person who is managing this should be someone who comes along nicely with the staff on servers.

Admin is short for administrator.

pig132 03-12-2009 02:33 AM

i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***

pooper200000 03-12-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pig132 (Post 1473337)
i know what an admin is. my question was aimed towards "how does this have a use"

server managers should be posting this, not a "news admin" thats just ***

How does this position have a use? This position has a use by allowing for the graal.net news to be updated more frequently, as some servers do not add their updates to graal.net.

I am applying for the News Administrator position.

thesmoothcriminal 03-12-2009 03:03 AM

Trying to hard mate

Matt 03-12-2009 03:03 AM

This is a very unique application, good job. Sounds like you understand the job your applying for, and would be quite good at it. ^^

Unpredlctable 03-12-2009 03:15 AM

do not confuse pretension with uniqueness

MiniOne 03-12-2009 06:57 AM

Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.

Clockwork 03-12-2009 07:17 AM

Hell no...in a really nice way.>_<

You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.

>>valuable asset to any Graal team

no.

Dan 03-12-2009 03:26 PM

I vote for Supernanny, I guess!

Jesper 03-12-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1473436)
I vote for Supernanny, I guess!

I agree !

Crono 03-12-2009 03:43 PM

Seeing as how these applications are public I assume we're allowed to express our feelings within the rules, with mine being:

Oh god no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473331)
All of this writer's combined skills make them a valuable asset to any Graal team

Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Crimson2005 03-12-2009 03:48 PM

No, can't even mod properly.

Ravenblade1979 03-12-2009 04:11 PM

@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.


Otherwise I would vote for pooper for this job.

Frankie 03-12-2009 04:14 PM

The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.

Ravenblade1979 03-12-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1473454)
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.

When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."

Frankie 03-12-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1473456)
When you know there's potential in someone you don't "Give him a break."

Huh? I meant give him a break from all these negative posts about the way he did his application.

Dan 03-12-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1473453)
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.


Otherwise I would vote for pooper for this job.

This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.

Elizabeth 03-12-2009 06:39 PM

no.

Darlene159 03-12-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 1473454)
The guy tries to be unique with his application instead of the same boring generic layout that all the other applicants have used and people rip him apart over it? Give him a break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 1473480)
This is just his application. Showing this piece of text proves him to be able to write with quality, it doesn't mean his art of writing will be similar for all news articles he's going to make.

I agree.
It is interesting, and well put together. Sort of like an article would be. I like it.

Nataxo 03-12-2009 10:44 PM

I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.

pooper200000 03-13-2009 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniOne (Post 1473385)
Was this a real application?
Or just a example of a application?
Its interesting though long.

Yes, this is a real application. I wouldn't object to other's using it as an example, as the format some of the other applicants take make the applications seem quite dry and boring. One my differences that set me apart from the other applicants is that I like to "spice" things up a little and have fun to a degree! ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1473390)
Hell no...in a really nice way.>_<
You've proven how you handle positions of power through some of your moderation, which I won't argue about.

I'd like to just address this and move on with it. I invite any of you (Not trying to single Clockwork out in this instance) who have a problem with my moderation to forum PM me if there is a specific post which you are referring to. I won't ask others to reply for me, but some users have messaged me about their post and I've worked with them.

I try to be reasonable with how I do my job, but my job is to enforce the forum rules. I love suggestions, because if there is a problem with how I am doing my job it gives me insight on how other's feel I do my position.

Your insight allows for me to improve and do a better job in the future. I'm not perfect as I said within my application referring to my grammar, but I can work to improve on anything. We all make mistakes, but the goal is to improve and learn from our mistakes so in the future we don't make the same mistake again.

I like referring to the common analogy,"Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!" Please understand that I'll explain my reasoning to you, but there are some posts that I will not restore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1473453)
@Supernanny: Unique application but I would like to see you fine tune your art of writing. Just a bit, not much in fact.

Otherwise I would vote for pooper for this job.

I agree, my writing isn't always the best. I find entertaining challenge in working to constantly improve my writing and I enjoy shifting my style of writing. I get tired following the same format of communication, and I like to keep things interesting!

The act of keeping the method in which I speak interesting allows for players to to be interested in reading when I speak. If we stick to the same dry format, players are bound to lose interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataxo (Post 1473571)
I don't like how you use your Staff positions, ughhhh. No.

I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

Rufus 03-13-2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473617)
If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

What happens after that?

Nataxo 03-13-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473617)
I'm not sure if this is in response to how I moderate or if it is in response to how I perform my duties on Zone as GP/ET/FAQ Chief on Zone. Either way, I am always open to suggestions. If you have a problem with how I do my jobs I do, feel free to contact me about it in a forum PM.

ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473623)
What happens after that?

you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored

pooper200000 03-13-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataxo (Post 1473625)
ALL.

I mean, I'm cool with you as gaming friends, but as partners or you being an authority its just awful.

Srry, its just the way you are,

If you want to message me some of the specific problems feel free to let me know. I'm unsure if you are resentful of the way I acted at times on Zone, because as the Zone Police it is sometimes necessary to act quickly. At those times, I am not able to reason with you in those instances because it is a time to act, not a time to talk. Part of being the police is that I need to boss people around if there is a problem, usually bossing around those who are the problem so they are aware of their error and will not make it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473623)
What happens after that?

I'll review the post in question to double check my work and I may ask you for explanation if your post is extremely unclear and if it could be editted to be appropriate. Unless there is an explanation I never really thought of, I'll leave your post deleted. I try not to delete posts to begin with unless I'm sure they should be deleted.

I'll admit I make errors, as I've stated twice within this thread. The trick is to improve and to make no mistakes, or at a minimum less mistakes in the future. I'm not trying to say mistakes are okay, but we all make them and the best opportunity I can find out of a mistake is to learn from the mistake so the mistake will not happen in the future.

I will say I've toned back on my moderation in the past week, an example of which would be that I've tried to relax on the deletion of posts as spam or off topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473626)
you will be told why you are wrong and then thereafter ignored

My job isn't to argue with you if you feel I am in error. I will explain my reasoning and will attempt to clarify with you. After a point if you just make responses that have no value to the argument at all and you are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, I choose to stop responding. I do have superiors for a reason, and I would encourage you if you feel I am not adequately responding to your needs to continue on to speak with either Sam or Darlene.

Imperialistic 03-13-2009 01:16 AM

The only thing I really question you about is that, 99% of the time, you are on Zone. I highly doubt you even know much about each server, I know if you get the job you can go to each server and see whats going on, but it is always good to have some sort of background on servers right?

kia345 03-13-2009 01:23 AM

Jumping on the bandwagon of letting our opinions fly, I'll be honest: This application isn't that bad.



Because a majority of the other ones suck too, just for different reasons.

Elizabeth 03-13-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1473636)
Jumping on the bandwagon of letting our opinions fly, I'll be honest: This application isn't that bad.



Because a majority of the other ones suck too, just for different reasons.

well it was definately more creative than the other ones, and it actually looks like there was some work put into it, but from his performances as moderator on the forums, i don't think he's suitable for the position.

pooper200000 03-13-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1473631)
The only thing I really question you about is that, 99 percent of the time, you are on Zone. I highly doubt you even know much about each server, I know if you get the job you can go to each server and see whats going on, but it is always good to have some sort of background on servers right?

I forgot to mention it at the time, but I have experience playing other servers. I've played Graal Kingdoms, Era, and Maloria (For a very short time a long time ago). I've tried playing Zodiac, but lost interest as the server does not appeal to me personally. I've also temporarily managed an under development server for a friend (Jothegreat5555), if that qualifies as experience.

Just because I am unaware of all the servers and their back rounds does not mean I am unable to develop an opinion about the server and to provide news updates for each. Part of the position would be to visit each server and to ask the staff members what some of the recent updates were so I would be able to create news articles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1473639)
well it was definately more creative than the other ones, and it actually looks like there was some work put into it, but from his performances as moderator on the forums, i don't think he's suitable for the position.

Once again, if you have suggetions for improvement, as you obviously view me negatively for my moderation, feel free to forum PM me the problem. Discussing deleted posts is not a topic for this thread, and is in violation of the rules.

Nataxo 03-13-2009 01:30 AM

though I must say, at firsts when I just became ET you where friendly and helpful to me.

Imperialistic 03-13-2009 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473640)
I forgot to mention it at the time, but I have experience playing other servers. I've played Graal Kingdoms, Era, and Maloria (For a very short time a long time ago). I've tried playing Zodiac, but lost interest as the server does not appeal to me personally. I've also temporarily managed an under development server for a friend (Jothegreat5555), if that qualifies as experience.

Just because I am unaware of all the servers and their back rounds does not mean I am unable to develop an opinion about the server and to provide news updates for each. Part of the position would be to visit each server and to ask the staff members what some of the recent updates were so I would be able to create news articles.



As I've already stated, please forum PM me if you have problems with specific posts I have moderated. I do not want to discuss deleted posts in an open forum, in direct violation of the rules.



Once again, if you have suggetions for improvement, as you obviously view me negatively for my moderation, feel free to forum PM me the problem. Discussing deleted posts is not a topic for this thread, and is in violation of the rules.


No offense, the last thing I want to read is an opinion, It would be great if we could have facts.

And another thing maybe the players could have good information too, Graal News doesn't revolve around the staff of the servers.

jkool666 03-13-2009 01:34 AM

Firstly I'd like to say your application is GENIUS. Applying for a news position and posting an application like that? Genius. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot or jealous.

Secondly I'd like to say Supernanny is extremely mature in all aspects of Graal staff that he is apart of. Working with him over the years I can say:
-He is extremely trustworthy with "power" and wouldn't abuse it
-When he agrees to do something for you, you don't need to concern yourself whether it will be done right or not.

But unfortunately, finally I must say, aren't you a little busy to be picking up another Graal occupation?

pooper200000 03-13-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1473646)
No offense, the last thing I want to read is an opinion, It would be great if we could have facts.

Of course I would keep my opinions to a minimum, but as I view it, a large part of the position is posting information about the server. As some servers may have content that is interesting, I would surely develop an opinion about that server. My opinion can also be based upon facts and will reflect the facts in my writing. However, my opinion would not interfere negatively with my writing news. I'll try to provide facts though, thank you for the suggestion! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperialistic (Post 1473646)
And another thing maybe the players could have good information too, Graal News doesn't revolve around the staff of the servers.

I disagree with you on the second part of your post. All staff create news, and therefore Graal news does in turn revolve around the staff of the servers. I am unsure what you mean by good information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkool666 (Post 1473647)
Firstly I'd like to say your application is GENIUS. Applying for a news position and posting an application like that? Genius. If you think otherwise, you're an idiot or jealous.

Secondly I'd like to say Supernanny is extremely mature in all aspects of Graal staff that he is apart of. Working with him over the years I can say:
-He is extremely trustworthy with "power" and wouldn't abuse it
-When he agrees to do somethingfor you, you don't need to concern yourself whether it will be done right or not.

But unfortunately, finally I must say, aren't you a little busy to be picking up another Graal occupation?

Thank you for the kind words.

I am busy with all of my positions, but I do not feel my involvement in another position would keep me from doing my current jobs. If anything, my involvement in such a position could further my knowledge, and in furthering my knowledge I may be able to do my current jobs better.

I would be able to do my current jobs better, because of an increased knowledge of problems within the Graal community. I would inevitably find out about those problems from my exposure to each server. In finding out the problems, I would find the fix to the said problems.

kia345 03-13-2009 01:43 AM

Creative isn't always good, unless you're generally a creative, fun person. You're not, so this just made you look stupid.

Imperialistic 03-13-2009 01:43 AM

Overall, It is an interesting application, I like your responses, I just think your experince with Classic and Hosted and even Dev servers are minimum

Elizabeth 03-13-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473640)
As I've already stated, please forum PM me if you have problems with specific posts I have moderated. I do not want to discuss deleted posts in an open forum, in direct violation of the rules.

omg i already did.. i even said it in that post :|

Imperialistic 03-13-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473650)
Of course I would keep my opinions to a minimum, but as I view it, a large part of the position is posting information about the server. As some servers may have content that is interesting, I would surely develop an opinion about that server. My opinion can also be based upon facts and will reflect the facts in my writing. However, my opinion would not interfere negatively with my writing news. I'll try to provide facts though, thank you for the suggestion! :)



I disagree with you on the second part of your post. All staff create news, and therefore Graal news does in turn revolve around the staff of the servers. I am unsure what you mean by good information.



Thank you for the kind words.

I am busy with all of my positions, but I do not feel my involvement in another position would keep me from doing my current jobs. If anything, my involvement in such a position could further my knowledge, and in furthering my knowledge I may be able to do my current jobs better.

I would be able to do my current jobs better, because of an increased knowledge of problems within the Graal community. I would inevitably find out about those problems from my exposure to each server. In finding out the problems, I would find the fix to the said problems.

Well apparently you're all about opinions, I'm pretty sure the community has plenty of them..


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.