Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator! (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84633)

xXziroXx 03-14-2009 11:21 AM

While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

pooper200000 03-14-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1474217)
"...and when I was given the opportunity to be FAQ I worked my butt off.
There were many qualified candidates, however some of those candidates were often overlooked because of a personal vendetta between them and the staff team."

No, I was there. You were simply popular, at least at the time. A couple months before it had happened you were also showing off speed-hacks for zone.

I don't think you were involved enough that you knew who some of the candidates were Clockwork.

My account password was given out and I've gone through all the processes. That was years ago. I changed my password and my account is now computer locked. We all make mistakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal (Post 1474250)
For this job you NEED to be liked if your going to get people to talk to you.

Its obvious that your not popular among some.

You don't need to be liked to do this position. You just have to be able to collect news. Regardless, I believe I am liked, but I feel there are many who also dislike me in part due to my moderation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniOne (Post 1474290)
It seems that people dislike you and this may make obtaining information about certain servers more difficult.

Some people may dislike me, but I can still obtain information. It just shows that some people may hold grudges against me for things I must have done in the past that somehow hurt them. I can't help that some of these people hold personal grudges and feel the need to attack me for them. What I can do is persevere and work hard to prove I am capable of performing at such a position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1474303)
While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

I can't speak for any personality change. I don't manipulate people and I'm sorry you feel I may have done that. I strongly disagree with your statement that I would do more harm than good. While it can be disputed because of the lack of specifics as to what rights the news admin will be given, I feel there is little to abuse. If I had an interest in abusing or causing negative harm to the community, I would no longer be a part of the community.

I've stated throughout this thread all of the qualities that make me a great candidate. The whole point of this position is to update news for many servers such as the classic servers. I consider myself able to do this.

Elizabeth 03-14-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1474303)
While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

i don't even know why he was given the moderator position. first, we all know that he's two-faced, as a lot of us have been saying in this thread. next, he makes a rule against abbreviations. he then gets hired, there's an uproar, and he's been deleting posts unfairly.

Rufus 03-14-2009 02:21 PM

How many servers have you played Supernanny?

Clockwork 03-14-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1474303)
While I might have supported Supernanny in the past, I have noticed a huge personality change in him ever since he had a slight taste of power (or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?). I feel he would bring a lot more harm then good, if he was given this job.

Same could be said about you though, I have noticed a huge personality change in you ever since you've joined maloria (or perhaps you were just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

Crono 03-14-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474145)
I don't enjoy gossiping, I don't even participate in gossiping. Perhaps you are referring to the messages Rufus sent me. I've already said, Rufus' interest more times than not seems to be to promote negativity and to attack me. I of course choose not to listen or speak with someone who treats me so poorly.

Yes you do enjoy it. You used to always AIM me years ago about the most random stuff that's going on and would always ask me for my opinion on it. Last year or so you were constantly gossiping about Dan and talking behind his back while working for him on Zone. I'm sure you turned around and did the same against us to Dan as well and don't try to deny it because Rufus and I both have the chat logs to prove it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I'm real. I'm honest. If there is a problem, I'll admit it. I don't see what is so confusing about this.

You're nothing but a fake. Your personalities are fake, most of what you say is fake (because it's been twisted to favor whoever you're speaking to), and everything about you screams "fake".

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
This writer says that the application was unique from the other applications. This application provided a large amount of variety not shown in other applications.

This writer doesn't care for unique, this writer prefers quality originality in favor of unique. This writer believes pooper200000's writing was not creaitive at all but rather cliche and what this writer expected to see from this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
Snitches are trustworthy. A snitch is someone who will report someone for not doing their job. I am personable, thank you for noticing! I don't suck up, unless sucking up is to state my opinions. If I have an opinion and you are against it so be it. My opinion won't hinder my ability to make just decisions.

HOW CAN A SNITCH BE TRUSTWORTHY LOL, think about what you said again as I don't think you know what a snitch is.

You constantly sucked up to Huwajux and myself, never leaving our sides in 2005. You were actually becomming quite annoying as you were constantly "on us". If Huwa still posted he could probably vouch for my point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000
I didn't gossip to yourself and Rufus, I stated my opinions when you confronted me about it.

If you are defining talking behinds someone's back as to tell the said person you have a problem with what they are doing and to consistently tell others the same thing, that is not a problem. That is admitting there is a problem.

You and Rufus seem to draw far off conclusions for just about everything, and I rarely seeing you having any type of positive outlook. You extenuate the negative, and it is quite tiring to those of us who enjoy looking for a shred of good.

You've always gossiped to me, and don't act like your interaction with Rufus and myself is the first time you've spoken to me. I've known you way before Bomy Island was around and I know how you are.

All you did was talk to Rufus and I about how much you weren't happy with Dan and pretended to side with us. Then on the other hand you would do the same for Dan. It's not surprising really as you've always been this way.

Give some examples of Rufus and myself drawing "far off conclusions for just about everything". Really, do it. Just because we're realistic and tell it like it is doesn't mean we try to be negative. It means we're honest, a concept you have yet to grasp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1474303)
(or perhaps he was just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

Exactly.

Ravenblade1979 03-14-2009 05:21 PM

I have to admit that I have seen this side of Supernanny. He can be quite 2 faced at times but that still shouldn't stop him from getting this job if they hire him.

@SN: Remember I have seen this side of you when you got let go a few times from zone. You were bashing the higher staff pretty bad so don't pretend your a saint. Your far from it. Still hope you get the job tho.

Deeek 03-14-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474315)
You don't need to be liked to do this position. You just have to be able to collect news. Regardless, I believe I am liked, but I feel there are many who also dislike me in part due to my moderation.

Quote:

Some people may dislike me, but I can still obtain information.
Quote:

I've stated throughout this thread all of the qualities that make me a great candidate. The whole point of this position is to update news for many servers such as the classic servers. I consider myself able to do this.
You're missing the point, man. Your qualifications for this position are considerable, yeah. So what? Anyone and their dog can report news. If you're going to be disliked then people who dislike you aren't going to do what you want - that is, read your news. That makes you useless.
From what I've read in this thread, I seriously hope you don't get this position.

Imperialistic 03-14-2009 10:18 PM

LOLWTF

snitches = trustworthy?

Snitch = betrayer, source, sneak, rip off, leak.

xXziroXx 03-14-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1474344)
Same could be said about you though, I have noticed a huge personality change in you ever since you've joined maloria (or perhaps you were just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

This thread isn't about you, nor me, and if anything, I've learnt how to see things from more perspectives then just one.

MiniOne 03-14-2009 10:30 PM

SN has a lot of good points, though seems to be disliked because of his position as moderator. Correct?

Imperialistic 03-14-2009 10:33 PM

MiniOne, maybe you should start from Page 1 of 6, and start reading them..

If you imply that it is because of his moderator position you have problems.

pooper200000 03-14-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1474321)
i don't even know why he was given the moderator position. first, we all know that he's two-faced, as a lot of us have been saying in this thread. next, he makes a rule against abbreviations. he then gets hired, there's an uproar, and he's been deleting posts unfairly.

If you have problems with my moderation forum PM me. You always say I make a rule against abbreviation, however I made a rule and it was removed. Darlene initially approved all of those rules, but it was only after you all made an uproar it was removed. It was made because some users were using abbreviations to attack others while some users were acting usually abbreviations for logical purposes. Basically, I had a basis for my actions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1474323)
How many servers have you played Supernanny?

I've played Era, Sands of Glory (If that counts), GK, Zone, Symphonia, Esteria. Those would be servers I know I have at least 50 hours if not more on. Servers I've just tried would be Zodiac, Classic, Valikorlia, Unholy Nation, and Maloria.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1474344)
Same could be said about you though, I have noticed a huge personality change in you ever since you've joined maloria (or perhaps you were just attempting to manipulate me in the past?).

You guys seem to think my whole goal in life is to manipulate others. This is not true. You make it sound like I say to myself,"Hmmm. Who shall I manipulate today? Oh I'll manipulate that guy! He seems stupid!" That is entirely not the case, and those of you who know me from working with me on Zone actually know me. I don't think any of you who have interacted with me on a non daily basis outside of Zone know me well enough to judge me. That is because I would consider know being to interact with and see me on a day to day basis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
Yes you do enjoy it. You used to always AIM me years ago about the most random stuff that's going on and would always ask me for my opinion on it. Last year or so you were constantly gossiping about Dan and talking behind his back while working for him on Zone. I'm sure you turned around and did the same against us to Dan as well and don't try to deny it because Rufus and I both have the chat logs to prove it.

So you admit that I was interested in what was going on? That I would ask for other people I respected for their opinions?

I didn't gossip about Dan or talk behind his back. Dan knows I have had problems with his management style. You are Rufus are both capable of creating chat logs. I wouldn't past Rufus to make even more rude and insulting remarks past the remarks he has already made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
You're nothing but a fake. Your personalities are fake, most of what you say is fake (because it's been twisted to favor whoever you're speaking to), and everything about you screams "fake".

I disagree. I'm an honest person and people who have actually interacted with me know that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
This writer doesn't care for unique, this writer prefers quality originality in favor of unique. This writer believes pooper200000's writing was not creaitive at all but rather cliche and what this writer expected to see from this forum.

I think this is what it all comes down to. No one will ever be good enough to meet your or Rufus' standards. This is why interesting projects such as Bomy Island will never be completed. The projects can be done right, but they will never meet up to your and Rufus' standards. You are both so focused on having perfection that can't always be achieved. You choose to focus on the problems in everything created instead of providing any positive interest in such a topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
HOW CAN A SNITCH BE TRUSTWORTHY LOL, think about what you said again as I don't think you know what a snitch is.

Perhaps you can explain exactly what a snitch is since I obviously seem to have the wrong impression?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
You constantly sucked up to Huwajux and myself, never leaving our sides in 2005. You were actually becomming quite annoying as you were constantly "on us". If Huwa still posted he could probably vouch for my point.

I disagree. I never did leave your sides. I didn't suck up, I asked questions; I stated my opinions. I may have been annoying but I learned from you. Your post proves I am consistent and persistent in doing what I think is right. This only further proves my capability for such a position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
You've always gossiped to me, and don't act like your interaction with Rufus and myself is the first time you've spoken to me. I've known you way before Bomy Island was around and I know how you are.

No, my interactions with Rufus and yourself aren't the first time I've spoken with either of you. However my interactions are not broad as you also seem to portray them to be. You thought you knew me from before Bomy Island, but you were too focused on doing things I disagreed with. I disagreed because I didn't think such topics were acceptable, such as abuse as a Zone ET. Therefore, you don't know me like you make it out to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
All you did was talk to Rufus and I about how much you weren't happy with Dan and pretended to side with us. Then on the other hand you would do the same for Dan. It's not surprising really as you've always been this way.

No, it wasn't all I did. I focused on developing for Zone debug. I worked as a FAQ on Zone. I constantly hosted events. You make it out like I did nothing, but all I did was state my opinions when asked. You really don't know me at all, because we never got along. Don't act like there isn't a history that you created between us because of your dislike of my curiosity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1474425)
Give some examples of Rufus and myself drawing "far off conclusions for just about everything". Really, do it. Just because we're realistic and tell it like it is doesn't mean we try to be negative. It means we're honest, a concept you have yet to grasp.

I don't feel the need to point out and give attention to negativity. I will point out that I am having an extreme amount of difficult finding any positive posts made by Rufus. You call Rufus a realist, but surely a realist would understand the impact they have had.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1474432)
I have to admit that I have seen this side of Supernanny. He can be quite 2 faced at times but that still shouldn't stop him from getting this job if they hire him.

While I don't want to delve into this, you saw me that way because I had a problem with you. I didn't agree with how you carried out your position and I wasn't afraid to tell Dan, or anyone for that matter, that I didn't like how you were performing your duties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1474432)
@SN: Remember I have seen this side of you when you got let go a few times from zone. You were bashing the higher staff pretty bad so don't pretend your a saint. Your far from it. Still hope you get the job tho.

Yes, all the times I was let go. Lets go through this time.
I was angry when I was removed as ET over my spring break, as I had e-mailed Dan about my vacation months in advance.

Raven you know it as well as I, I am not afraid to tell someone if I have a problem with them. I did tell you problems that I deduced with my analysis. I'm not a saint, I would totally agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeek (Post 1474465)
You're missing the point, man. Your qualifications for this position are considerable, yeah. So what? Anyone and their dog can report news. If you're going to be disliked then people who dislike you aren't going to do what you want - that is, read your news. That makes you useless.
From what I've read in this thread, I seriously hope you don't get this position.

People who have problems with me have addressed their problems, but just as they have addressed their problems, I believe those same people would read the news. Those people would look for errors they would not find, because I do a good job.

If people didn't care or think I don't have the potential to be able to perform the position, they would have stated their point once and would have left it at that. Those viewing the applications could then take their points into consideration. However some people find it necessary to continually reply and they continually reply because they know that there is another side, the correct side, that I am presenting. If it isn't because they know I'm providing the correct analysis, why would it be necessary for anyone to remake their points multiple times?

Ah I would like to point this out as well. You seem to have the impression that if you are disliked people will not read the news. Would the same hold true for this application? It currently has the most views of any of the applications (883) and if people didn't like me, why would they find it necessary to view and reply to the posts in this thread? Even if people don't like me, it is apparent that they care if I have the position because they have viewed this thread.

The reason I believe this thread got as many views as it did is because it is a good application and has gained attention. Even those who criticize me say that I created a good application. The other reason I got my application is because there are those who dislike me and have stated there reasons for why they believe I shouldn't be given the position. I've replied and responded to these complaints, as I believe many of them have a false basis on which they were made.

LoneAngelIbesu 03-15-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1474584)
The reason I believe this thread got as many views as it did is because it is a good application and has gained attention.

I'm not taking a side here, but you can't be that naive. People have viewed this thread for the same reason I have: it keeps showing up as having new posts.

I do not believe that it matters who writes the news, so long as it written in a way I like. On client, I do not know who writes the news. On the news pages on the wiki, I do not know who writes the news. The only to know who writes the news is to go in to the page's history, and if I care that much, then I'm just an immature idiot.

This "News Administrator" is just a fluff position. No extra authority is granted, aside from the possibility that the person gets a global RC with the amazing power of chatting. It's grunt work that anybody with the right subscription could do, but doesn't really want to do. I believe that the only reason people have applied for the position is because they want to have an official title, because that's the only thing separating those people from any regular person adding news.

In short: all this fit throwing and arguing is over nothing, really. It doesn't matter who writes the news, because (1) the news doesn't depend on who's writing it, and (2) you'll never see the persons name unless you go looking for it. How many people actually read the news, anyways? I know I don't.

pooper200000 03-15-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1474596)
I'm not taking a side here, but you can't be that naive. People have viewed this thread for the same reason I have: it keeps showing up as having new posts.

I'd like to point out more to this post. I'm not being naive, however I'm ignoring that obvious reason. Of course people will view the thread that shows first, but people continued to view it when it was not the thread on top. The reasons this thread kept getting posted in was because people had something to say about it. The reason the thread was viewed was because it was posted in. It is circular logic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1474596)
I do not believe that it matters who writes the news, so long as it written in a way I like. On client, I do not know who writes the news. On the news pages on the wiki, I do not know who writes the news. The only to know who writes the news is to go in to the page's history, and if I care that much, then I'm just an immature idiot.

It is good to have one consistent person who has the title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1474596)
This "News Administrator" is just a fluff position. No extra authority is granted, aside from the possibility that the person gets a global RC with the amazing power of chatting. It's grunt work that anybody with the right subscription could do, but doesn't really want to do. I believe that the only reason people have applied for the position is because they want to have an official title, because that's the only thing separating those people from any regular person adding news/

I think that you pose a good question. If this is a helper position will this person be granted additional rights?
I'd rather see someone who lacks rights so they aren't able to abuse rights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1474596)
In short: all this fit throwing and arguing is over nothing, really. It doesn't matter who writes the news, because (1) the news doesn't depend on who's writing it, and (2) you'll never see the persons name unless you go looking for it. How many people actually read the news, anyways? I know I don't.

The news does depend who is writing it. Some people have different perspectives, and some news may be more interesting because of the writer's style. The person's name does not matter.

I know I read the news because I like to know what is going on with Graal. I've always had an interest in what is going on globally and I think it would be good if this helper position was hired. Hiring the helper position might help to get more news posted for some servers.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.