Graal Forums

Graal Forums (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Extra! Extra! Application for News Administrator! (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84633)

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 02:26 AM

what is a server?
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473629)
My job isn't to argue with you if you feel I am in error. I will explain my reasoning and will attempt to clarify with you. After a point if you just make responses that have no value to the argument at all and you are simply arguing for the sake of arguing, I choose to stop responding. I do have superiors for a reason, and I would encourage you if you feel I am not adequately responding to your needs to continue on to speak with either Sam or Darlene.

I didn't say it was your job. It's still a **** move, bro.

pooper200000 03-13-2009 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
The words you have highlighted are not abbreviations, they're pretty basic terms. You highlighted them as though people don't know what a "screenshot" or what a "server" is? What kind of people do you think the players are? They're not idiots, so what you posted was very condescending.

I am posting what you consider basic terms. To some users, especially those new to the forums and Graal in general, they may not be familiar with those terms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
To be fair this is a load of rubbish and completely different to what you said in a private message to me a few months ago when I brought it up. I can always bring up logs if you give me permission according to the rules, but I can't see that happening for some reason. Neither myself nor Crono are staff on Zone, we don't need to know what certain staff are saying or doing.

I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously. You seem intent on slandering me as an individual and I will not give you further "ammunition" to attack me on. My goal is not to promote conflict, my goal is gather news and get along with those on the servers I visit.

I do not remember this being completely different from a few months ago. All I remember was you insulting me repeatedly for information that must have been shared to you previously anyway. It seems quite hypocritical to debate such a point. You then also continued to attack my via forum PMs when the chat in game was not enough for you, as I refused to engage in the conflict.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
You've basically just agreed with what I said yet the example you gave pretty much has nothing to do with it.

My example had everything to do with it. I try to individualize myself to each person, as a method to prevent conflict, and to be personable. If someone does not like to speak of a specific topic, I would not repeatedly bring it up just to agitate them. Instead I would bring up another topic, such as their favorite food, that they would rather speak about. I promote conversation and interaction within reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
You're not, and it is pretty evident by how much they ostracize you.

I disagree, as I am able to get along with the same players who apparently ostracize me completely fine in game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
I know, but that's not what you think you are.

How do you know what I think I am? You admit that I use that example, and I use the example because it is what I think I am. Perhaps you are mistaken in your reasoning, but I am sure I know what I think I am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473678)
Here we have a prime example of you saying something to score points with administrators. This isn't a Miss World contest. Instead of responding with what I've said with blatant lies and one-liners that might make you look good, why don't you try responding with the actual truth and reality here? Staff are never below players and if you treat responsibility as a negative then why are you even applying? It's a really immature mindset.

I am not aiming to "score points" with the administrators. I know it isn't a Miss World contest, but it is how I feel about the issue. If you disagree, that is fine, but my those are my opinions. I'm not trying to look good, I say what I think. The actual truth and relatity here is that staff members are set apart from the players by their additional rights. Being set apart does not make one better, it only alienates them from those who will object to their performing their job.

I don't treat responsibility as negative. I simply stated that being staff does not make you above the players, that it sets you below the players. It sets you below the players, and it is necessary to give additional effort on the staff's part to work with the players. Apparently it is an immature mindset, but I look as staff being a hard position, and I don't look at it negatively.

I don't look at something for its negativity. I look first for that which is good. Afterward if it is necessary, as may be shown in releasing a product on a server, I address the flaws.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473683)
what is a server?

I didn't say it was your job. It's still a **** move, bro.

I would recommend reading my post and the links provided Unpredlctable, if you don't know what a server is.

If you disagree with the way I act in response to arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps you should do as I suggested and forum PM Darlene or Sam? I didn't say it was my job, I was stating that it isn't my job to argue with you for the sake of arguing over nothing.

Rufus 03-13-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473684)
I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously.

Point proven.

pooper200000 03-13-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473685)
Point proven.

I would like to provide this as an example. If this was an issue of moderation, I would cease to reply and would defer to Darlene or Sam to act.

I sometimes drop these issues because the issue becomes he says this, and I say that. I then leave it to Darlene or Sam to act, as they are able to act and review an issue.

At this point it isn't arguing, it is just someone stating their belief and me replying with my own belief.

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1473685)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473684)
I do not grant you permission to bring up logs obviously.

Point proven.

:noob:
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473684)
I would recommend reading my post and the links provided Unpredlctable, if you don't know what a server is.

what is a screen shotte
Quote:

If you disagree with the way I act in response to arguing for the sake of arguing, perhaps you should do as I suggested and forum PM Darlene or Sam? I didn't say it was my job, I was stating that it isn't my job to argue with you for the sake of arguing over nothing.
PMing Darlene or Sam will get about as much done as... well, as talking to you, actually. You keep on saying that I'm "arguing for the sake of arguing" when in reality, what's happening is you're being to stubborn to admit that you're wrong.

And I know that you it wasn't your job, that's why I said it. Holy ****.

pooper200000 03-13-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473688)
what is a screen shotte

PMing Darlene or Sam will get about as much done as... well, as talking to you, actually.

I would again suggest reading the links within the application.

Perhaps PMing Darlene or Sam will get as much done as speaking to me, as they have the same understanding as I do?

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 02:58 AM

what is a graal
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473690)
Perhaps PMing Darlene or Sam will get as much done as speaking to me, as they have the same understanding as I do?

hahahaha

Crono 03-13-2009 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1473683)
what is a server?

I didn't say it was your job. It's still a **** move, bro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473684)
I would recommend reading my post and the links provided Unpredlctable, if you don't know what a server is.

You just proved Rufus' point that you cannot associate well with the players. Dalton was clearly joking, any of us could have identified it.

DarkRenji 03-13-2009 03:22 AM

no because your account name is pooper

i kid i kid

pooper200000 03-13-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1473702)
You just proved Rufus' point that you cannot associate well with the players. Dalton was clearly joking, any of us could have identified it.

I can associate meaning get along with. I chose to ignore his Dalton's sarcasm because it is not beneficial to this application. Dalton is only asking questions he knows the answer to because he wants to be a smart alex and Dalton also wants to support Rufus' point.

You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

Crono 03-13-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473713)
You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

How did I prove your point at all? You're even worse ingame so I don't know if your ingame character is supposed to be redeeming or something.

Matt 03-13-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473713)
You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

If you were hired for this position, you'll be required obviously to be involved 'in-game' to fulfill such duties/assignments. There is no difference when your talking about working for a company (even if it is Graal). The way you represent yourself does matter, in-game, or on these forums. Seems as if you have an 'alter-ego'.

Unpredlctable 03-13-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooper200000 (Post 1473713)
You also just proved my point. Interacting on the forums and interacting on the game are two completely different things. How I act on the forums as opposed to how I act in game can be different and is different.

So then you're two faced? NICE.

Clockwork 03-13-2009 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...1&d=1236919540

MiniOne 03-13-2009 08:58 AM

I'm going to agree with jkool (Jesse), your maturity is a obvious stand out, as well as your ability to form understandable sentences which many other players don't seem to possess the ability to do. I also enjoy talking to you both on forums and ingame so I'm all for you getting this job, though I believe Nat seems to be more experienced in this particular field.

Your Application was unique and in ways a work of art, and I personally think you'd do a great job :) Therefore I believe you deserve the job.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.